The Broken Mirror Beta Starts Wednesday, October 21

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

It’s that time! The beta test for The Broken Mirror starts on Wednesday, October 21, 2015. The beta server will be ready for players on Wednesday in the early afternoon.

[IMG]

Everyone that pre-orders The Broken Mirror gets immediate access to the beta server once it is available. Playing The Broken Mirror on the beta server also has perks for your live server accounts! There is more information coming soon about the rewards players will be able to earn by testing expansion content on beta.

Here is some information to help you get started in Beta:

How to provide testing feedback:
    • Use the /bug command in game to open a window and submit information. Include as much information as you can about the problem so that we can reproduce the issue.
    • Out of game, issues can be reported via the Daybreak Issue Tracker.
    • Post additional feedback in The Broken Mirror Beta Forums (Note: You have to be active in the beta to be able to post on these forums)
    How to set up a test character for beta:

We want people to be able to test the content with a variety of classes and levels. To beta buff, use this command on a level 1 character: /betabuff <class> <level>

For example:
    /betabuff necromancer 105

How to copy your character over to the Beta server:
    • Log in to your character on your live server and then type the /beta command.
    • Characters flagged for beta will be copied periodically (typically every morning).
    To patch and get into the Beta servers:
    Other Important Information:
    • Beta installs into a separate folder that takes about the same space as your live game version.
    • The Beta server may not be accessible at all times, as patching occurs when it is necessary.
    • The Beta server is wiped periodically, meaning beta characters may be deleted with or without notice.
    We look forward to hearing your feedback about The Broken Mirror and seeing you on the beta server!

Pre-ordering gives you immediate access to The Broken Mirror beta server and Shroud of the Bokon, a special illusion item. If you haven’t already pre-ordered The Broken Mirror, you can do so here.
    Orbital101, Shiea, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

In preparation for the beta for TBM, I have created a component tag: BETA: TBM for the issue tracker for Beta issues, found under "Gameplay". If you open any beta-related issues, please add that tag (or I will later!). Thank you! Likewise, Please clearly mark all beta-related issues as being beta issues!

(standard disclaimer that the issue tracker is 3rd party and please do NOT use your EQ username/password there.)
    Orbital101 and Khat_Nip like this.
  3. Randragon Augur

Have you all considered the traffic of cramming all of the servers and the people who pre-ordered onto one Beta Server?

Stress Testing? LOL.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

NDA - Yes / No ?

I'm guessing no because everyone who pre-ordered can be in beta so not much point in NDA but who knows what Daybreak thinks.
  5. Crystilla Augur

Given that they're having us post issues we find on a 3rd party (no log in required) site, I would say there is not an NDA this time. But that's just my best assessment.
  6. Riou EQResource

I don't see how there can be an NDA when they want issues on Beta posted publically on the tracker
  7. Rafather Augur

I don't recall any NDA when preordering yesterday.
  8. Roshen Brand Manager

There is no NDA for The Broken Mirror beta. You're free to talk about this content AFTER THE BETA GOES LIVE WEDNESDAY, and share screenshots or stream from this server.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Fanra like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will beta open up to those who haven't pre ordered after tomorrow?
  10. Rafather Augur

I doubt they will change the past and will have random signup/invite periods and of corse guild invites for raid testing.
  11. Termancourt New Member

Screen goes black at server select. Then popup that client may have crashed. I think its a video error. Win 10. Nvidia GTX 970. (Live eq still works fine, it's just beta that wont run)
  12. Snowman Augur

wru beta forums !
  13. Warpeace Augur

More than likely because there is no access to the Beta server for us yet. Try again today around noon. Then you will know for sure.
  14. Leifen Augur

Why noon? Should be available now, there was no mention of a time in the announcement about beta starting today just says it starts.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Because that's what Daybreak said in this post.

Crystilla likes this.
  16. Riou EQResource

Holly tweeted around noon pacific
    #Everquest The Broken Mirror Beta is expected to be up around noon PDT!
  17. OHBoy(theRanger) Journeyman

Early Afternoon PDT I'm assuming since it's afternoon here and beta is still locked....
  18. charla Lorekeeper

Would be useful when they say early afternoon they mention which country (US, UK, California ;)) etc ) ,. just saying!
  19. Riou EQResource

like everything Daybreak ever says time and date related will be Pacific USA time
    Mintalie, Iila and Warpeace like this.
  20. chronicler Augur

Since there is no NDA, do you then intend to make the beta forums public ? Even for those not in beta(yet).

Maybe so that people not in beta cannot post there
    Agrippa likes this.