The Broken Mirror level scaling is still way off

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomeland, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Gnomeland Augur

Tried the heroic adventure "In Defense of Health" at level 85 today.

Normal monsters: 5,000 to 6,000 max hit, difficult, but can be done
    Rare monster "Vomitous": 12,000 max hit on top of a 4,500 / 6 seconds area of effect, two rounds mercenary tanks, three rounds player tanks with defensive running

Tried the same adventure at level 105 - actually higher, but the scaling stops at 105.

Normal monsters: 25,000 max hit, feels more difficult than Empires of Kunark monsters
    Rare monster "Bilemonger": 35,000 max hit on top of a 12,000 / 6 seconds or so area of effect, about typical of a rare for this level

There seems to be a significant scaling problem when, at level 105, the rare hits 35,000/25,000 = 50% harder than normal monsters, but at level 85, it hits 12,000/6,000 = 100% harder.

One should also take into account the fact that, at level 85, players have much less abilities to deal with such an increase in damage, than at level 105. This is Underfoot end zone level damage, on an entry level heroic adventure. Yes, you don't have to kill the rare to finish the adventure, but since this level scaling is applied across the entire expansion, I doubt this is an isolated case.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I suspect they've known for some time that the new HA scaling isn't correct across all expansions. Unless enough people squawk about it, it's "Working as intended".
  4. Gnomeland Augur

The issue is, I'm not sure this is a bug. Perhaps there is a reason for why rare monsters in entry level heroic adventures in The Broken Mirror are set at Convorteum difficulty levels. I wouldn't know why, but technically I can't argue that it's a bug when it is possible to kill them with a full level 85 group - just as Convorteum was. After all, no promises were made about difficulty.

But since it is possible that there is an issue with the scaling here, as shown by the difference between level 105 and level 85, I thought I'd bring it up. I'll probably do more experiments when I get the time and figure out what exactly is broken and to what degree.
  5. GeauxTigers Elder

There are two mobs in the West Karana HA (the named that spawn, ones a pirate I believe) that still spawn at 100+ meaning you have absolutely no chance at 85 as they hit for 30k lol

I think A LOT of them are messed up.
  6. Jetslam Augur

Providing specifics are more likely to get developer action than just "look at all HAs and fix them".