The $30 bag

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thunndar, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Thunndar Journeyman

Do you get one per toon on the account or just one?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Just one.

The bag itself is an HEIRLOOM though which means you can put it in a shared bank slot and transfer it to a different character on the SAME ACCOUNT and SAME SERVER.
    Ishbu likes this.
  3. Leftharted Elder

Emphasis on once per server.

For example, if you claim it on Phinigel server, you will Never have it on Agnarr server. fyi.

Personally I find that ridiculous considering the price... Should be one per server.. or a more reasonable fee.

Just my opinion.. I'll still keep playing, for other reasons... But I think them bags are absurd.
    Bailen likes this.
  4. Thunndar Journeyman

Thanks for the information. Yes, I think for that price you should be able yo claim one for every character on your account.
  5. c313 Augur

1 bag PER account is fine as it is. Its a Heirloom so you can putt it in the Shared Bank and use it on another character if you decide to switch toons.

And "currently" the bag's price is a steal. It costs 5kp for a Tinkers bag that is 100% WR 10 slots, so with 40 slots you're looking at 20kp. And with Kronos being 1-1.5k on Agnarr, that's a lot of damn Kronos for the 40 slot bag, so 30$ (27 if you're a member already) is a steal.

I know the bag is not tradable so me using Kronos as an example is kinda odd, but just saying. I like it!
  6. Rhodz Augur

Heck for that they should mail you a tote bag to boot.

That is almost the price of two ounces of real silver, just to put it in perspective.
  7. jeskola pheerie

That bag better be Chanel or Hermes
    Amoeba likes this.
  8. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I've dreamt of a cross server heirloom bank for years :(
  9. Rhodz Augur

Knock-off
  10. Bigerma New Member

I bought one on Phinny and I know I can't claim that one Agnar. If I really wanted one on Agnar can I buy another one from the DB store and claim it on Agnar?
  11. Amoeba Augur

I am very tempted to get the bag... between an Erudite Paladin and a Mage, I ain't sporting good strength.
  12. Leftharted Elder

Yes, if you pay 30 again, you can claim it on Agnarr, once.
  13. Beggly Augur

Thanks for posting this. It makes up my mind for me....I won't be purchasing this bag any time soon. There are so many other things to do with my cash. But there is one thing I would like to add to the pot, it would cost a lot more to get the smaller 8 slot bags or 10 slot bags for the progression servers. I'd get the one 40 slot bag for a monk and have done with it, or alternately, putting it in my shared bank slot. At $30 it's better than spending $40 to $50 for enough of the smaller bags that do not have the large weight reduction on them. You know, that station cash you pay for them does cost real world money, and that makes this a better deal, don't you know? LOL.
  14. Leftharted Elder

Yea, but you get station cash for your membership, too.. Which could be spent on various things, but if you're like me and don't care too much for the majority of it, then you save/reserve enough points over time to buy bags..

To add, my point is that I find it ludicrous to only be claim-able once per 30$ spent. For that price, and considering you Cannot use station cash, I feel it Should be redeemable once per server... Or at least use station cash to transfer the bag..
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Would be nice if I could spend krono to buy these bags.
  16. andross77 Elder

Do you guys understand how ridiculous and foolish it is for you to complain about the price of this bag and think your opinion means anything? There are PLENTY of people in the world that think you spending $15/mo (or whatever amount you pay and even if you use "free krono" you could have sold the krono and used the money on groceries so you are STILL PAYING to play on Agnarr) is a foolish waste of money and that money could be used best elsewhere.

YET you still decided that money was worth the experience. Now stay with me here for a second. This is the really important, yet tricky part.....There are OTHER people in this world with MORE money than you have, that find enjoyment in DIFFERENT ways than you do in this life, that believe buying this bag for this price is a GREAT use of money.

Wait, wait, wait. Did I lose any of you somewhere? I keep seeing these comments pop up in the forums and I think I must of lost you guys. I'm not sure where because it's a REALLY SIMPLE concept: DIFFERENT people have DIFFERENT amounts of disposable cash and have DIFFERENT interests and pleasures in life with DIFFERENT budgets and DIFFERENT ideas of what is a good value and what is not.

Can we all just agree your posts are all pointless? I could go on Ferrari forums and tell everyone that buying a $300k car is not a good value and a waste of money. What do you think that would accomplish? What do you think $300k is to someone worth $500b? It's the same as when you decide to buy a Whopper instead of make a bologna and cheese sandwich. It's not a big deal.

So I will end this rant not buy saying "get a job" (which probably is super applicable to most of you) but to say "not everyone values every item in this world the same and THAT'S OK." Take a deep breath and just accept that fact. If we could all do that we could get rid of thousands of ridiculously pointless posts that could just be summed up with "we value things differently."

GREAT! WE ALL KNOW THAT!

fyi, I hate stupid people.

/endrant
  17. Ashenor Lorekeeper

Honestly bag is a great value, especially if you are leveling using exp pots.

It works out to a bit over 18 bucks when you factor in the 3 exp pots.

For $18 the quality of life is amazing having it. I have 2 on my necro.
  18. Rhodz Augur

Now take a deep breath and follow your own advice.
    andross77 likes this.
  19. andross77 Elder

It's true. The number of posts on the value of the bag just got to me and I snapped :) I feel much better now :) Good advice hehe
  20. Leftharted Elder

Dayum Andross.

Well, I'm not going to assume anything like you have done, given this is an anonymous nerd forum.. But, I'd like to confirm that unbeknownst to you, most of us have plenty of disposable income to justify 30$ on a hobby if we really cared to.. And STILL think the bag is overpriced and should be per server...

Fyi, I hate people who think they can judge intelligence from text; key alone in relation to our old Elf simulator...

Also, by definition of the word Forum, if someone, even slightly, "values things differently" it warrants another discussion of the same subject..

I can easily afford the bag if I wanted. But I STILL think is overpriced. And, I'll still happily play the game, despite my opinion...