Thank you Daybreak (RoS information)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Warpeace Augur

Doesn't matter you can still pass CORRECT information as it applies in your guild, friends however.

Not difficult to pass factual information.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OK, but does all EoK T2 armor drop from Kar'Zok named? (serious question, just got EoK, and haven't had a chance to do anything there, yet).
  3. Axxius Augur

No, EoK T2 group armor drops from any named in the T2 zones (Droga, Chardok, Kor-Sha), and the Kar'Zok are only present in Kor-Sha. You can get everything without entering that zone.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, I can skip EoK progression, not get the EoD buff, and still get group armor in RoS. Still confused why it's stated that I can't?
  5. Blitter Elder

Well you can beat Kar'Zok still without the EoTD done, the range on aura is 150', so can pet tank or just spam heals on tank. I have killed them b4. I also don't think the dot stacks, so even multiple Kar'Zok might be doable.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

You can get a full set of selrach (EoK-tier 2 armor) without doing EoK-progression(I think). The only place in EoK where the lack of EoD-buff will be an issue, will be in the innermost part of korsha-labs, plenty of EoK-gear elsewhere...
    Then you can continue with named hunting in kar'zok-free areas of RoS(some zones might be locked by RoS-progression?), and getting the needed drops for RoS-visibles that way.
    At least thats how I understand it?

RoS group tier 2 drops from the gorowyn-zone might be tricky though, if you need to go there for tier 2 armor?
  7. Axxius Augur

I should have separated that one point from the rest, my bad. Let's rephrase:
    • You cannot get RoS visible armor without going back to EoK to obtain the required drops.
    • You cannot progress far in RoS without doing the EoK progression. A significant part of RoS content will be unavailable.
  8. Brohg Augur

Guys. Gals. Y'all.

You have to play EverQuest to play EverQuest.

oh.em.gee.
    Venau likes this.
  9. svann Augur

There is also TS armor which is pretty good.
  10. TheStugots Augur

But...but...you still have almost a full month before RoS releases. Get your group gear and Progression done now and you won't have to "go back to EoK".

Crazy idea, I know.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I thought you were my friend's cousin's brother's uncle's son's buddy's pal and that the platform was totally safe?
    gotwar likes this.
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

"Looking into it" when that should have been done already by the time EoK went live...
    If there weren't the lag-issue that's been going on for over a year now strongly competing for top spot, i'd say that's a record!

No "looking into" on that, but go Nike: Just do it!
    Rhodz likes this.
  13. Blitter Elder

SO PEOPLE CAN GO TO GOWLYN AND FIGHT KAR'ZOK IF THEY CHOOSE, WITHOUT HAVEN'T EOTD1 DONE.

SO WHY NOT ALLOW FOLKS WHO DON'T HAVE SEAL DONE FIGHT ROS RAIDS T1?

IT FLIPPING MAKES NO SENSE.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Thrillho Augur

Are all the RoS threads in the Veteran's section going to turn this way? The OP is about thanking DBG for a summary of the expansion that was requested.

If something truly of value comes out of this thread, already three pages deep, it's not guaranteed to be seen in time by DBG as they're probably of the assumption that this thread is about an entirely different subject.
  15. Scorrpio Augur

You aint getting it, eh? Yeah, CURRENT lvl 105 characters who CURRENTLY play in EoK cause that is where pretty much all high level action CURRENTLY is should not have much of an issue getting EoK T2. And you know why is that? Cause when you take out that named in Chardok, and loot those amophous boots. you need diddly-squat from ANY prior content. You right click it and presto - EoK T2 boots.
    Now imagine that in order for those amorphous selrach boots to be of any use, you had to have the cohorts' boots first. Still not so bad, you say? Now imagine that in order to make wearable gear from amorph cohort's, you first needed Highwater from T3 TDS. Cause you know, story-wise, EoK builds on TDS with Katta, Combine and all. Oh yeah and no Highwater for you unless you get Castaway-Tideworn first.

The truly nasty thing about this scheme is the precedence it sets. So far, never before in history of EQ were you required to farm previous expansions just to use drops from new content. Even within expansions, having prior tier was never a requirement. Think about bringing up and gearing a new alt once RoS has been out for a year. And what if DBG decides it is such a jolly good idea and 3 expansions from now your next alt still needs to go back to EoK and then through RoS and whatever other content in between?

I would be totally fine with the CRAFTED tier of group gear needing EoK T2. A nice alternate way to upgrade your stuff.
    I would also be fine with going back to RoF or HoT way of making gear.
    But this way, it is just not a good thing.
    Axxius, Poxxie, Gialana and 1 other person like this.
  16. daranged Lorekeeper

They should get out of the bi`fak camp and go do progression bottom line game isnt just bout sitting and grinding its um called "everquest"
    Brohg likes this.
  17. Thrillho Augur

Could you imagine having to carry around a backpack with a book in it for school for a class? And then another book for a different class! And then you need to carry your desk, too, since you need somewhere to work. And the chair for somewhere to sit. Before you know it, you need to carry the whole SCHOOL in your backpack! No, this won't do at all. We need to get rid of books. And backpacks! Next thing you know, cats will marry dogs!

You don't have to go back to TBM. Or TDS. Or CotF. RoF. VoA. HoT. UF. Or all the way back to your starting city. See how ridiculous that sounds? It's an extension of the current, and it's only for one expansion. If it works out, it will probably carry forward in some sense.

As for precedence, there are a tonne of things that haven't been done before. A recent example is the gear from TBM. A complete change in the way it worked compared to TDS. Create your own based on augments? Ridiculous! It clearly was scrapped, as EoK has shown. But something with it stayed - the type 5s. There was benefit in trying something new. This is something new - give it a shot.
  18. Rhayzer TheTrickster Lorekeeper

If the game requires you to do prior progression, it is an extension of the previous expansion and not a new expansion. With that said, new people will not be so quick to be in these zones if they do not have progression. So people will spend a lot of time in old zones to do stuff that most have done this past year. I just made a 3rd toon, I guess I will have to own up to doing progression with back and forth faction. Sigh, I really wished this was a new expansion.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bring back the quests instead of liner tasks with decent rewards.

I miss questing for toys.
  20. Zhaunil_AB Augur

A nice analogy there (that's your thing, analogies, isn't it? :) ).
    But at school i carried different books each year.

Yes, he's extrapolating. AND he's speaking about a dangerous precendent that's being set there.
    and this
    is exactly the result he's fearing. And frankly: me too

So all in all that doesn't sound so ridiculous after all, does it?

If we decide to play/raid on we have no other choice of course.
    And while i can not see what "good" can come from forcing people into linear progression in the long run, yes: we'll see.
    It NEVER hurts though, nor is it too soon EVER to voice one's concerns.
    Especially if they are NOT "ridiculous" but actually substantiated.