The 14th Anniversary Party has Begun!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Piestro Augur

[IMG]

With the official date of the EverQuest Anniversary (March 16) falling on a weekend this year, we decided to start a day early!

Here’s what we’ve got in store:

14th Anniversary - New Missions!

[IMG]

Beginning today, players will be able to dive into anniversary content, including five player-created missions that were designed during last year’s SOE Live. Additionally, players who have completed epic weapon quests will also have the chance to experience new epic ornamentation quests, which reward Norrathians with ornamentation versions of epic weapons. These quests are a permanent addition to the game. And of course all our previous Anniversary Content will be available too!

[IMG]

Some fun facts for our 14th Anniversary:
    • There are nearly as many NPCs in EverQuest as there are people in Tampa, Florida: The total population of Norrathian NPCs is well over 344,935!
    • The oldest characters are more than twice the age of the oldest person to have lived: A day in EQ is 72 minutes; that said, a character that was created when the game launched on March 16, 1999, is 280 years old this year.
    Click here for full details on the Anniversary.

Don’t forget about the upcoming game update: Shadow of Fear

[IMG]

Remember the Producer’s Letter last month? We wanted to share a little more about the upcoming Game Update: Shadow of Fear that Phathom mentioned. The update will feature two additional zones, including even more challenging raid content, spells, and all new AA. If you were accepted into the Rain of Fear beta last year, keep an eye out for an invite to test Shadow of Fear in late March.
    The new zones included in Shadow of Fear continue the story line from Rain of Fear, and include:

[IMG]

• Plane of Shadow – When Cazic's essence erupted from Norrath, a fear shard pierced the temple of Vex Thal and entered the portal to Luclin’s home, the realm of twilight.
    [IMG]

• Chelsith Reborn – This shadowy version of Chelsith, the great seaside Shissar city, is built with power harnessed from a fallen shard.
    Now get out there and enjoy that Double XP!
  2. Tegila Augur

did you turn that dbl xp on yet? still not on afaik
  3. GreenThumb New Member

What double XP? Their is no double XP going on...
  4. Piestro Augur

Double XP will be turned on by about Noon Pacific.
  5. Tegila Augur

bah so we gotta listen to ppl ask for the next 3+ hours? they been doing so for 9 already heh
  6. GreenThumb New Member

Shouldn't it have been turned on at Midnight pacific? Cause that would have been start of Friday. I'm on east coast so to me that's like only 8 hours out of 24 that double XP will be on today. Pretty disappointing after taking a day off work for this to only find out it's not even being turned on until I would have been home from work anyway. Maybe next time post the times of when Double XP will be on?
  7. Dragari Journeyman

Disappointing for us Euro Players that its Noon Pacific as well :( Thats like 7pm here, most of the day gone.
  8. Tegila Augur

while i agree with you guys, i gotta say you're nitpicking, this isnt just ddbl xp, there are ton of toher things to do on yoru day off like epic ornaments , new and old fables nad anniversary events, etc
  9. Rylaar2000 Elder

So is the Plane of Shadow a shadow version of Vex Thal? If true that would be exciting! I have always wanted to revist that place! =)
  10. SpamFactory Augur

looks like a brand new zone and not just an update of VT. they showed some screenshots in the webcast last night.
  11. Piestro Augur

The Double XP has been activated by the way. :)
  12. LyonheartEQ New Member

Is it just for EQ1? or EQ2 as well?
  13. Piestro Augur

Just EQ.
  14. Pirlo Augur

Players made them bro

/duck
  15. Angry Lizard New Member

So when are you turning double xp off?
  16. ugree1 New Member

Hi,
    any chance that you can increase the spawn rate of flamesuits? there are maybe 1 or 2 every several pops and the drop rate of flame igniters is half that. it is easier to get a capacitor then to get an igniter and you need a lot of them.

thanks.
  17. smash Augur

Why are there no anniv raid ?
  18. Riou EQResource

Raids take a lot longer to make and they are probably busy on Shadows of Fear
  19. matthewsmc New Member

So where is this located, in what zone and which NPC ?
  20. Riou EQResource