The Broken Mirror Expansion Pre-Orders AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 1, 2015.

1. evlwarhed New Member

i agree..i havnt fired up my Eq since january.. and so far, i see no reason to.. vet from 1999, ive seen this game get destroyed from the greed of sony and now daybreaker is taking the same path..
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. evlwarhed New Member

id just like to say, as a vet since 1999, i have watched this game go downhill for years, geared towards making money instead of providing the leading game anyone has ever seen...i have 3 accounts cause they killed the grouping aspects of game in favor of all the cutthroat raiding guilds and their practices.. mercs, and everything else BOUGHT to make EQ easier for the newbs... my first character i played for 4 years before making another.. took me till level 32 to have a piece of equipment in every slot(mind you... stats like ac2... yeah.. thats it).. now i can log on, make a character, and have them 105 in a week.. maybe a little longer...i havent completely researched the new content.. but if there isnt any graphics upgrade.. NEW models, new (real zones) not recycled old zones, farming and and actual reporting way to curb the in the game.. then i will probably retire my accounts until there is..or forever.. EQ is ALL i have played since '99 it is a way of life for the "real" EQ faithful... ive watched and participated in this money grab scheme for several years.. investing 1000's of dollars into EQ... it stops here, until its fixed.. i now have used that money for a PS4 and play destiny...complete change of type and action of games... but tons cheaper...i will say, i wont go to another EQ like game.. they are all just wanna b's of the original... but at same time, im done with filling people pockets for a game, and especially if there are 10 versions of an expansion just so the pockets can be filled even more...daybreaker imo has done nothing!!!1 but continue the down slope of EQ.. for all the "real" eq faithful.. im truly sorry our beloved game has become a cash cow, waiting for everyone to leave, so they can shelfit and pocket all that money and render all our accounts useless... may innoruuk protect your journey.. peace out
  3. shadowgod Augur

I find it sad EQ2 gets over 20 new raid encounters and all we get are revamped versions of hate/fear raids with 8 new raids from new content.

Is this all we will see in the future is revamped raids from older zones ? Is that all you have the resources to do ?
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Sorry, but you are trying to rewrite history. For the first half of EQs existence you were lucky if you even got any items with the purchase of the expansion, much less in-game ones; and when you did they were generally 1 item per account per expansion; and generally it was only if you bought the box version instead of the online one. Then old box sets which included all the expansions typically included multiple items which were simply the items that came with the expansions included. After about the 7 or 8th year the push to entice people to pre-order increased, and they started offering more items with the pre-order on top of the 1 or occasionally 2 items you might get without pre-ordering. Eventually they introduced the Collector's Edition and it included a ton of extras compared to what we normally would get; with the standard version coming with the 1-3 extra items itself. When Pre-orders were available for both the standard and CEs, they would both offer identical pre-order exclusive items but the CE pre-order additionally offered a $30 price discount.

Also, the aforementioned box sets were priced similarly to the expansions; generally were released at the same time as a new expansion was released and included all expansions including the new one (and the extra items from all of those expansions). Everquest Trilogy, Everquest Gold (PoP era), Platinum, Titanium, Anniversary, etc. all included were priced similar to an expansion and included all the expansions. Didn't happen every expansion but often enough that it was not as big of a deal, it was just with the move by Sony to not have to share revenue with the storefronts that lead to them just rolling all the expansions into each new expansion release. It also saved them from having to double up on releases each year. So having all-in one is not something that was new with SoF and later expansions.

There are more than 8 new raids, from what Prat has said in implies that only 2 raids from Fear (and 2 from Hate) are included in the 15 count; and remember there is that + there because they are still adding to them. I would not be at all surprised if TBM has 20+ raid encounters if you include the minis in each of the revamped zones. Also you have no idea what EQ2's '20 new raid encounters' will include more than half of them may be the equivalent of the Fear Golems. We don't know what either will include until they actually get into Betas, perhaps even go live, but then after that too it is still subject to change.
    Kiillz and -----Cinexa----- like this.
  5. Leifen Augur

Actually I have been getting in to beta since SoD and all I ever buy is the expansion. So this change is a bit of a punch in the teeth.
    Motherlee likes this.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Sigh, there has been no change at all. You have the exact same chance of getting into Beta this year as you have every year since you first took part in a Beta.

