Thanks DB EQ team!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Paralyze Journeyman

Had no idea that major back-end changes were going on, this changes my perspective on today completely. That kind of information should be written in big bold red on the patch notes! Honestly even if the only noticeable thing for players is just mobs not warping when they path over trees and hills, I'd be ecstatic. (Or if these upgrades allow improvements like that... I have no idea what all it entails I'm just grateful!)
  2. svann Augur

long day for the DB team. going on 16 hours now?
  3. yosco Augur

I'll give them credit when they work 36 of 48 hours like we do at sea.
  4. kizant Augur

The funny thing about bad developers is the more time you give them the worse they make things. Doubly so when they're overworked and tired. It should be interesting to see what's broken now.
  5. Turinbar Augur

Lol the white knighting here is epic.
    Moedean likes this.
  6. Aldryn Another New Member

They really, really need to nail this so that it doesn’t happen tomorrow. Not because I’m going to cancel my 417 gold accounts or make a post expressing how done I am, but because I didn’t have an excuse to avoid going for a run with the girl tonight, and... just... dear god, please, that cannot happen two days in a row. Please get this right, DBG, please. I’m begging you. Help.
  7. toxicsmell Journeyman

my thoughts exactly. instead of everyone complaining here, why dont we take this time to try and recruit some more players to the test server.

with more testers we could catch more bugs and report them and get them fixxed before they ever reach live.

so if your complaining here do a /testcopy when servers come back and do some good for the game instead of complaining to people who have been up for many many hours working on a computer issue of a game that has almost 2 decades worth of code in it.

daybreak take your time. infact leave the servers down another day to teach these guys a lesson
  8. Herf Augur

Dude if you have MIT grads who make EQ look like a well run software project, well this world is just screwed if that's true. Though you could just work at Google, the place which doesn't actually ship anything that's product quality, just lots of experiments.
  9. Leigo You come here often?

I think they're doing great.. but I tried to get on test while they were patching live and the launchpad wouldn't let me. Be a lot easier if the test/live setting always showed