Test Update 8/08/2014 - Pet Changes Round 3

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Aristo, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimdangle New Member

This is obviously someone who does not play a pet class... Leave the pets alone, period. its not like mages are out there soloing group missions and tanking raid mobs. Why dont we put the nerf bat down and maybe look into something that will actually help the game like say more content or actually giving decent loot on CoTF tier 2 raids ?

Not everyone can run a chinese 6 box team with every class.... Pet classes should be able to solo current content no problem. Always worried about making the game too easy, but yet you always "fix" things that are not broken
  2. segap Augur

And that was my point. Mages have allowed for a more slacker play style that might appeal to some people. I do play mine all out at times (I can go about 35 minutes before I run out of mana tricks vs. over an hour on my wiz). However, when I want to relax, be social and still be somewhat productive to a group, it's a great alternative. No, I won't be maxing my capabilities, but I'm also not just dead weight as some of the mashier classes would be. The point being I think it is good for the financial health of the game to cater to multiple play styles. If you don't like one play style, play a different class (or that class differently). Don't force everyone to adhere to your perceived way of playing.

Going back to the other response. Yes, the game has changed. Now, you can be 80% of your capacity by creating a couple macros and multibinds with a weave (as a wizard since I believe that was the class that person was). Click macro, mash multibinds. Back in 1999 that they mentioned, it was more around agro management (nothing told you where you stacked with the group) and maximizing your med ticks. You couldn't just nuke full out the entire fight. You had to wait on the tank to build agro, then increase your attack. Make sure you didn't get too high agro so you could sit and med a tick without getting attacked. The game has evolved a lot. Some is much improved, some isn't. The way the game is active today is much different than how it was active then. I wouldn't necessarily call it more complex as the well known recipes for grinding in most cases can be reduced to clicking a couple keys over and over again. For those that like to tinker and experiment, the modern game does provide a lot more inputs to play with and figure out how to maximize yourself.

The funny thing is that bards used to be the quietest people in groups as they had to constantly twist songs. Now they have melody and can be chatty while the rest of the classes are too busy mashing to talk (and I hate voice chat).
  3. Hakuja New Member

I was reading through this forum and one thought came to mind. This should be renamed to "Where daegun thinks pets should be." im here because i want to see parses! not what daegun thinks is or isnt best for the mage class your thoughts seem to be extremely biest. Let people who actually play the class speak instead of shooting all of there thoughts down. #realmage out.
  4. Clueless Journeyman

I am curious if I pissed off anybody posting in the forums, I get a message not allowing me to log in. To chek internet coonections and server status and such? I have been a Sony customer for at least 15 years, I started playing on Mith Marr left about 2004, played FFXI for 6 years also a Sony product, came back to EQ in 2010, now I cannot log in, the game wont let me, I can getg on the internet as seen with this, it says your servers are up, the game wont let me?
  5. Hakuja New Member

this is a tech issue. making someone mad in forums is natural and only results in your post being removed. i recommend contacting tech support.
  6. Jimdangle New Member

I box a cleric and a mage. Cleric being my main and raid geared as well, the mage was my way of having a tank because tank mercs seem to have downs. So with 2 caster dps mercs and my healing abilities im pretty much unstoppable except for some crowd control I can usually pull singles with the cleric np. That being said as a raid cleric, the mage pets are FAR from being anything close to a raid tank pre nerf and post nerf. just because they have the hp doesnt mean they have the avoidance or the ac to withstand the flurries.
    Perfect example, I went to go take down the RoF version of AoW, yeah not going to happen with my mage. I think people are confusing raid focus with group focus. If you want to nerf EM18,19,20 that sucks but it would be a lot more understandable than nerfing a group gear item. And the focus on this thread seems to be the mage pet so why screw the other classes over too ? Me being the one that has to heal the pet I can tell you there is a difference between the pets with different classes. The mage by far has a more powerful pet than the necro, but the trade off there is the necros burns are far more powerful than the mage, what people need to seek is balance in the game not well there pet is stronger than mine it needs to be nerfed. The air pet may seem like it has amazing avoidance, AC and HP. Seems, but really its just stunning the mob from hitting it. You guys are hung up on this DI and avoidance and raid tank crap, I thought we were talking about the pet nerfs here ? Lets stop trying to compare things and talk about what was affected and whether or not it is justified. The new patch notes I read said they were going to up the hp/ac of the pet but lower the affect that the EM has on the pet, Sounds like its just going to balance it self out and that all they're doing is making the non focused pet a little stronger... unless i'm mistaken that actually sounds like a great idea!

And please to all the trolls out there that claim they play a class and agree with nerfs, I cant believe people actually believe your telling the truth. Everyone that plays this game wants their class to be the best most OP class in the game and is never going to tell the Devs, well I think you made me a little too powerful guys maybe lets take it down a notch.... That would be like Microsoft saying well we made 50 billion this year, you know what lets drop the price of our software.
    Melanippe and Hakuja like this.
  7. Jimdangle New Member

Sony got hacked and you have to manually reset the pw to your account, call customer service.... Happend to me when I came back to the game about a year and a half ago
  8. jeskola pheerie

while I agree with you, your posts will be mentally skipped by anyone with half a brain if you don't touch up the spelling a bit.
  9. wiha Elder

every one keeps saying a em 20, where do i get that best i can get only group player is em 15? i am a necro and do not have a mag so only have pet gear some times (when i can get a mag to give me on) and my pet is not over powered like others and now well heck it is only able to kill blue mobs after you guys are done i will only kill light blue ones why play
  10. Necromonious Augur

U can get I think em18 without raiding? From PoW, good luck :/ otherwise a few of the posters with higher em might be from FV. But yeah, it is sad that the major foundation for balance comparisons and most of the public parses seem to come from Mage EM19-21 earth pets. The reason I made the comparison to RoF T3 raid tank is that em20 is from RoF T3 raid if I recall. Of course it won't compare at all to a RoF T3 player tank but then again it is just 1 item

So u may be screwed, I hope not
  11. Danille Augur

Hi Aristo,

When I sent RS on the second add, the add forgot all about the earth pet and started waloping the rs pet like mad killing him in no time flat. So no more off tanking with RS pets.:(
    In later parses with only one mob, the RS pet only took aggro off the earth pet if it was sent in early. Once the earth pet built up a lot of aggro further into the fight, the mob never turned around to whack the regular pet.
  12. Krag Lorekeeper

Looks like some positive changes on Test for pets!! Aristo somehow got swarm pets to spawn with full hps!! He also added AC to all pets, so they should be getting reasonable now.
    Danille likes this.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

If its a burst fight and you need extra healing, Thats the best way to get it without sacrificing Leech heals.

its also a good way to tank Multiple adds and use 2.0 (and get 100% of the benefit of 2.0). Infact due to the way the proc works, its probably the best way to tank multiple adds.
  14. Aristo Developer

Okay, Test is back up and unlocked. Please post new observations in the Pet Thread Round 4.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.