The inclusion of Beta Access for TBM on the expansion's pre-order only means that those who pre-order it are instantly in on day one. Just like SOE Live or Fan Faire attendees were given Beta Access in the past, and those who did not attend just had to register and get added over time.

No one has kicked or punched you in the teeth.
  7. eliandra Elder

woooottt nice a new add on for lot of money !!! (and not a free campaign !!! ) i like the name "broken mirror" but is it possible before to check and repaire "broken" antonius bayle server before ? we have lag and deconnexion since august every 1 or two hours !!! 28 pages of player angry and no answer since 1 week ... if you can repair this server propose a free migration . thx in advance
    Motherlee likes this.
  8. Sheev Lorekeeper

Shame AB players won't get to experience this expansion, or any others.
    Motherlee likes this.
  9. Tagnish New Member

I would of liked to see some type of house added to the two higher priced packages. With five accounts I would be spending a lot more money. As is I will only be buying the expansion for only the three accounts that I play most and I will buy only the base package. So as for me you loosing several hundred dollars.
  10. Tagnish New Member

I also wanted to mention that in the past buying the collectors got you a merc contract that could be claimed on every toon not just the one,
    Motherlee likes this.
  11. Pullatross New Member

Wow they're really trying to get their investment back quickly. I've always bought the Collector's Edition expansions in the past but I can't see myself forking out over AU$140 for a handful of extras. Especially when my main is a wizard so I doubt the teleport items will be much value to me. AU$218 for the Premium Edition? Darryl Kerrigan from the Castle says "Tell them they're dreaming, son!"
    Motherlee likes this.
  12. svann Augur

So you feel as though other people being able to buy their way in hurts you how?
  13. Bleve Lorekeeper

I'm pretty sure it cost them the same amount to develop the expansion regardless of what you choose to purchase, so really they're not losing anything if you decide to just buy the base package ~ in fact, they actually gained money from you buying the one package. Perhaps not as much a gain as if you had bought it for several accounts, but I tried to make up for it a bit just for you :) ... I bought the standard addition on two accounts, and the premium edition on my main. Is that a lot of money? Well, I'm retired so on a pretty tight budget, but I equate my EQ costs for a year as less than I might spend on cable TV or going out to the movies every week. I can only hope that Daybreak continues to make money, so they keep making expansions and keep the game alive. I'd hate to see EQ go the way of other MMOs that they just turned off the servers.
  14. Bamkan Augur

Exchange for the US to AUD is 1.4 . So a US$140 premium should be AUD$196. Instead they've added another $22 dollar to it.
    I'm in NZ which has a similar exchange rate. Can either buy Premium or Netflix for 2 years. A no brainer really, this will be the first time I don't buy the collectors version :)
  15. Anastasis Elder

Question for those who pre-order the collector's edition:
    After you did the pre-order, what are the items that are immediately claimable?
    I only see Shroud of the Bokon and Satchel of Shattered Eternities in my claim list, but the Shroud of Relife, Touchstone of Health, Cynosure of Health, Contract of the Chosen and Reflections of Life in Decay painting are missing. Are those only claimable once the expansion goes live? Thank you.
  16. Khat_Nip Meow

I ordered the Collector's Edition and also received both the Shroud of the Bokon and Satchel of Shattered Eternities in /claim immediately. The rest I imagine become available when the expansion goes live.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think they should add a House to the premium package to put it to parity. $50 for 1 mount? ...
  18. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Please add an additional item / benefit to the expansion.
    Buying the latest expansion unlocks TLP for your account!
  19. Ghoast New Member

This may have been said already but do we know what the actual "Live date" of the new expansion is, not Beta?
  20. Crystilla Augur

They said November 18 was the target.