The Elephant in the room

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demi, Jul 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unoneemoose Played since Beta. Seen it. Been there. Done that.

EQ has been around since `99. DBG isn't going to budge on rules regarding 3rd party software. They can barely put together the next expac. Look how much they celebrated about releasing shiny ice textures. The game is old, and working with the code has got to be a nightmare. Even being a nightmare though, they are not going to suddenly made adjustments to accommodate those who state they have some handicap: be it allowing outside software, or creating their own. This is why i said check other forums to see what those companies did. I didn't miss any points. I was making a logical recommendation. Anyone and everyone can declare they have some sort of issue and that they NEED some external software to make their gaming life better. My point of telling you to check elsewhere is so you know what efforts other companies are making. Some didn't like that recommendation because it doesn't facilitate the ability to manufacture an excuse to use the software people are bawling about being banned over. You also know that those companies which you would have to go research, do not do anything either. So you didn't like my recommendtion.

Also, Corwyhn Lionheart, my example was fine... apparently you didnt understand the basics of what i said, so then you decided to repeat it with your own example... it boils down to: Don't whine about being held accountable for bad choices you willfully made. If the idea of Meth = Bad is confusing to you, and using vroom vroom cars makes it easier... great, glad you figured it out.
    Jumbur and Duder like this.
  2. Whipsky New Member

Where is all the outrage at daybreak? You know, the guys who KNOW all about cheating yet let it continue because they know they need their money. Or if not that then why? Everyone keeps saying banned, but it wasn’t a ban it was a 7 day suspension. And as noted, the “good” cheaters quit mostly while the bad cheaters went right back to work. So unless daybreak decides to enforce their own rules, across all servers, with bans in line with their tos,;;

PS: sniping at people for things like not using the forum quotes correctly, just makes you look mean. Remember some of us have been playing this for 20 years and so we are old boomers unable to adapt to modern technology
  3. Ibudin Augur

When are they coming after the i s b o x e r s? Love this thread, its going to out pace the unnamed dot class threads.
  4. strongbus Augur

that won't happen the derv have already said i s b o x e r is ok. there are even thread bout saying they where making sure it work on non true box servers.

Thing is that program don't do anything that can't be done with hardware. you can buy adapters that will let you connect 1 keyboard/mouse to more then 1 system. It be no different. wouldn't be surprised if some of the people on true box servers who have more then 1 toon do it.

so why ban a program that with a little money can be done with hardware. just check it cost $20-40 for the box.
  5. Ibudin Augur

Sure that makes since but people who use i S b o x e r, run many accounts on one PC and utilize that to control all the accounts with 1 key click per action for all accounts at the same time. So lets get to work on banning that too, its funny watching people defend it, the harder they defend it, tells me its not right for the game. As you say, you can do it with hardware, then no need for the software, get rid of it.
  6. demi Augur

burn the books !! burn the witches !! where's the pitchforks
  7. Tucoh Augur

Did somebody say inner space boxer????

8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Soo... Truebox isn't right for the game. It's defended pretty hard by a certain segment of the game.
    Metanis likes this.
  9. Chaoslayer Journeyman

Everyone is defending Gina really hard… Add that to the list of bans. Let the lazy raiders make their own triggers instead of automating them.
    Thunderkiks and Metanis like this.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Some things just are not equal and people struggle to understand
    Velisaris_MS, Jumbur and Metanis like this.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Yes, and herein lies the problem. On the one hand, a QoL improvement is needed by some, but on the other you will have people that will exploit this. So, where do you draw the happy medium? DPG can't just have access my medical records to prove I need a QoL improvement, nor to any software company, because of that thing called HIPAA. Sure, I could opt to disclose the information to them, but as I believe Nennius stated, this opens up a whole can of legal worms that DPG would probably rather avoid.

Unfortunately, your "one size hammer fits all" approach includes those that do have a real need, and you are basically saying "tough patootie" because it can be exploited by those that don't need it. When it comes to ADA, there are people that do exploit it, but you don't get rid of the law because of it. It is something that the gaming industry is going to have to start addressing.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im halfway expecting someone to scream: "Windows is a thirdparty app!!!" In a shameless attempt to derail the discussion...o_O
  13. Filter Augur

Sorry for not reading all 13 pages but I didn't see [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] mentioned so I'm assuming thats the platform that could get you banned? I bought that but never could get it to work but sure as hell wish I could since it helps with QoL. In my opinion it's not letting me do things I couldn't do already but its just making it easier to get from point A to B. Having all toons start attacking 3-5 secs faster I suppose is a little better. Anyway is this program causing the banns?

I use GINA, Gamparse and Goods maps so I guess I'm a cheater too but I don't care. All of the things helps my game play since the software provider does not provide these tools/services.

I honestly didn't know there were any bans happening and in the summer things go silent anyway so its just part of the game/life.

Thank you for answering my questions in advance...if you do :)
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

GINA, Gamparse, and Goods/Brewall's maps is not considered cheating by the devs on any server. And as you can see here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...r-code-for-rizlona.266957/page-6#post-3924380
    I S Boxer is ok on non-truebox servers too.

I don't know what thirdparty app you are talking about as your post was censored into "[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]" rather than the app name, but I hope I have answered your question.:)
  15. Angahran Augur

why would they ? i-s-b does no automation. it is basically a keyboard broadcast program. you can do much the same using the macro software that comes with most 'gaming' keyboards and mice.

It's like saying "when are they coming after people using Good's maps ?".
  16. Angahran Augur

Are you serious ?

DBG have clearly stated that programs that simply read log files are 100% ok.
    e.g. parsers, GINA.

Also, using in game maps are also 100% fine just for the id10ts saying using them is 'cheating'.

You do know that you have to create triggers in GINA, just like if you were using the in game triggers ? There is no automation or magic elf creating triggers for you.
  17. Angahran Augur

So, you're talking about warping across zones and automated gameplay ?
    Yes, those are against the rules.
  18. Tucoh Augur

Presuming you're meaning inner space boxer, I've never heard of anyone being banned for it. I'm a bit of a canary in the coal mine for it since I'm a prolific user of it on these forums, so I'll be the first to go if they change their ingame enforcement policy to align with their forum banned word list.
  19. Rauven Augur

This thread continues to deliver. A guy gets a few of his boxes banned. Complains on some random disco server about it. People start spreading rumors. It goes from several guilds losing their biggest boxers to a ban wave on bertox to a ban wave on all servers.

Then people are claiming people using Gamparse and Gina are getting banned next. Finally to add to the epitome of peak EQ... people are claiming that peeps are going to get banned from using ingame maps.

Yep.. Pressing M in game will now get you banned and its the end of Everquest. That's how far this thread has progressed.

The only reason I can see of this thread continuing unlocked is if the CM's are using it as an inhouse joke at this point.
  20. Chaoslayer Journeyman

Like 1 person per server makes the triggers and shares them with everyone. I have no knowledge of his elf magic but I would guess it is strong.

Not only will pushing M get you banned but don't forget to add using the Loyalty vendor to that list.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.