That program is now allowing Phinigel?! DBG?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jul 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eqmule New Member

1. There are no automatic combat abilities. (Scroll up)
    2. I'm not against making /stick only work out of combat.
    3. As I said, this is still new to us, I'm taking user feedback seriously and if some feature is giving an unfair advantage, I'm very much in favor of changing it if its within reason to do so.

And about an add on system for eq, there is one that already have an open API as well as an established community and plenty of users that use its script engine every day, (yeah it's not Python, but still...) and it has been working well for the last 13 years I see no good reason to spend resources and marketing on reinventing the wheel, better option would be to embrace that community and cooperate and I feel that its something that could happen down the line.
    Time will tell.
  2. Risiko Augur

Anytime you can click a key on one computer and it makes something happen in another computer IS against the Truebox rules of Phinigel. Example, target a mob, use item, cast spell, /stick.

Amazing how DBG is allowing you to make a complete mockery of them and threre rules.
  3. sihpa Augur

Man this pisses me off. I was pretty certain months ago that you guys couldnt restrain yourselves so didnt bother to start over on phinny though I checked in on the forums from time to time hoping to be wrong.

Finally last week I figured id waited long enough and that you guys would have pulled the trigger by then if you were going to so I resubbed. Now I see we've stepped back on the slippery slope. Its just a few features blah blah. If I hadnt done the little bit that I had then there'd have been a full blown version blah blah.

Straight up addicts who dont care who or what you hurt as long as you get your short term fix.

Such a shame.
  4. Adonhiram Augur

Does it allow you to box 2+ accounts on the same computer on Phinny/Quarm ?
  5. Frenzic Augur

It's a cheat program- Period

This watered down version that they are trying to spin as "addons" is still cheating.

Things you can do with this version that a regular honest player cannot-

• Have your melee assist, attack, use relevant skills, stick in melee range
    • Stick (better follow) to players and npcs that are not in your group and from any distance
    • Use a command prompt to send commands to boxed characters (Any command you could normally type, meaning you can completely control them via commands)
    • Auto accept group invites, trades, raid invites ect.

This is a huge step in the direction of automation. This is not simply addons that add already available information to your screen IE interface. This is a cheating program that allows the user to do things a regular user cannot.
    Tudadar, Lithien and Risiko like this.
  6. Blart Lorekeeper

That player accepted a rez without actually clicking accept, she's ruining my experience! dbg ban her!
  7. Damion New Member

I love it :)

They dug their own grave and dont even know it. Aint no way a corporation can accept that infringement given that it was so publically announced to be free of stuff like that.

I foresee some cease and desist letters going out of the DBG offices shortly.
  8. MabbuPhinny Augur

Eqmule,

The biggest issue I see here is that people will easily control multiple characters from the same single PC mouse/keyboard once again. Until this is available to everyone legitimately, it should be available to no one.

Be honest now, where is the pressure coming from for you to make this available for the Truebox code? You're donors? Bugs? Red? Who is losing money that you needed to "compromise" with to release this limited version?

I'm sure subs have been way down since the launch of Phinny. I know I let mine lapse on both. But why can't we just be honest and say that you're doing this, not because you feel personally that this is not cheating,but because someone's bank account was looking a little light?

I personally don't care either way what happens with this. I just think you should be honest with the public now why you're coming forward out of the blue. I mean its hard to say out of the blue even, when obviously this has been in development and in the works over the last several months prior to this announcement.

Was this a case of "If I don't innovate, someone else will?":

[IMG]
    Tudadar likes this.
  9. nestharus Journeyman

I think that this is fairly simple.

MQ2Melee automates a character's movement to keep them in range of their target. This is clearly in violation. It doesn't matter if the automation has an on/off switch, it is still doing its thing.

EQBC is similar to lsboxer. lsboxer is not allowed, therefore EQBC should not be allowed.

Stick is like autofollow, but less prone to failure. This means that a player using autofollow will be at a disadvantage to a player using stick, albeit a small one. Can't find much fault in this one, but in technicality, it still automates movement in a way that is less dangerous than the standard auto-follow, so it shouldn't be allowed.

You can't really defend those things...

With EQBC and Melee, a player will be able to box 6 melee characters. Without them, a player will find it extremely difficult to box even 2 melee characters. EQBC and Melee are more hardcore than lsboxer because of the Melee plugin.

