The Crazy Eight?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kiras, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Kiras Augur

Anyone have any hints as to how this W&D achievement actually works? We got it once in Jan or Feb this year by having a couple groups assigned to hug the mobs from the start, but we haven't been able to get it again. There was a patch in the midtime - I'm wondering if it got broken, or if there's something I'm just missing about the mechanics. The achievement's text says always have at least 8 players near both bosses. We fail instantly on triggering the event with 10+ within hugging distance of each.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  2. Prathun Developer

I think I see the problem here. I'll add in a fix for this month's update.
    Thank you for letting us know!
    Gyurika Godofwar, Fanra and Kajira like this.
  3. Maedhros High King

Just got the ACH for some new members and alts last week or the week before. One problem is sometimes Wither or Decay will warp around on engage. There are things you can do to prevent that, IE actively attempting to make the bosses angry enough to stay where they are standing when you engage.
    If you successfully get passed the first couple of seconds, and position the bosses wherever you want them with at least enough people beside each that a few deaths wont put you under 8 people, you should be good to go.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hi Prathun. On a side note, can you guys remove the 10+ player requirement on the Northern Felwhite, Galrun Starforge step for Paladin Epic 2.0? Thank you!
  5. Brohg Augur

only issue for us is when they drop through the statue.

the follow-on, though. Damsel of Decay? blowing up oozes+bokons was a huge issue on our last go there.
  6. Kiras Augur

Thanks for the response Prathun.

We got it again. For anyone else stuck on this: The achievement text lies. You don't just need 8 near the mobs, you need 8 near the mobs on aggro. We put about 15 on each mob with attack on on engage and it worked.
    CrazyLarth likes this.