Test Update 4/12/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Cadira Augur

After this change, will new tol zone akhevia still be headshottable and assassinatable or nah?
  2. Qwalla Developer

Yeah they will be.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Skeletons have unanimously approved these changes, it's kinda comical that they are now immune to most guards.

Who says Darkpaw have no sense of humour?
    zleski likes this.
  4. Qwalla Developer

Haha I thought the centaur question was interesting, and it turns out they are "magical" and neither humanoid or animal.
  5. Cadira Augur

Sorry, even the greater akhevia? Like is this change affecting tol mobs at all?
  6. Qwalla Developer

As of right now, there are no changes to ToL Akheva
    Allayna, minimind and Yinla like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

What about the shades in KV? They're currently can be headshot.
  8. Cadira Augur

When can we get married?
    Qwalla likes this.
  9. Qwalla Developer

lol, well, I've had an interesting revelation. Of all things, the shades in new VT are marked as Greater Akheva. I'm not too proud to admit that I have no idea why I made that happen. In all other ToL zones, however, they are marked as undead.

KV is out of my purview, but the design team has a meeting tomorrow and I can check in to see how ToL might be affected (or not) by the changes to body type. I'll get back to you after that :) If anything, I might need to change those VT shades into something that makes more sense. How embarrassing. :oops:
    Rolaque, Thunderkiks, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  10. Qwalla Developer

I'm free during lunch. One hour from now?
  11. Korea numbah3 Elder

Is there still a such thing as weapon type modifiers by body types?

minimind likes this.
  12. Paladin Augur

STILL MISSING: General -> Advancement Achievements for AA's beyond 50K
    Laurana and Nennius like this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Every ranger, rogue, and berserker will be your best friend if you just keep the current headshot mobs in ToL exactly as they are. :D
    Qwalla and Yinla like this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

Since they're cleaning it up, it would not surprise me to see body type bane damage weapons in the expansions going forward.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm going back to my padded darkened room....my brain hurts. :confused:
  16. Slasher Augur

Why would zerkers care ? We can decap basically every body type. It just happens to be almost useless at this point because the damage has not scaled with the inflation of npc hit points and its spell damage so it does not benefit from buffs/crit AAs/weapon damage etc. Also the proc rate is the lowest among all of them.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. minimind The Village Idiot

Decapitation DPS is actually a very, very small portion of berserker DPS (~15k DPS from autoattack at max AA/level). Still, I welcome maintaining headshot/assassinate in ToL because it means I can slack and my group can still kill fast. ;)
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  18. Decaying_skeleton New Member

I approve for sure. Thank you, Qwalla.
    zleski and Skuz like this.
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Guessing Manticores as well.
  20. Qwalla Developer

Correct! :D