"The Deep" AoE Pulling?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Lagga, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Lagga New Member

Hello! I am a "new" player to EverQuest (well been playing about 3 months now on Coirnav :) I recently got level 60 on my Paladin on Coirnav server, and just like any other day I put up my LFG tag expecting to get a Greigs End or Velks OC/IC group like normal, but today I got invited to pull for a AoE in The Deep group. Not sure exactly what that was, but I've heard plenty about it. Sounded pretty rad, so I said I hadn't done it before, I have no AAs and my gear is mediocre. They said its easy dont worry about it, and off I went.

Well, first 2 hours it actually went pretty smooth. The exp was sailing! It almost seemed like cheating. Then as Saturday mid day came around, things started to get wonky. My latency increased, or was getting some weird server lag. The monsters were pathing extremely weird, I was started to get constantly rooted, frozen, and feared (its like my magic resistance went to -100) and I died two pulls in a row. Group leader was frusterated even though the other 2 pullers kept things going. I was kicked from the group, and perhaps justly so, and probably tarnished my reputation to ever join a Deep group again. :(

Is there any tips or tricks anyone can share in case I get this opportunity again?

I guess i'm posting this partly because I'm a bit frustrated and want to learn :)
  2. Draconum Elder

Hmm not sure what would have changed from one day to the next - I tend to turn most of my settings lower when AE'ing and pulling to prevent the latency spikes.

As far as the rest, as long as your MR, CR (for the wizard ice nuke with root effect) are up to par its usually pretty easy for a paladin or cleric to pull. Line of sighting the casting mobs around corners when possible helps to keep them en-tow.

The odd pathing happens a lot to me when I pull waaay to many in one round. Only solution I found to that is to time the 'rubber banding' once I reach that threshold.