Thank you

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Silverstone, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Silverstone Journeyman

Been playing a Paladin for over 20 years here. Thanks to the latest nerf/bug I am done.

I log into the same spot now for 2 years, same gear/buffs/group. In eastern wastes I can tank 3 very easy with no chance of death with my 2 hander out. My shield out I could walk away and come back to them dead. I am in two-year-old gear, a casual player that just logs on for fun/lesson and to talk with friends.

Tonight:
    I pull 4 mobs have two hander out and am 1 rounded. I pull 4 have shield out, I am one rounded. I pull 1 mob, same damage nothing changed. I pull 2 mobs, now I have to watch because of the high hits with my 2 hander.

Are the new owners purposely trying to kill the game we all enjoy?

Thank you for killing a casual players fun and killing the game for me. On to the next game.
  2. Cadira Augur

3. Nennius Curmudgeon

You're welcome!!!

Was your merc. on passive by chance?
  4. Poppinfresh Elder

Before you make an *** of yourself on the forums (whoops, too late for that), maybe check to see if your subscription ran out and your prestige gear purpled out?
    Annastasya, Shindius and Szilent like this.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What's your AC/HP? How hard were the mobs hitting? As mentioned above, make sure your subscription didn't run out and render a bunch of your gear useless. As is, you've provided absolutely no info that anyone could use to verify whether this is a nerf, a bug, random bad luck on combat rounds, or user error. If you just wanna quit that's fine too, but you'd need to provide a more detailed explanation of the situation to get any real feedback.
  6. Silverstone Journeyman

2 years of playing the the same spot in eastern wastes. Same gear, same buffs, same crew. First 2 times I died,1 maxed out gear/AA cleric merc on reactive. He was healing fine against one mob. The third time I got one rounded I had 2 mercs on reactive. Never needed 2 mercs there. In two years of killing the same enemies, I think you know a bad nerf when it happens. I logged in mainly for talking with friends and to burn a lesson.

Did the same thing for two years, never died in that time. I could walk away with 1 cleric and 3 mobs on me with my two hander out and come back with the mobs dead. 51 or 52,000 AAs

20 years of playing, this is by far the worst nerf ever. Been through alot off nerfs in this game, but this one is too much.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Somehow you managed to avoid answering any of the direct questions asked about your situation, and just simply restated the same thing you said in the OP. Well done!
  8. Randomized Augur

Was there a nerf in the last couple days that I’m unaware of?

He’s been logging in and out, which means even with a nerf, nothing should have hit that hard to one round him. Only thing that could have changed that would be like everyone else suggesting, a major drop in HP/AC.

Gonna have to second what everyone else was hinting at, and that he went from All Access to silver and didn’t catch it
    Shindius likes this.
  9. Waitwhat Elder

So, did you have All Access this time? If not, gear would not give you stats.
  10. Tucoh Augur

No. And based on his demonstrated reading comprehension in his answers I also won't rule out that he logged in the wrong character and didn't notice.
    Fenthen, Shindius and Randomized like this.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Moloing 3 mobs at the same time, is that normal for paladins? :eek:
  12. Randomized Augur

I do it in GD on my Paladin just fine :) although it's slow and boring and I usually bring the full 3 box team. But the Paladin holds up just fine with all his self heals and procs (I run sword and board if I'm dealing with more than 1 mob at at time though. Augs/AA's are a bit lacking).

But yeah, totally doable
    Jumbur likes this.
  13. Silverstone Journeyman

340k hps, no I am still gold till next March, but cancelled. Same buffs/ gear as I stated before. Only thing that changed is the patch, nothing I do/have. To kill damage is one thing but to kill tanking ability is another.

Is rude the new normal and cool? Or should I say kewl
    Makes me realize I don’t fit in with people nowadays, I will never be rude just because.
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What specifically do you think changed with "the patch?" How hard are the mobs hitting? How does that compare to how hard they were hitting the last time you tried them? Did you try any other locations to see if "the patch" just affected these specific mobs? The reason you're getting somewhat rude answers is that you're providing none of the pertinent details to actually provide you with any answers, even when people directly ask you for those details. Again, if you just wanna quit that's fine, nobody really cares. But if you want assistance from these forums in diagnosing exactly what changed (if anything) and how to proceed, you just simply need to provide more detailed information than "patch nerfed me, quitting bye."
    Ozon, Shindius and Randomized like this.
  15. Szilent Augur

No one's being rude-just-because. We're all tanks and none of us have experienced the phenomenon you described with the bare skeleton of an anecdote. We can sympathize that you had a rough night, but more information is required if you want any sort of backup.
  16. Randomized Augur

As mentioned, no one is being "rude just because".

You came here and stated a problem and gave no details. We asked direct questions to further help you with your dilemma. You avoided every direct question and just repeated the exact same thing you had stated in your OP. So if you're not going to give us any information, then we're just going to throwing around very viable and plausible ideas. They are not directed at you as a person, or you skill in the game. They are shots in the dark since you refuse to shine any light on your situation.

The only thing that has happened in a recent patch to Paladins (and other tanks) is a Riposte change where you no longer get a Riposte swing + a free swing. It was a DPS nerf, which indirectly could be considered a survival nerf. But nothing that would explain what's happening to you.

Did you lose all your buffs since the last time you logged in and played your Paladin? WHEN was the last time you played the Paladin? Did your disc not fire? Did you forget to turn off stances with your 2hander? etc etc. Nothing with game mechanics changed recently that would cause what you're explaining to happen.

Not being rude, but this is an operator error somewhere.
    Ozon, Fenthen and Shindius like this.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

I haven't noticed any changes to my paladin. I even ran through ToV progression + Rallos earring quests + full ToV hunters on a FTP paladin (with FTP healing, FTP bard, FTP melee DPS) just for the giggles.
  18. Ozon Augur

I am not a Pally (SK here, yes we are really strong its a thing), but yeah 3-4 mobs in GD Molo is pretty normal.

For reference I am fully CoV nugget raid geared, max aa, Merc is not max roughly 70%. Standard stuff 2.0, BP clicks, etc etc. I am not the most skilled SK, but I would say a solid 8/10, its usually not an issue as long as I am paying attention, with 2.0 click I can relax, w/o if I don't have Mortal Coil, or BP click running, getting 1 rounded is possible (depending on mobs). But it is unusual, for the most part I have a round or 2 leeway before I have to really worry. I could improve it by blocking crap HoTs, switching to 1h/Shield, popping a disc, etc. Frankly I am a bit lazy at times.

TLDR: 2-3 mobs molo should be non issue for any knight with t3 CoV gear in GD. 3-5mobs in raid gear, if paying attention, if they go all out, pop some discs, turtle up, and want to a stupid number of mobs is totally possible.
    Jumbur likes this.
  19. Silverstone Journeyman

Interesting patch note from November 17th, “ - Corrected an issue where NPCs could strike through a riposte even under the effects of a 100% avoidance discipline, such as Deflection or Deftdance.”

Might have to log on and try and see if that fixed it.
    StinkyVetWarrior likes this.
  20. Randomized Augur

Yes and no - it sucked when it was broken and I avoided my tanks for the first day or two when it was that way, but if you can't survive without Deflection and Shield Block, then this won't change anything either.

It helps, but it doesn't fix the problem you described.
    Tucoh likes this.