The Agnarr Kill-Stealing Epidemic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Celestias, May 31, 2017.

1. Bfourd New Member

Just brain storming here. Would it be easy/cheap for DBG to set respawn time ranges for the high target mobs? 15-35 min respawn on named and place holders? It won't exactly cut down on the DPS race, but at least it stops people from parking their toons at camp, and logging in just before the spawn to KS the mob.
  2. Cuxor New Member

Get good Noobs!
  3. welly321 Elder

so edgy much wow
  4. Krezzy Augur

I like this idea a lot. In many cases, the mobs or ground spawns that are being fought over have respawn timers of several hours. Shortening the timer down to as little as three hours would remove a lot of the incentive for crappy behavior. These changes are trivial for DBG to make -- no coding changes required; simply change one value in a table.

DPS race policy also results in the community changing to some very non-classic behaviors. Mob rotations are unheard-of here. Simply taking turns on quest bottlenecks is very rare. Reinstating PNP may not be economically feasible for this server. If there is a way to do so, though, it'd help enormously.

Lastly, further server changes to discourage blatant box farming are needed. Disable /follow. Consider a new item tag ("IP LORE") that restricts looting such that only one such item may be looted per week for that IP address.
  5. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

If i recall correctly some raid targets do have a "Window" of time to respawn, and trakanon comes to mind for this. People just never logged out, its called p o o psocking. You want to put a variable window for something people will just sit there the whole time, which then forces you to sit there or lose the chance. I'd rather know the exact time and be able to use my time elsewhere until then and get the chance at dps racing instead of sitting there for what could be a 12 hour window.
  6. Poledo_EQ Elder

I must have gotten lucky, I bought a pair for 2.5k pp.
  7. Kahna Augur

Dude... I wrote that in June of last year.
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  8. Fohpo Augur

9. Poledo_EQ Elder

Heh, this was on the top of the threads, didn't even notice the date!
  10. Kattria Minx Augur

I can't wait until next month when all the Coirnav people come over to complain about this all over again.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

The ratio of new players:krono farmers is going to be wayyy lower on Coirnav, unfortunately for the new players.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

You misspelled "gud".
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

Nah, the might equals right crowd didn't care back then and don't care now. The only reason it didn't happen as much back then is because the GMs pimpslapped people back in the day. Now they don't.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yes but you can get suspended for dominating content so go ahead and report those 24 7 efreeti farmers.
  15. Hateseeker Augur

To extent we should listen to the devs, you have to keep in mind that if there's no KSing any more, it's because Daybreak has eliminated in-game service, therefore they declared everything a DPS race. Granted it was more fair to do that than randomly enforce it once every 2 months against the one person that got caught when they happened to show up, and in fact I advocated for it for that reason years ago. But at the same time, it's like redefining homelessness to say that anyone with a bridge to live under isn't homeless, therefore there's no homelessness. The problem didn't go away, you just re-defined it so that it doesn't appear to be one.

My problem is if that guy with 6 accounts (against your 3...or the guy who brings 9 to stop the guy with 6, and so on) is controlling them with 3rd party programs. If he's actually putting in the effort to tab between all and issue a command to each every time, that's, well, KSing is still KSing (under the legacy SOE definition), but at least they're working for it.
    Ronzark likes this.
  16. Darchias Augur

GM's have been reinstated, they just have a much smaller footprint and are usually there for helping things that DBG screwed up instead of things that players have done. Reporting people does still work, you know. People have been banned for training, recently even.
    Record your play if you suspect someone is going to train you. Hopefully your FPS is good enough to be a believable recording instead of looking faked/edited. Make sure the entire group /petitions. They will respond, they just don't have the personnel to respond to every report. Give it a shot.