/tgb removal is going to hurt :(

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Millianna Augur

The xtarget window does lag. Sometimes, another person’s HPs doesn’t update until you select them. After a charm, that persons name stays grayed out until you select them. Those are just a few examples of why I don’t use that window to monitor someones health.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Custom UI? I've never seen either of those things. Ever.
  3. DaciksBB Augur

what relevance does xtar lag have with tgb again?
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You still haven't answered what spells you actually cast that would need tgb off.
  5. Minato Augur

so my ranger friends cant run by copsestalkers enrichment me anymore while im afk? OMG the madness!!!
  6. Millianna Augur

Not going answer you until you provide a reason for the removal that does not contain the word “should” and “ I don’t use it so you shouldn’t either.”
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

In other words, you can't answer the question.
    Azonic, svann, Sheex and 1 other person like this.
  8. Gronns Lorekeeper

This is honestly about 18 years overdue.
    Brohg likes this.
  9. DaciksBB Augur

how are you going to convince anyone that toggling off tgb is necessary when you don't provide examples of why it's necessary
  10. Thraxin Goodbrew New Member

Did I read the patch note wrong?.... TGB is still there, they only removed the ability to toggle it on and off... Its just on all the time now which doesn't hurt anything as far as I can see.
  11. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

I get the feeling that everyone except the OP came here for a constructive conversation, then immediately gave up and just acted like jerkoffs. Seriously, how many people need to come in and demand an explanation for someone not liking a change? What's that going to help?

None of you can justify how you acted here. If you even respond to me, the only stance you will take is the default "I just don't care what you think to be honest" - standard IDGAF backpedal. And yet here you are, expecting everyone else to care what you think about what OP thinks. This thread could have just stayed at 1 post, but I suppose you are bored with the downtime....
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Oh, the irony.
  13. Angahran Augur

Maybe I misunderstood how /tgb currently works.

Currently, you can have someone outside your group targeted, e.g. for single target heals and also be able to cast group spells on your group without having to change targets.
    To me, this seems like a good thing.

After the change you will no longer be able to cast group spells on your group while having someone outside your group targeted.
  14. Horyuken Augur

/ Rolls eyes

This poor horse is beat to death.

The change happend, learn to use the tab key, nothing to see here.
  15. Millianna Augur

That’s correct
  16. Millianna Augur

Not going to - just not going to cast those spells while MT healing.
  17. Denial_Sinfae Augur

18. Verily Tjark Augur

You will be just fine. Deal with it.
  19. Nuttann Elder

Just making sure we are all clear here, TGB does not apply to all group spells, just most non-instant spells.

People are saying group spells. The TGB is target group buff. None of my instant group spells hit other groups and I always have TGB on. The 'buff' was typically for spells that land in one of the buff boxes (long or short term). So a druid group heal hits his group regardless of the target. (Not counting spirit of the wood of course, where I do target my group or, at least, no other PC) Other healers have more HOTs to worry about.

Also, this year they removed the ability to TGB a couple of our buffs (Group Spirit of the White/Black Wolf). I used to use it to help out a healer or caster raid group that I wasn't in, if needed. There is a flag in the spell data (see Lucy) for whether a spell can be TGB'ed (and also one on whether it can be MGB'ed).
  20. Warzon Elder

Just to validate the OP: as a main cleric in the top guild on Lockjaw, turning off TGB was a regular part of my playstyle for a long time. Prior to lockjaw I mained a healer for over a decade, and frequently toggled TGB on and off, sometimes multiple times per fight. But then, I try hard to be good at my class, squeezing every last drop of effficiency from it I can. Obviously, if you're trolling the forums often, there's less of a need for you to work so hard, having found that avenue to enjoy yourself.

The names of these things, for those who aren't just trolling:The AA group heal over time Celestial Regen? maybe? and the spell group heal over time (ethereal elixir is one example).

They removed the ability to cast the AA heal over time on other groups a bit ago, when they made it so TGB no longer affects AA group abilities. So now it would only affect the spell: ethereal elixir (in my current lineup in OoW era anyhow). As a result, I ended up just switching to the group heal spells which ignores targeting, although this is only possible now that I have a huge mana pool from being overgeared. Boxing a barely-geared cleric so we could do multiple week-lockout instances every week, I would still turn it on, the efficiency of the heal over time spell still being needed.

So while this may very well have been an obscure case, it was not infrequent or uncommon. It was only obscure in the sense that few classes will be affected and only the best players of those classes.

Incidentally, all of the best clerics I talk to that didn't mind this change, are using some, ahem, add on programs, and have perhaps forgotten how the default targeting works in EQ. There are plenty of situations where changing targets is essentially disabled, and you have to type out /tar Playername or click on their name to change targets, or hit tab. As in, you can't click on a macro with their name, or activate any macro really, if a macro is already running. If you have a little bit of assistance running though, all of that is fixed and the need to toggle TGB does essentially disappear. So without accusing the doubters of this toggle ability of cheating...

There are workarounds of course, tab being one of them. Macros can also be reworked to not have pauses, you give up the utility you were deriving from that of course, but you just have to decide what trade-offs work for you. But removing the toggle wasn't necessary when simply enabling tgb by default would have worked.

So I agree with the OP that this was a heavy-handed and unnecessary change. It could have been handled better. We, as clerics, will adapt and overcome, as we always do. Ultimately it's not us that will suffer, it's the people who take our efforts for granted that will spend more time at their bind point.

Hopefully this is part of some greater change on the horizon that will give us new abilities to enjoy and have fun with.

And as always, remember, they could've taken out the toggle and left it off by default, which, we can all agree, would've been worse.
    Angahran and Vexana_Lanys like this.