The $30 bag

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thunndar, Jun 8, 2017.

1. andross77 Elder

Right, that's why i also put PEOPLE VALUE THINGS DIFFERENTLY very clearly in my rant. So obviously enough people VALUE the bag at $30 or more (btw it's "only" $27, not $30 since All Access members have a running 10% discount and you have to have All Access to play on Agnarr) which is buy DBG happily keeps it at that price. If they didn't have lots of buyers for it, they would lower it.

My rant also came from a place of "I hate whiners" and I realize my post was whining about whiners so i'm no better, but still, i hate whiners. And these forums are 90% whining but the bag thing just seems over the top since you don't need to buy it and also tons of people have bought it so it's obviously a legit price.

Rhodz likes this.
  2. Rhodz Augur

Meh whining is a very different matter than discussion and contention.
    The only reason any virtual product has any value at all is that people are willing to pay it as no resources go into it, that it seems excessive to many is understandable that it is priced at 2X the cost of a monthly sub and people still bite is kind of weird IMO.
    But hey whatever floats your boat your cash not mine. Yet the right to laugh still is in full force. :)
  3. Kronko Elder

i think there is more than 1 way around the only getting 1 bag per account. You have to use your imagination plus i don't feel like getting banned =)
  4. Rhodz Augur

Yet still $30 a bag or are we talking dups here?
  5. Kronko Elder

you still have to pay but after #claimgate i would not risk doing it
  6. Ashenor Lorekeeper

If you bought the second change bag prior to Agnarr launching you could claim it then buy the new TLP bag they put up and claim it also.
  7. Kronko Elder

i dont think that would be enforced but you never know. i remember when the latest expansion came out they said that bag would not be claimable on tlp servers but a lot of people have it. In that case you have people paying 80$ for a bag that bag money gotta be nice. They should just let you buy as many as you want but not my call =)
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Mabbu or someone like that showed a screen shot of his inventory with 8 of those bags or something ridiculous. It wasn't a secret then and I doubt it is now. Create and sub an account, buy a bag, character transfer to your main account, put bag in shared bank, log in main and pick up bag from bank. AKA, "How to turn a $30 bag into a $60 bag." Makes no sense to me.
  9. Kronko Elder

i said more than 1 way =) that is the obvious way
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

So you did. Now I'm curious but not so curious that I'll spend brain cycles trying to figure it out.
  11. C3lowz Augur

I have two of these bags currently. I ordered the "2nd chance" one before Agnarr's release, and kept it in /claim. And when Agnarr launched they re-re-re-released the 2nd chance bag again.

They always seem to offer a bag right on a new servers release. Then a 2nd chance bag later down the road.
  12. MabbuAgnarr Journeyman

I had 9 total at one point. That expansion collectors edition bag was claimable on Phinny and Agnarr as well![IMG]
  13. Green_Mage Augur

I paid the 30 bucks for the digital elf simulator bag. The bag helped me with trade skills and has made back its worth in Krono by many times.
  14. daffie999 Augur

The only reason I bought it is because Krono is not part of it.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You think people didn't sell krono on some site and buy some bags? :rolleyes:
  16. Rhodz Augur

But wait that would be against the EUL... oh yeah no it isn't.
    May have missed his point though.
  17. Cydonia Elder

10/10 for patronisation dude. The best part imo is that your really long drawn out patronising post is no more valid an opinion than any of the other opinions here.