Text-based TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Jan 22, 2019.

1. jeskola pheerie

Everquest was initially derived from Text-based MUDs such as DikuMud. All these other TLP suggestions have way too many modern features. Let's take it back to the old school and do a Text-based TLP!

-perma double XP
    -3 month unlocks
    -no graphics
    Ermok and HoodenShuklak like this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's called p99.
  3. jeskola pheerie

Nah, P99 has too many modern features, namely graphics.
  4. zarkolov Lorekeeper

a priest, And hero sitting around a campfire, And the priest says,"I had a dog and he wouldn't quit yapping so I had to put him down. And the hero says," I would never treat a pet of mine like that". And then the priest says I might have to put you down. And scenery changes to a big fortress somewhere in bizaro everquest.

{ooc welcome to bizaro everquest world how will you adjust from being taken from the world of everquest that was real and taken to a remake made by the villain known as the priest}
    Somehow you have made it out of the priest of discords dungeon and reached one of the seven cities.

The reason to play through the quests and gain enough power to
    stand against the city that opposes your chosen alignment, Is after having
    done. S
    o, The priest of discord you were sent to this (progression server here) world by, Will send you back to (a different server),
    And you will have a interesting backstory story to tell when you start anew
    In the next world (When you wake up or was it a dream at all?); From this
    world with 15 zones and 7 cities,in classic
    , Alternate stories for being in this bizare remake of everquest world with; Close to 200 rooms
    with monsters and npcs ranging from level two to level thirty; Towns with
    their own shops with close to 50 items to buy; Three quests to help find your
    path towards reaching high enough level to fight in a raid-- To defeat the
    priest of discords city and make him send you back to your world is; and to help there is
    a crafting station in highkeep, To respawn the monsters who have already been slain.

violent foes are around every corner blocking the paths to safe zones because something has been taken weather people know what it is or not the war has begun to take it back with the help of powerful spellcasters and strong fighters.

Teleports can be bought at the party room and can be taken to (outpost) in desert of ro (swamphouse) in swamp of guk (clubhouse) in qeynos (interducts) in highkeep to help people do quests because this is bizaroquest.

Thash likes this.
  5. MBear Augur

OP, You are stealing HoodenShuklak's thunder.
  6. zarkolov Lorekeeper

Its just a story to play a text based tlp with to give idea's and some frills thrown in
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Maybe if he threw in some bits about krono or boxing... the concept really needs some work.

I mean, how would the detect true box on a text base game? I think most people would go for no graphics, but they'd expect better server uptimes to compensate.
    MBear likes this.
  8. Machentoo Augur

The same way they do now.

/tell player R U There?

No response in 30 seconds, perma ban!
  9. zarkolov Lorekeeper

Theres a lot they could do to use krono or detect true box if its a discord server they could make quests based on different aspects of discord like gates of discord and if people do a quest on there they could get cheaper discounts in the store or bonus exp but maybe on that server your only allowed to have a certain amount of characters to deter truebox
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Man if this was a text based server you just ran OOM and probably got killed.
  11. zarkolov Lorekeeper

ya, your right especially if it was a pvp server since that's another thing that discord could do.