I believe a compromise was already made by allowing players to box using multiple computers. This alone is enough to make some people grumble, like myself. This program would easily enable someone to 6-box a pet/melee party with little to no effort. That is a very big no no. Notice I included melee there. lsboxer atleast only let people easily 6-box pet classes.

Here are the plugins I don't think are ok.

AdvPath - automated movement
    Cast - automated casting
    EQBC - commmands from a single master machine
    Hud - displays information that can't be looked up (level of mob for example, which can have a range)
    Melee - automated melee, coupled with MoveUtils for complete stay within range
    MoveUtils - support automated movement

The others, like ItemDisplay, show either information that you could otherwise look up, allow you to do trivial tasks (like auto accept rez), or do things that the game already does (bazaar search???). I don't think that Bazaar Search should be allowed until the game supports searching the bazaar out of zone (whichever expansion that was).

Or we can just keep things simple and say that this is not ok at all : ).
    Lithien and Tudadar like this.
  10. frankie78227 Augur

11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Nice too see the premise of an addon that is suppose to have zero advantage guarded by a paywall to access this so called program with no advantages....
  12. Ethereal Augur

I like how all of your assumptions indicate he did this for phini. I mean, it was released right after Quarm launched. I'd guess it was more for that server, and releasing it for that server probably meant it would get used on phini now too.
  13. Tudadar Augur

This attack definately puts question marks towards DBGs future progression servers. With so much money on the line you guys really need to take serious action. Since the start of phinny a lot of people just wont deal with this anymore.

They definately dont seem scared of DBG anymore.
  14. Ethereal Augur

Also, I'd wager to guess that 80% of whatever EQmule happens to get comes from people who don't even play on TLPs. People on TLP servers act like they're the only server. Go run around on live servers, you'll see armies of boxes there too.

There is a dude on my server who boxes like 100 characters, and I can almost guarantee each of those accounts got subbed at least once. Most of them probably got expansion unlocks, most of them probably paid a little bit on the store for mounts or clickie items.
  15. Tudadar Augur

All truebox servers are the same. Its not supposed to be used with 3rd party. Hopefully people dont think they made truebox so everyone can run out and get 6-24 cheap computers and automate them.
    Phin was not a one of a kind server. Servers are either truebox or they arent right now.

It seems like they threw a hissy fit when quarm was announced to be truebox also and saw the future of their program up in the air as future truebox servers are a sure thing (just like box servers)
  16. Laronk Augur

Cease and desist what, it doesn't work when wow does it its not going to work when DBG does it. Daybreak can see who does things and they could go ban tons and tons of accounts, they really only care if you're doing the AFK automation thing and that's because when you afk automate you take content from other players.
  17. Ethereal Augur

You act like the 20 or so phini players who come on this forum to represent the entire voice of your server. News flash btw, most people went to phini because of raid instancing. Most people didn't give two @#$&s about boxing. The same people crying today are the same people who cried before phini was made. Go figure.
  18. Tudadar Augur

Your wrong. Its not just raid instances or because they were against mass boxing or third party software. Each case varies but a lot of people fit in all three categories.

You can go back to supporting macq now
  19. Sterilize Journeyman

Well when they buy that compile, and go around broadcasting spell casts at the same time, dont be surprised when someone records you, reports you and you get suspended. Recording works for trains and it works for broadcasting too.

@ ethereal- Boxing 100 characters on another server isnt even related to this. There are already non truebox compiles that the guy most likely is using, and was using before this version was released, so I'm not sure what you're getting at by talking about some guy boxing 100 accounts on a server where you are allowed to broadcast/box more than one char on a single computer.

It seems to me that if eqmule is caving, then TLP must be making a decent impact on redbot or mmobug's subscriptions cause who else would be pressuring him if it wasn't income related? Therefore yes TLP's population is more valuable than you think.

Not sure why someone would hissy fit over quarm, the exp is hella fast and you have 3 months to at least do group trials and get your reward.

I'm also surprised, when it comes to velious opening early or an unnamed guild waking sleeper early, RadarX is johnny on the spot with thread deleting and closing, but here we have this wonderful thread advertising where to get a working copy of M Q 2 for phinigel and he is no where to be found.
  20. Tudadar Augur

Just that its another true box server (2 in a row) and not a 1 time thing (Phin) The future also seems to lean towards most ( but not all ) new servers being truebox. Them not being able to profit off of new progression servers hurts business.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.