Thank you DW, but that Discord AMA was (is) a mess....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chikkin, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think I prefer it hosted by Dreamweaver, but regular Q&A would be nice. Not everyone wishes to visit or has accounts with outside fan sites. If they give one to EQResource they couldn't refuse others and I know some have a few issues with Allahkazam. If it is hosted by Darkpaw there is no reason for anyone to visit sites they are not comfortable with.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Thanks. I don't do Discord, I just used Fanra's kind transcript.

If you could edit the correct name, or remove name from quote on my post it would be much appreciated, no big though.
  3. dreamweaver Community Manager

Of course! :)
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Everyone who told me the names on the quotes were wrong, thank you.

I've fixed it. The transcript makes more sense now :cool:.

Let me know if you spot any errors, the best way is to send me a PM here (Start a new conversation).
    Prathun, dreamweaver and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. dreamweaver Community Manager

I think it's also important to note and applaud the work you put into making the transcript available! Thank you Fanra!
    Jhenna_BB, jiri_, Fanra and 1 other person like this.
  6. enclee Augur

Dream, on a scale 1-10 how surprised were you that it took as long as it did for people to figure out how to spell "FUDGE" with emojis?
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

Honestly, I thought it would be quicker.
  8. Babien New Member

I didn't get to listen in but the post from Fanra helped with the recap! I even got my bard question answered about the no love on bard only weapons. It will be interesting to see what if anything happens with instruments. I think it would be easier to make weapons over instruments that give mod bonus and such but I'm not a programmer.
  9. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Bard only weapons tended to be part of a class-restricted set (where everyone got their own,weapon drops, or there was knight or fistyfriends overlap in a couple spots) or quested, and the special bard thing was offhands with click songs or illusions and focuses / Instrument fighting mods.

Some of it likely also has to do with weapon distribution and available drops.

What generic weapon itemization do you replace with a bard weapon (what non weapon do you replace with an instrument is a pretty fast "generic melee shield") that doesnt impact the current drop distribution?
    It likely ends up being the generic 1hp, 1hs, or 1hb, but that weapon being bard only ends up serving the same purpose as the non-weapon offhand for bards (you're either stuck with it as your only option for that slot or its not good enough), while lowering the available weapon options for 3 other classes (though 2 of those have their own class weapons).
    Duder likes this.
  10. Geoux Lorekeeper

Can someone please explain to me abit more about what this line means?

Experience model (ToV XP model likely to be continued).

I went and read the AMA archive on Zam, but there's a block of time missing between 5:04 PM and 5:38 PM.
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Large regular xp bonuses tied to merc/partisan/hero achievements in expansion. Lower xp per mob kill (like ToV … not worse than ToV … hopefully).

Basically, they want you to level via doing the expansion quests.
    Geoux likes this.
  12. Fredescu Augur

The Discord channel is still up. It's too big to paste here.
    Geoux likes this.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If someone would kindly link the Zam AMA archive and also point out what is missing from my transcript here EverQuest April 8, 2020 AMA on Discord Transcript I would appreciate it.

I will add anything missing if someone can let me know.

Thank you.
  14. Fredescu Augur

Geoux likes this.