The best thing about boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Jun 15, 2017.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Is seeing a level 50 creep up on the camp invis, think he has a shot and then notice my other 4 boxes. Then I quickly see these folks go from thinking I got a shot of KS this camp to "Hey are you camping this?" Then they quickly disappear into the next /pick to try to ks another solo guy.

:D
  2. nagash101 Augur

One of the benefits. The other is when they do wanna dps race you can beat them with your mages.:)
  3. Amoeba Augur

I wunna see someone running around with 6 Clerics boxing.
  4. Leftharted Elder

Or, he was just checking on the camp? .....

If they literally said Nothing to you, then you made a bunch of assumptions over a totally normal thing to do.. You boxers need more people to talk to or something, quit being all paranoid.
    Finley likes this.
  5. Karanthal Augur

Best thing about boxing.

Each of my personalities play a charter each. Oh the conversations we've had.
    Silentchaos likes this.
  6. That One Guy Augur

I think the non boxers are the paranoid ones. I just walk into a zone or log on and people start calling me names and assume I'm there to take whatever they have lol. Just the sight at all the characters on auto follow is something most people cannot stand on agnarr.
  7. Atabishi Augur

[Fri Jun 16 01:53:36 2017] ----------- says out of character, 'Atabishi....take your f***ing a** back to Phinny...nobody wants your sorry a** here'
    [Fri Jun 16 01:54:00 2017] -------- says out of character, 'Atabishi still at it huh? when is your shift over?'
    [Fri Jun 16 01:54:14 2017] ------ says out of character, 'na...he sucks d**k all day and night'
    [Fri Jun 16 01:56:30 2017] -------------- says, 'wow...f***ing bot central'
    [Fri Jun 16 01:56:42 2017] ------ says, 'Atabishi...you stinky a** c*nt...go back to Phinny'
    [Fri Jun 16 01:57:55 2017] -------- says, 'go back to phinny you piece of s**t'
    [Fri Jun 16 01:58:40 2017] ----------- says, 'f***ing bot d**k'
    [Fri Jun 16 01:59:45 2017] ------ says, 'i'd bet a ton of money you're probably using keystroke assitance at the very least'
    [Fri Jun 16 02:00:30 2017] ------ says, 'phinny misses you..take your a** back'
    [Fri Jun 16 02:01:15 2017] --------says, 'cause you and your f**got bot patrol are always in the way'
    This is a taste of ooc and a group of people running to my camp just to harrass me. Which generally happens every 2-3 hours on a daily basis. If only I could post the logs from every day. I agree, the non-boxers are INSANELY paranoid.
    Reht likes this.
  8. andross77 Elder

This proves nothing except maybe you KS a lot of people and push people out of their camps. That's like looking at the 70+ women accusing Bill Cosby of gRaping them and saying "Yeah, Cosby has such bad luck that those many women would all lie about the same thing" when it's FAR MORE LIKELY that he actually gRaped all of them and maybe others.

PS I don't know you and you might be a great guy but what you posted doesn't prove that non-boxers are paranoid namecallers. It only makes it LOOK LIKE you are a jerk. But of course, no facts here.
    CasualOfFilth likes this.
  9. Rhodz Augur

Well DBG keeps ignoring requests for a No-Box server and some people have taken things way too far at the cost of common civility. It is as predictable as they come. Sentiment of those coming from P99 is heavily against boxing period and it seems they are attempting to enforce their own attitude here. I hate boxing on a TLP too but not going to compromise my own character to make a point in game.
    Then again perhaps they have no real character to lose and so forget this is just a game..
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Sounds right. You have earned a reputation both here and on Phinny. Yes, the boxer hate is real, but the Atabishi hate is real, too. Grats on your infamy. ;)
  11. Toowang New Member

Yes he has. I fondly remember this guy taking his mage army to the newly opened Plane of Storms and killing the giants for the esoteric medallions. People were camping these for hours upon hours only to have this guy show up and kill...then charge KR for loot rights. He was/is known to do this on a regular basis.
  12. nostalgicfool Augur

Obviously such peoples should be banned, but i do not expect this to happen, he pays (or get others to pay) for 6 accounts that is quite some money ....
  13. Bandages Elder

What's even funnier is when someone trains a couple dozen mobs ontop of your boxes and feigns or gates. That's even more entertaining.
  14. daffie999 Augur

The adage "power corrupts" can apply to EQ.

If you control 6 mages yourself, having the option to "steal" a mob will increase the likely hood that you do.

One thing you will never see is a low level paladin whacking away trying to "steal" a camp.

If you are a good person AND a boxer, stay that way and enjoy the freedom from the corrupt!
  15. Piku Elder

Idk...is it really paranoia though?

People on this server have little to no respect for other players. Camps/rares constantly get stolen, charmed pets get dispelled, people get trained...it's not paranoia if it happens lol
  16. liveitup1216 Augur

[IMG]
  17. Malokhan Elder

I somewhat concur with the OP. I run a Enc + Wiz. I'm just under level 40, but with both of my toons camping things, I've seen a few pop up to consider contenting the spawn. They watch me nuke the pixels out of a PH, and then just leave. I never KS anyone who has a camp already. Even on random/roaming mobs like Kindle, I'll change picks or just do something else if someone is it.

edit: wow, 'turd nylons' is blocked, haha.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Actually had some anon guy send me a tell after I got trained at camp "How nice it must be to have GM friends".

Funny thing earlier in that day I told a monk player that a GM was in zone earlier because of some other shenanigans going on at some other camp and let him know that after another hour I'd be gone and there is no reason to make threats of a train he was more than welcome to dps race if he wanted. I would have recorded him but I guess after the invis GM saw that monk FD in my camp with the train behind him that guy needed to take a vacation.

6 days haven't seen him log on. So I'm guessing 7 to 14 days is how long he's taking a break for.
    Sad part is I wanted to test out that obs studio recording for just such an occasion. :D
  19. Malachi Augur

You been tracking this guys online status for 6 days?... *sigh*
  20. Rhodz Augur

Doesn't take long, what a few seconds or so to find an answer a lot of people would like to know.
    Spent longer for less I am betting.