The 1 month unlock makes sense because....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shakara, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Ceffener Augur

Seems amusing to try and describe “hardcore” as anyone who doesn’t just randomly log in the game and have no purpose or direction.

You guys want to put the bar on “hardcore” so low that 99% of the population fits it. Have a goal? Your hardcore, your hardcore, everybodies hardcore. . Lol.

The people setting up discord’s/websites, recruiting their guild members, planning out their gear, making spreadsheets, taking off work, leveling to max before sleeping, completing raid tiers within hours, every single night until they defeat bosses, etc. The people who eat, sleep, and breath EQ.

Those are the real hardcore. The ones who normal players think “Wow, it’s just a game guys”.

Rest of us are just filthy casuals.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  2. Sethiroth Augur

No, I understand that, but while someone who plays 12 hours a day CAN be described as casual depending on what they are doing with that time. (don’t think I’ve ever met or talked to anyone like this though tbh) but someone who only plays 8 hours a week but only on raids is NOT hardcore, they are a casual raider.
  3. Sethiroth Augur

Pantheon already has all the funds it needs. It’s still in pre alpha and will probably go into alpha sometime this year, that still means it’s got all alpha testing to do then all bets testing. It will be very lucky to come out in 2020, but we can always hope, though I’m definately not holding my breath.
  4. Evade Augur

Hardcore players can have a hardcore server and I hope Daybreak gives them the perfect hardcore one. With that said, I just don't understand why hardcore players are so intent on making sure Casuals don't have a server that appeals to them. What is it? Is it some weird ego thing where they really just want the best gear so you can show it off to casual players in order to make themselves feel better about themselves? Without casual players to ohhhh and ahhhh over them, do they feel less of a man?

I wonder if they know if Daybreak gives casual a server that appeals to them, the hardcore server will be pretty much devoid of players since hardcore players represent a fraction of actual players.

You watch, Daybreak will fix mangler to appeal to casuals and all of a sudden all these hardcore guilds that were planning to roll on Selo, will suddenly switch to the casual server.
  5. Undustas Lorekeeper

Thank god i paid the 250 to be apart of alpha and beta...see pantheon comes out this year for me!
    Jadefox likes this.
  6. Sethiroth Augur

and that's how you read a post, but have its meaning go straiiiight over your head.

lemme put it in simpler terms so you can understand:

we're going off definitions here, so if there is a definition of hardcore, and a definition of casual:

WHERE DO THE PEOPLE WHO DONT FIT INTO THOSE DEFINITIONS STAND?

because these guys ^^^ constitute easily 80% of server populations.

therefore casual and hardcore are words used to represent different ends of a spectrum and are not absolutes in their own right.
  7. Sethiroth Augur

if you like testing games for bugs while on limited play schedules, more power to you.
    though without a lot of people like you, the game wouldn't be happening so thank you.
  8. ShivanAngel Augur

Right?!

Im hoping the ALPHA starts in 2019, full release maybe late 2020 or 2021
  9. yerm Augur

They go to Mangler. The hardcore server. After it's fixed to not suck.
  10. Sethiroth Augur

Or selos. The casual server. After it’s fixed to not suck.

PS. Well done on missing the point on yet another post. This must be like a hobby to you
  11. yerm Augur

It is actually. One of my favorite hobbies.

They are releasing a luclin start + fast paced server, and a classic start + slow paced server. Then everyone who wants classic starts and/or slow pace so they can do a million ambitious things argue that the server literally named for moving super fast should be slowed down, while the one that nobody has even laid claim to really and is WIDE OPEN for suggestions to tailor it to a different playstyle... should just be left to die?

Yeah, clearly I'm the confused one.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Sethiroth Augur

Rofl. Who cares what the server is called? The only thing that needs to be fast on a server catering for casual players is the exp.
  13. Zinkeh Augur

Yup. Always fall behind. Keys, flags, make it worse.
  14. Hdizzle Augur

Selo is only hardcore if you want to stay ahead of the pace of unlocks. Its very casual in every other conceivable fashion. Its also not kind to the guilds (I would argue the highest segment of the player base is this way) who want to raid in era, but slowly. Meaning they don't want to be rushed.

1 month unlocks are not going to lure casuals.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. ShivanAngel Augur

https://phinnyprogress.com/

Look at all of the guilds clearing content in that first month, Now look at all the guilds that cleared the content in the first week.

It isnt a small number. one month is completely acceptable. You may not be able to raid it 18 times to get every piece of loot you want, but its not like once the next expansion rolls around its no longer available.

On other TLP's I was still using ToV loot in PLANE OF TIME, Even after raiding plane of time for the 20th time I was still using vex thal loot. the gear doesnt become obsolete the second you set foot in the starting zone of the next expansion like some would make you want to believe.

With faster timers, you will also be able to raid those zones twice as often, so there will still be plenty of phat lotos.
    Crayon123, Yinla and code-zero like this.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Why don't they just make Selos 1 day unlock schedule so after a month it's caught up.

If that sounds stupid, it's because it's the same idea you are feeding to casuals that 1 month unlocks are great for them. Enjoy the server I don't know a single casual person that's going to play Selos.
  17. ShivanAngel Augur

the super casual 5 hour a week crowd probably wont, but plenty of people that consider themselves casual will...

Honestly the super casual group not playing on this server wont matter to 97% of the playerbase, as they dont contribute any meaningful population to the server when it comes to the goals of 90% of the server. So claiming it will be a dead server cause no casuals will play in it is lol worthy. Sounds really harsh, but its the truth.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Try to re-read my post. Never said selos' would be a dead server. I simply said I don't know a single casual player that will play on that server. Which is roughly only 14 people in my circle + whatever they box.

Good luck on that server I'm hoping they change mangler to be a casual server if not no worries I just won't re-sub pretty simple choice.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  19. Lateryn Augur

I mean if you haven't gotten a an epic in all the TLPs over time, including the ones that were 6months unlocks(sometimes more because of voting), it's you. You will probably never get one.
  20. Lateryn Augur

And it was 2018, then 2019 just a few years ago. Brad couldn't release a hotdog stand on time or in good shape.