Thank you DBG for the patch yesterday

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Risiko Augur

The following two changes make a huge difference to your TLP community, and hopefully it will bring some of the lost players back to Agnarr.

After work yesterday, I took my necro over to Lake of Ill Omen to see how the changes were working out. Of course, there was a 6 mage box army sitting on the regular Chancellor spawn point.

I ended up just picking a spot in the fort where I could cover about 5 spawn points, and left the stage to the mage box army.

I ended up spawning the Chancellor a total of 3 times with 4 prod drops with in 45 minutes of showing up there. I gave 2 of the prods away to random strangers that said they were looking for it, banked one for my brother, and kept one for myself.

After that, I headed over to Kaesora to see how bad it would be there. To my surprise, there was a raid group setup on Xalgoz's spawn point. They were putting anybody in the raid that wanted in, and keeping a list of who got the drop next. It took me about 3 hours to get my drop, but it was amazing how civil everybody was there.

It was kind of funny that a couple times we had people show up for Xalgoz that thought they could out dps the raid force. They lost both times, and each asked to join the raid afterwords lol.

All and all, it took a grand total of 1 evening playing and ZERO Kronos paid to farmers to get my key to Howling Stones. It was amazing. I made some new friends, and it felt very rewarding to get it all done with out paying anyone for any of it.

I would like to point out that the raid force at Xalgoz was made up of a lot of different guilds including some guilds that are often times depicted in a bad light on these forums. Remember guys and gals, despite what the trolls on these forums would like you to believe, not all people are bad people.
  2. Karthor New Member

Well written post, I agree. +1
  3. Behee Augur

I also found the Xalgoz raid system very good. About 2.5 hours there for the drop, people were friendly and patient. It's funny that this is now the bottleneck in the quest, but it's a very doable quest overall.

Thanks DBG for making it fun and accessible!
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Reminds me of Fabled FBSS lists. NEEDS MORE HARMTOUCH!
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Risiko like this.
  5. Kattria Minx Augur

This is what we did on Ragefire pretty much from day 1 when TL was monopolizing all the pieces. Sometimes just a couple of groups, sometimes more than that. But we held a list. Just like the old days (1999) in Highpass and High Keep!

Glad it worked for you. And glad the prod can drop in more places making it harder to monopolize.
    Nickatropolis and Illusory like this.
  6. Risiko Augur

Oh I remember the waiting lists in High Hold Keep down in the basement. Brings back memories.
    StuntCawk likes this.
  7. Illusory Augur

Yeah, I wasn't surprised when I saw the patch notes. :)
  8. Dumbledorf Lorekeeper

That's cool my 3 Krono 2kpp or $54 investment in a prod is now $0 for everyone else. Thanks dbg.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

No, no, my friend. DBG thanks YOU!
  10. Duladin Lorekeeper

Shouldn't be paying krono farmers and encouraging their bull .
    Risiko likes this.
  11. Tyranel New Member

Yes, many thanks ! It will bring back sole common sense on Agnarr.
  12. welly321 Elder

Don't be mad Daybreak fixed a problem that you helped perpetuate. There are a lot of things to be mad at daybreak about. This patch is definitely not one of them.
    Behee likes this.
  13. Lhelith Journeyman

Well done DBG!
  14. RandomStrategy Augur

Early adopter fee?
  15. Illusory Augur

You should have known this was going to happen eventually.
  16. Meaghan Stormfire Journeyman

Only have yourself to blame for that one. People like you are the ones that feed the beast.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

18. Meaghan Stormfire Journeyman

19. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Comments like this excuse and promote deceptive behavior. Odd that you are in favor of DBG's actions which encouraged people to buy the items with Kronos, and blame the people who bought the kronos (two posts earlier):

20. Artanthos Journeyman

All it takes is enough people voting with their wallet and nearly anything can be changed, regardless of what has been previously stated.
    I personally know over a dozen people that quit over the BS before DBG fixed the issue. Maybe a few will come back, most probably will not.