"Thank you for your time everyone." - DBG

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tofu stir fry, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tofu stir fry Augur

i may get a slap on the wrist for this, but really?

everytime a valid point is made or a valid question is asked, a thread is locked down either due to people arguing moot points that derail the whole point of the thread. or DBG does nothing and locks it; and "thank you for your time everyone" is their response

i bumped a thread in regard to the sleeper being awoken by a botter on Mangler. what i wanted was a legit response with a possible outcome or action for such BS moving forward.

So once again in regard to botters and hackers alike ruining the integrity of your game; i ask DBG this. what do you plan to do to fix this?
  2. taliefer Augur

not trying to discount your frustration, but there really is nothing they can say.

the whole sleeper thing in general is just a neat idea that was actually pretty revolutionary back in 2001...but did not age well, at all. especially considering just how trivial the warders are to kill.

the real issue just how easy it is to circumvent their True Box detection method, coupled with the lack of policing via GMs on the server. neither of which are likely to be changed or even addressed. there are a couple of boxers on Mangler that fall in to the "know it when i see it" category that are obviously not controlling 12/20/40 characters, with 40 different keyboards with individual key presses for every command on all 40 characters.

despite mass boxers showing up on these servers, id argue true box is still fairly effective at limiting the NUMBER of mass boxers. even mangler hasnt been near as bad as magefire and boxjaw were. every guild literally had numerous people that boxed armies on those servers. the number of people doing this on mangler is drastically reduced in comparison.

that said, it is getting more and more prevalent as many people take the time to find out how to get around true boxes. ive been guilded with a few people that box 6 characters at a time by getting around the true box with some inventive methods.
  3. tofu stir fry Augur

i agree with ya bud 110%, but if thats what DBG wants to do than the least they can say is... that much instead of locking downthreads and ignoring the elephant in the punchbowl
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

As Holly stated in another thread regarding botting, there are currently solutions and discussions being worked on, I can understand the frustration with that answer but until there are more concrete details or the team is ready to discuss the solutions threads like that, that devolve will end up being locked.

Here is the quote, and I will lock this thread as well. If you would like to discuss further please feel free to DM me.
    Clove likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.