Test Update 5/23/16 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, May 23, 2016.

1. JChan Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.

Patch notes and discussions thread

If you are still missing characters on the Test Server, please submit an in-game /bug report from the account that is missing a character. In the /bug report please include your character(s) name and how the character was created (created on the server before May, created on the server recently, /testcopied).
  2. mmats Augur

Bard song Aria of the Poet Rk. II is bugged. It will not play continuously after clicking it. It only plays once and then stops even though there is no recast delay. Also it is only lasting for 2 ticks instead of 3.
  3. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Facing East on the South Arm of Argath (-700, -227, -271 and further south/east) causes significant frame stuttering and freezing (spinning in a circle takes you from facing N to graphic stutter to facing W) on multiple characters and systems.

Argath itself is causing Crashes to desktop (5 times every 6 attempts) when zoning in or using Succor.
  4. mackal Augur

Not a bug. Bard songs last for 2 ticks and some are focused to 3 ticks (this has always been the case, your memory is either faulty [no fault on you, who could really tell back in the day] and alla is often wrong)

Songs that have a mana cost (like these songs) can not be held.

Extended Ingenuity is actually what is causing the other songs to be 3 ticks. http://www.raidloot.com/AA.aspx?name=extended ingenuity&class=Bard

Notice the 7: Limit Max Mana Cost: 1 which prevents arias from getting a focus.
  5. mmats Augur

Wow I just came back to the game and never knew this song required mana. It looks like only our overhaste songs above lvl 70 require mana, that seems strange and kind of unreasonable.

I always thought all bard songs started out at 3 ticks, then extended by AA. So youre saying alla just has this song mislabeled as 3 ticks? If so then this song is total crap compared to our overhaste song from 11 levels earlier (ancient call of power) which I confirmed lasts 3 ticks and costs no mana ;/
  6. mackal Augur

It's just how things are now. I'm pretty sure alla just had them as 3 because dots would do damage 3 times, but that's still "2 ticks." There are more songs that do have mana, but they were always way less useful (in the past at least.)
  7. Ben H New Member

Having the same issue across several accounts. Zoning from Guild Portal to Argath crashes to desktop. Logging back into Argath causes crash as well.
  8. mmats Augur

Have devs commented on the disparity between overhaste songs before and after lvl 70? I just cant believe they would intentionally make our post lvl 70 overhaste songs so different from pre lvl 70.

The mana addition, okay maybe, but shortening the durations? That is just silly and makes the song useless. Not to mention the raw spell data shows that the duration should be the same for pre and post lvl 70 overhaste songs...
  9. mmats Augur

10. mackal Augur

Ahh they're the same pre focus. The post 70 overhaste songs also have a static spell dmg increase where pre 70 is 1 to whatever.
  11. Dibab Augur

just tried for the Cleansing Rod in Cleansing the Grounds. Clicked the Dubious potion and got the emote about spilling some 3 separate times and yielded no Rod. 100% sure i dont have it because the toon i did the clicking on is less than 2 months old. So think this is still broken?
  12. JChan Developer

What graphics memory mode are you currently in and is streaming textures turned on?
  13. Lanthur New Member

14. Ben H New Member

Can log into Argath, run around for about 5 seconds and then EQ crashes. The "Return Home" option is grayed out on the character log-in screen.
  15. JChan Developer

Try setting the memory mode to Minimum and Streaming Textures on and see if reduces the crashes.
  16. gertrud New Member

Wizard Spell IceStrike (and i suspect all the spells in this line (orange ae wave spells) only does damage to max 4 mobs, even though the description says its supposed to hit all targets in the vicinity of the mob you have targeted.

How to replicate this bug:
    1. Log in a wizard, mem the level 6 Icestrike spell
    2. pull a few mobs, like at least 5.
    3. make sure they are bunched together like within 25 feet of each other.
    4. cast the spell
    5. note that you will only hit 4 of them.

Whats expected: all mobs in the bunch should be hit not just 4.
  17. mackal Augur

Targeted AE spells have a limit even with max targets spell field set to 0. Point Blank AE and Directional AE don't have a limit if max targets is set to 0. TAE and target ring do. (I think, based on some googling, I know for a fact that those statements are true for PBAE and TAE :p)
  18. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

These 2 bugs have been cropping up lately.

When trading things on Test I notice the item gets a "no ground, no destroy" flag on it after being traded so it can't be destroyed or thrown down on the ground.

Every time the server goes down the hot zones reset to the next set in the rotation. It seems to be happening on all servers but in case you guys weren't aware that may be something you want to keep from happening.
  19. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Another thing I forgot to mention is that the 14th through 16th anniversary events were not up for the full time and not extended 2 weeks like they were on Live. With all the down time we had over the last 2 weeks we really should get an extension for them on Test.
  20. Vilefist New Member

In the TDS Brother Island zone some of the NPCs that are supposed to be in the large building in the southern portion of the zone are under the building instead of inside. Brother Dockle, Brother Sprudd, a brother guard and Ex-Merchant Kendro are all visible on the ground under their building if you're shrunk and standing against the wall in first-person. Two of the NPCs need to have items turned into them for the TDS progression mission Just Recompense making the mission impossible to finish.