Tester Reward

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EqEqEq, May 20, 2015.

1. EqEqEq Elder

Can you wipe the server tonight and give us 5 minutes to log in create our toons name and then bring the server down...please ;) I'll be at work at noon tomorrow ;/
  2. Lowstats Lorekeeper

Highly doubt they'd do that.

If you're lucky tho they may extend the downtime.
  3. Banuvan Augur

The reward is being able to play tomorrow at all!
    Senadin likes this.
  4. Dakotawolf New Member

If you weren't on right now and they did that, you'd probably be upset when you found out. Wipe and restart tomorrow like they announced is the most fair.
  5. EqEqEq Elder

Can't blame a high elf for trying.
  6. Silv Augur

Have a guildy/friend grab your name on their account while you're at work. When you get home just have them delete and then roll your character with your saved name.
  7. EqEqEq Elder

I have no friends. Did I mention I was a high elf? but thx for the advice:)
  8. Banuvan Augur

Make a HE Cleric and you will have more friends than you know what to do with!
  9. Greengoblin New Member

problem with this is we have confirmed reports of players using the limited access time to maliciously steal names from other players now. the only fair way is to let everyone attempt to log onto the new server at the same time and race to save the names they want--the way it's always been done. it's really the only fair way to do it AT THIS JUNCTURE ON THIS ROAD OF RAGE
  10. EqEqEq Elder

Well then just let me log in only win win
  11. toxist Lorekeeper

no thats unfair i had my name stolen the 2ed time
  12. Silv Augur

How exactly does a name get 'stolen'? I mean, yeah, there were some people being malicious which is ridiculous but for the new/returning player... pretty sure no one tried to sabotage your new character's name. Usually you have to piss a lot of people off like I do for someone to go to the effort of intentionally doing it. :p

It's highly likely multiple people have come up with the same name over time. It's just that unlike in '99, you are all trying to get it on one server instead of XYZ number of servers. I think most cases of 'name stealing' are unintentional.

The fact that so many people think they are entitled to a name has definitely been a source of entertainment today. I couldn't get "my" name either time today and that was with logging in ASAP. I came up with something else, complained in /gu on Live, and moved on. What are you gonna do? Oh... that's right... make a post on the forums asking for a wipe!

I do have to wonder though what some people did if their whole guild was "attacked" as someone claimed in another thread. That seems a bit... odd.
  13. Greymere Augur

well nice thing about EQ is it'll run on damn near anything PC wise these days, download a launcher on your laptop and take a break long enough at launch to snag some names you like
  14. Banuvan Augur

I actually have EQ and WoW on my tablet haha.
    Silv likes this.