Thank you

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Silverstone, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Maedhros High King

If this is your assessment I think you have a pretty big problem. You can not use Deflection or Shield Flash with your 2 hander out.
    Your OP says you pull 4 mobs with 2 hander out. And now you think the fix to Deflection will solve the problem. soo..
    Also if you pull 4 mobs, you arent going to be 1 rounded, you're 4 rounded.
    EW mobs probably hit for what, 50k max triples? A theoretical max round would be 150k, but you pulled 4 so thats 600k theoretical max rounds total. You stated you have like 340k hp.
    Turn based games like EQ are really just math.
    Those 4 mobs arent always going to hit you for max rounds of triples, and you're going to have misses, dodges, parrys and ripostes in there, but sometimes they are just going to whack you. It happens. The way you avoid that is by pulling with 1hander and shield and some kind of decent disc running. Let them all get slowed by your belt or use Protest for Honor line to slow, then swap to 2hander and clean up.
    Ozon, Skuz and Cadira like this.
  2. Silverstone Journeyman

For those not enlightened with wisdom, let me explain.

What it means is riposte on mobs was broken. My assumption is not just against shields but all defensive abilities. Now I still have to want to log in try it out.

Do you honestly think after 20 years of playing I would quit after one bad round. I tested this with shield and my two hander out, to the same ends.

Let’s use wisdom one more time here kids. Nothing changed, same mobs, spot, buffs, group, gold status. And more aa’s then two years ago, 200 from having everything purchased. Eastern Wastes

I helped level guild members and people from general chat there through the years. It does not matter what you believe, my friends seen me do it many times.

I don’t record my gaming I am a casual player, I don’t live EQ anymore. I don’t parse anymore, I don’t live to raid anymore.

But let’s be children and continue to be rude…or we can actually be adults… but that does not fit in anymore these days
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I think Maedhros has at least 5 wisdoms. Quite possibly 6 or 7.
    Nah, your OP plainly states that you pulled at least FOUR TIMES before deciding to quit after 20 years. That's four times as many pulls!
    Maedhros likes this.
  4. Randomized Augur

Not all defensive abilities were affected. Just what would have stopped strikethrough, wasn't. There wasn't a change to AoI, or Mantle, or Armor of Sincerity, etc etc.

So since you're not enlightened with wisdom, let me explain.

The only hits that would come through Deflection is a Strikethrough from the mob off of one of your Ripostes. So that does not mean every swing is getting through. Just a strikethrough from your Riposte, no normal swings. If you could:

Without using defensives (since you could walk away), then that bug wouldn't affect you in the least. So again, if you couldn't survive before without using Deflection or Shield Flash, this will not change anything for you.
  5. Ozon Augur

As many have said, you provide little information but a lot of nothing important. But since I am a sucker, here are some possible explanations:

You got summoned to the middle of the pack, and one of the mobs hit you from behind for full damage, Those mobs have a large hitbox, so possible.

A random mob roamed by and ate you.

A random named ate you

A random named PH that was just a bit higher than normal trash ate you.

You logged in the wrong toon.

Your merc was being a merc

The RNG hates you.

You got hit with Restless Ice and didn't notice it, or cure it.
  6. Lubianx Augur

You also said you were in EW, but didn't mention where in EW.

If you were in or near the orc fort it's possible that someone was doing "You Can't Come Back Home Quest" and spawned Restless Ry'Gorr. This mob hits harder that anything else in the zone, even named, and has a hell of a lot more HP.
  7. Elemental Augur

I also noticed a significant change after the last patch
    Had raids same day and tanking trash mobs was more challenging than before. Its pretty significant.