The Agnarr Kill-Stealing Epidemic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Celestias, May 31, 2017.

1. TLP Addict Augur

Gate takes an Enchanter back to their bind point which could be anywhere, not the succor point, so going to call shenanigans on this.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  2. jeskola pheerie

a box druid/wiz
  3. TLP Addict Augur

Which would break charm would it not? The comment I quoted was in response to Enchanters charming mobs and gating, they can bind somewhere in the zone and gate and keep their pet, succor/evac will leave the pet behind so not a viable tactic for stealing named mobs.
  4. Punchu Augur

And that certainly happened sometimes. I definitely stole a ill omen VP gobbo from a chanter with a pumice stone at the succor point on Phinny.

edit: hint, Veksar is not active in Kunark. Buddis point stands though, if he's got a sneaky bind he's got a chance.
  5. Machentoo Augur

IE one of about 10000 points in lake of ill omens, as long as people aren't using showeq to see where he gated to last time.
    Punchu likes this.
  6. Punchu Augur

Pumice stone has shorter cast time than gate.
  7. Machentoo Augur

But not shorter cast time than instant gate potion, which, if we aren't using that, then this thread.
    Punchu likes this.
  8. Punchu Augur

Indeed, but come on now machen, not everyone is on their A game.
    Machentoo likes this.
  9. Machentoo Augur

You win. The enchanter that is not on his A game can be defeated with a pumice stone. (As can a lot of people on a hypothetical pvp server. And even more if they bring back the instant cast rechargeable dispel clickies from Cazic Thule!)
    Trevalon likes this.
  10. Deadshade Augur

Well in my experience KSers were always boxed groups .
    Allowing for some exceptions that I have not yet met, I'd say that 90% of KSers are boxed groups .
  11. Phantom Ghost Augur

Well in my experience haters were always one character players.

Allowing for some exceptions that I have not yet met, I'd say that 90% of haters play a single character.
  12. daffie999 Augur

Anyone in this thread that is calling out the OP for "whining" is not a person I ever want to meet. Ya, people often whine too much about things... this is a pretty clear case of people being rude and attempting to justify it with poor reasoning. Just be nice. It seriously isn't that hard and makes the world and EQ a better place.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Why doesn't said enchanter friend already have a pet?
  14. Hateseeker Augur

I didn't ask if they were boxed or not, I asked if they were using 3rd party coordination software. Players that are simply boxing are highly unlikely to KS, unless they are using 3rd party software. I would further say that if 90% of KSers are boxed groups, a further 90% of the 90% are using 3rd party software.

Boxing by itself is not the enemy, except to those players who are hardliners who think boxing shouldn't exist solely on the basis that boxers won't join the LFG pool.
  15. BearmanSW Elder

Ha, had no idea that was against their policy. Oh well.
  16. Trevalon Augur

haha, I used a combo of dispel clickies and the Wizard insta nuke rods to beat a ton of people on AJ.
  17. Fhiele Augur

Prime time.
  18. Risiko Augur

Efreeti has always been KSd on ever Everquest server ever made. There is nothing new here.

Even the /pick KS is not new. It's happened on ever TLP server that has had /pick implemented.

You should have known going in to this that it would happen, and trust me when I say it will continue to happen on Agnarr and every TLP server ever created in the future.

Why? Because Efreeti's item drops are the most lucrative items in Everquest Classic. Period. End of story. Seriously.

No offense. Just my 2 coppers.
  19. Rhodz Augur

20. Celestias Journeyman

No offense taken but your reasoning is a bit odd -- The fact its "always been like this" doesn't make it somehow OK...which is kind of the way you are coming across with your post.

This will continue to be a problem until addressed in some way by DB (the hands off approach is pretty lame and I hope they realize this)