/tgb removal is going to hurt :(

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Just a reminder we clerics actually do have a really nice spell that was purpose-designed to both land a really large heal on a single target outside our group while performing an equally large group heal simultaneously. Now if they would only cut the 60 second cooldown to something more reasonable like 20 seconds...
    Cadira likes this.
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

ermagawd...gonna cancel 2342123423 accounts and move to patheon!!!11!!!
  3. Risiko Augur

This was discussed a lot in the test update thread. The devs are aware, and it looked in that thread like they were trying to accommodate healers. No idea where that stands at this point, but they did mention that it was put on Test a week early in order to give people time to test and give feedback.
  4. Millianna Augur

Based on the rude comments on that thread, why would they make any accommodations?
    xcitng likes this.
  5. jeskola pheerie

It's ok, it won't take you too long to reprogram your cheats to deal with this change!
  6. Millianna Augur

The only 3rd party program I use is Gameparse. Please take your rude comments to another thread.
    Metanis and Angahran like this.
  7. svann Augur

Which group heals will tgb make land on the person outside the group? Could you give examples? I dont play a healer so Im seriously asking. This has been asked by a dev and by smoke and no one seems to ever answer.
  8. Angahran Augur

I don't play a healer, but the command was /target GROUP buff, so I am guessing GROUP heals would land on the group of the person targeted and not the casters group.

Healers please correct me if I have this completely wrong.
  9. svann Augur

Idk, but it seems to me as a nonhealer that target group BUFFS wouldnt work for heals. But if it does then Id like to hear which ones, since the question has been asked so many times and never answered afaik.
  10. Axel Furry Hats OP

I've played a shaman once or twice (literally, like once or twice). Your instant group heals will land on your group. Your Roar of the Lion will land on both the tank group and your group, so I'm assuming all other buffs will work the same way.

Clerics don't need to worry because if you are using group heal over times (only thing that would be affected by TGB) on a raid you are trash anyways.

This thread is completely pointless and clearly was written by someone who has absolutely 0 understanding of how this works and also did 0 testing.
  11. Warpeace Augur

As class X, Y or Z have you suddenly been able to cast things on other groups that you should not be able to? Take a sec and think about that. As a bard can you suddenly cast a group song or AA on another group you could not before?

They just removed the need to turn on or off TGB. Nothing else was changed.
  12. Warpeace Augur

You don't know how the spells work then. They actually made it easier for players.
  13. Febb Augur

This change doesn't affect my cleric at all. In the 15 years I've mained a cleric I have never used /tgb off before. Just make a hotkey to target whatever tank you want to target along with whatever heal you are using so you can heal your group real quick and then hit the hotkey. Or do like someone else said, start your group cast and then immediately target the tank, the group heal will heal your group regardless if you have the tank targeted during mid cast.

I think the only people who have a problem with this change are people that don't like change or don't like like hitting multiple buttons. I call those healers "one button healers" and when I parse their healing, they have about half or even less casts than the other clerics in raids.
  14. svann Augur

The extreme angst given in these several threads combined with hesitance to say what specific spells are impacted, and puzzlement from other good healers makes me wonder if there was some kind of unintended functionality that cannot be mentioned.
  15. Warzon Elder

I told you which spells. Group heal over time spells, which can be cast on your group, and on other groups. Using this to heal your own group used to be possible while targeting someone out of group. Now that is no longer possible, you have to change targets.

This is the highest level spell I found that would be affected:Elixir of Wulthan, I don't play in that content at the moment so I don't know if it's useful. Ethereal Elixir is what I use now, on a TLP in the DoN era. The upgrade to that spell comes with PoR, and I expect to use it all the time, just as I use EE now.

For many people, this change will not affect them at all. There are very few people still playing priests, especially priest mains, boxes/alts had TGB on before, now it's always on and can't be turned off. Many mains never toggled it off either. For other people, new players/ignorant players, this will help them, as it will turn TGB on and suddenly they can buff other groups!

For a select few, including some of the best players to ever play the game, regardless of the claims of forum trolls to the contrary, this strips them of a tool. It isn't nothing, but it is minor. It's curious to me why someone who doesn't play a healer would argue in favor of a change to the status quo that they don't understand. I take your word for it that whatever slight tweak to something I rarely look at "totally nerfed my dps bro!!!"

Most of those affected have, of course, adapted to the new reality. Some few of us are curious why this was a more appropriate change then just turning tgb on by default and leaving the toggle in there. It doesn't take much imagination to think that every time a priest class toggled tgb the server hamsters were instantly shredded. If there was something gained by this change, so be it. But if this change was to help new players or whatever, show me the new players.

As for those posting work-arounds, just take a moment to think about what you're doing. Saying a change won't affect anyone, if they just use x or y workaround, and acting as though that's a justification for the change, I don't really know what to say. That you've always done things differently, not using the tools available to you, grats on being uber? Is that what you want to hear? Use the tools available or don't, there's lots of people accomplishing what you aren't and it may be connected to these little details.

Of course we can (and have been forced to) change how we do things, why is that OK? If they changed assist so that by default assist on attack is on and can no longer be toggled, that wouldn't be OK. Likewise if they set it off (which most people have it set off and never toggle it) and made it so you can no longer toggle it, that would be fine as well. It's not game breaking. But there's a whole slew of players out there who would have to revise how they do things.

For my part, this tgb thing requires a lot more typing in a hurry, or just requires me to stop being quite as try-hard. It's not up for debate, that's just a fact. This change happened, it affects something I used every day, and I either have to go to more effort to do the same thing I used to do, or stop doing it. These are facts. If you never used the tgb toggle (except the once to turn it on), or if you don't play a toon that casts group spells, why are you here?
  16. Leigo You come here often?

Alright then.. so now I've had a chance to raid with tgb change.. it's pretty annoying. Having to Target cycle to cast hot and roar as a shm is more frustrating then game breaking or hard.. and added more key presses instead of running with it off so both spells hit my group no matter my target.
    Oh well, adapt and overcome!
  17. Gnomereaper Augur

It's basically a Quality of Life thing for a handful of people versus a major healing nerf. Group HoTs are the spells that would be impacted, MGB heals.
  18. Millianna Augur

Some of the people here that made comments do not play or understand a healer. They have no businesses making comments in that case. I have not intentionally held back anything just not interested in entertaining someone who’s clueless. If someone dies in my group (or more than 1), what does a shaman normally do that has a long cast time?
  19. fortuneteller Augur

I guess people adapted, and overcome it.
  20. Millianna Augur

If you call refusing to watch a tank as adapted, then yes.