The Darkened Sea: Collector's Edition

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Targraeth, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Targraeth New Member

How to get it now?

Buying the TBM Collector Edition does not credit it towards you.
  2. Nniki Augur

It's no longer available, just like previous Collector Editions.
  3. Targraeth New Member

Sigh. Just want the mount that is specific to that Edition. Trying help keep this ... company ... in the black.
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

No you don't. That mount has been broken since January of last year. You would have only been disappointed.
  5. Targraeth New Member

Oh really? Joy ... that would have really pissed me off then.
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I noticed and started reporting this bug back in January, then added it to the DGC issue tracker HERE several months ago. It hasn't seen any attention or votes, so I guess nobody else is nearly as irritated as I am that we spent $50 on something that doesn't work correctly. Although now it would be totally overshadowed by an entire expansion that has launched Live while still basically in a Beta state.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am fairly sure that you can buy these separately in the marketplace, but maybe it is just if you already have the TDS CE.
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

That is correct. Once you paid $50 for the Collector's Edition upgrade, the mounts became unlocked so you can purchase them for an additional $30 each.No discount for having bought the Collector's Edition, and they are the most expensive mount available in the Marketplace. You can actually see the broken/missing particle effects from the preview window.
  9. Targraeth New Member

Just confirming what Koryu has said. I wanted my Vah Shir beastlord to ride one of these that were TDS collector edition only. It showed a 10% all access discount but gives me a message saying I have to have the TDS collector edition. Having the TBM collector edition does NOT count.

Yes, I have money to waste splurge on digital stuff.

Bought the marbled mount which is good enough. Been involved with EQ for many years, for the first time I feel that it is really on the back burner and well down a slippery slide.

Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow may never come. Enjoy now for change is always in the wind.
  10. Kano New Member

thats wierd when we bought the collectors tds we got the mount for free didnt have to purchase it after and its effects i believe worked though i havent looked at it lately but it was in our claim window right after we bought tds collector
  11. Lynnia Augur

*one* of the mounts was included with purchase of the collectors' edition, and you had the chance to choose the color but if you wanted more than one color or if you wanted another for an alt, you'd have to buy it separately with DBC. The DBC purchasing of the mounts is only unlocked if you have that specific collectors' edition.
  12. Kano New Member

oh ok didnt realize you had to have that edition to buy more mounts i guess thats to make it truly collector edition only