Thank you DBG for the patch yesterday

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Meaghan Stormfire Journeyman

OK, here's what I see from this. Daybreak said they weren't going to change the spawn rate. Six pages of player wrath ensued. Guilds began to drop their subs. Daybreak was forced to look at the situation and make a call.

In short, enough people complained and they changed their mind, sort of. They didn't change the spawn rate but they removed the incentive to monopolize the spawn. It was a good call on their part.

If people had simply told the spawn botters to piss off instead of handing them krono, this problem would have corrected itself. Instead, people essentially chose to hand real-life cash to in-game extortionists to get their keys. No one has a right to get pissy about being taken for a ride when they willing got into the van to begin with.

Daybreak's fault lies in not correcting this sooner.
  2. Kiaro Augur

The funniest part of this all is, the HS key and VP keys loot and progression wise are about as worthless as you can get.
    HS was good XP when you could charm the named and blender through 15mobs per minute, now its a somewhat sub par grind zone for solo necros, Chardok beats the pants off of it XP per hour wise, and loot wise.
    I don't think enough folks outside the of the ones repeatedly posting here actually care enough to bother, but the vocal minority stamping their feet got a fix, and its a good one, not disparaging it in the slightest.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think I understand what you are saying, and I can understand the sentiment. But in this case, I choose to place the blame with the party that has the most to gain AND the most control over the situation: DBG. I can't blame a player who just wants a key to be able to play the game with their guild, on raid night, the same way they have played for the last 3+ months.
  4. Dumbledorf Lorekeeper

Saw two Chancellor's pop within 5 minutes time. I'd say spawn rate is changed.
  5. Dumbledorf Lorekeeper

Needed for demileech cap which is a bis. Also for archeology quests which are incredibly good as well.
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Journeyman

Except that comment was about the ground spawn for the VP key, not the chancellor for Charasis. Also, that VP spawn rate comment was made with the caveat of "At this time," which implies that the matter was not immutable.
  7. Machentoo Augur

This right here should make people sad, not happy. It shows that DBG really is in this for the short term cash grab rather than long term success of the game. If removing difficulty because enough players complain becomes the norm, it is only a matter of time till this game is so dumbed down that there is no difficulty at all left.

And for all you players who just came over from p99, you should be aware that this is the exact trend that has been occuring for the last 5 years. Take a look at the most recent patch changes and their impact on progression servers in the middle expansions (say up to level 85/underfoot). Gates of Discord, the most difficult expansion in everquest history, was trivial this time around on Phinny with the massive dps boosts. And now, Underfoot, the 2nd most difficult expansion in Everquest history, has just been completely gutted by the ac/mitigation changes (on top of the already mentioned massive dps boosts.)
  8. Zinth Augur

must be stupid to pay 3 krono for that in the first place, we had same issue on Phinny when it was new... I didn't pay for it, we had picks enough, I just camped it + for my alts, had no issue with that nor Xalgoz... so don't get the point of paying 3 krono for it (plus that is like 15 bucks not 54, try to google around) and by paying you are creating the issue you are whining about... which just makes it stupid with stupid on top
  9. Dumbledorf Lorekeeper

The situation I'm *whining about" is that my investment is now worthless. It has nothing to do with the Krono farmers. Phinny had different pick mechanics. You are completely ignorant of the situation ok agnarr. It was impossible to get your own prod as a necro. Not even worth trying. It was that hopeless. If you want BIS slot item, you paid the price.

Also you're very clearly alluding to rmt. Hope dbg looks into your Krono transactions.
  10. Zinth Augur

funny since I play necro too *shrug*
  11. Meaghan Stormfire Journeyman

In this specific case that statement would only be true if the way things were going had actually been the intended gameplay, which it definitely was not.