Test Update 4/12/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Enuen Journeyman

Decaying skellies are not only invulnerable to newbie weapons, they're also invulnerable to some guard weapons as well. It's now possible to drag a skellie to a guard and get them into an infinite loop where neither can hurt the other. I've literally been sitting outside Qeynos in the newb yard FOR AN HOUR watching two guards trying to kill a skeleton with no success (until Fabled Fippy got involved).

This change was not well thought out. Make decayed skeletons humanoid, problem solved.
    [IMG]
    Act of Valor, Disil, Dragnath and 8 others like this.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

Then undead spells wouldn't work. Not the best fix. Making undead (and more mob types) vulnerable to non-magic would be preferred here. I suspect we'll find collateral damage on this one for awhile.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

-Magic weapons-
    OH I get it, this is supposed to make it like old times again.

I have to use a second slot for a mage who drops daggers on the ground for me, then hope my main gets online fast enough to pick them up off the ground. What fun.

So my workaround is easy.

Level 1 Mage Spells:
    Summon Magic Dagger - 4 silver
    Summon Food - 4 silver
    Summon Drink - 4 silver

Your class get's a cookie from random ill conceived change - PRICELESS
    Rangers lose headshot targets - Hey it's random, we can't all win the lottery. :rolleyes:
  4. Zish Elder

Incredible.
    Herf likes this.
  5. Truetotheblue Augur

I think the easier solution is just a global flag for mobs under level 7 or 10 this doesn't apply. Gives people a chance to get started and make friends with a mage, or at least gives them more opportunity to either find a camp focused on humanoids for a bit until they make enough to buy a magic weapon from a vendor.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

All Body Types, except Special Damage Targets, below level 10 are damaged by all weapons (no magic requirement)? Does that work?
    Fanra, Waring_McMarrin and klanderso like this.
  7. Zish Elder

What's the point of magic weapon requirements in the first place?

It literally only impacts like the first 20 levels of the game. And then every single weapon is magic.

Stupid requirement, just drop it altogether.
  8. Cadira Augur

So no fix to the lag?
    No Reavers Bargain update?
    No druid heals on -1 timer?
    Had to spend time and resources to break body types which was the only thing making getting aas in ToL tolerable? No reduction in their hp to make it fair?
    Metanis and Allayna like this.
  9. Truetotheblue Augur

They haven't announced the bag packs yet. Maybe they come with Vaniki's Magic Rat Paw and Yelinak's Tooth a magical weapon slightly better than a cracker staff. Get this in the ultra premium bundle that includes everything in the 34.99$ bundle plus these two magical wonders for only 63.74$. Get your leg up on being bored til the next unlock with your bags, pots, and now your starter weapons!
  10. Sup Rog Elder

So what was humanoid that isn't now?
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

There is only one item in the game with this as a bane damage boost. It drops from Emperor Ssraeshza in Shadows of Luclin and is also very rare.

All of the PoP gods/avatars should also have the "Extraplanar" tag. There are only four Luclin bosses that cast a form of DT: Shei Vinitreas, Diabo Xi Xin, Diabo Xi Xin Thall, and Aten Ha Ra. Other than that, you're looking at going all the way back to some original raid bosses and really, just PoSky and fear golems. Of the four Luclin bosses, the two Diabo DT's are only to prevent fighting outside their room.

In reality, all NPC's found/originating from the planes should be flagged "Extraplanar." Even if limiting specifically to being within one of the planes and excluding any instance of said model outside of the planes (except Avatar of Fear in CT and AoW in Kael)

From the D&D definition:
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

So all the elementals in Paw should be flagged Extraplanar? or Elemental? Which brings up a good question, can an NPC be multiple body types at once? Might solve the lvl 1 skellie issue if they were undead and humanoid, though not sure how the magic weapons only logic is applied so might not fix it afterall.
  13. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Think of every single melee attack on a raid mob. (unless they found a better way to code it.)

Is it magic?

Is it magic?

Is it magic?

any opportunity to remove a branch instruction should be taken.
    RPoo, Dre. and Svann2 like this.
  14. Allayna Augur

I think they should add bane akheva to all ToL weapons, both group and raid to mitigate this change to HS/Assassinate personally.
    Kaenneth, Meckwell and Cadira like this.
  15. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

This should be applied to every NPC in Vex Thal (maybe excluding stonegrabbers)

The bane damage on weapons for Grater Akeva should be tripled or quadrupled, as well as the weapon drops in VT having a higher drop rate. I can't think of any time, EVER, that we went out of our way to farm GA bane weaps.. but doing this would sure make clearing VT less of a slog and give those items more meaning.
  16. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Tweakfour17 likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think a better fix would be to remove the magic weapon limitation from all mobs under a set level that way there is no issue regardless of what body type it is.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  18. Qwalla Developer

Ahh... if only :confused: All Akheva in original Vex Thal do have the Greater Akheva body type. In new VT, I originally gave the Akheva the Greater Akheva body type... but something funky happened with them. I forget exactly what it entailed (feels like an eon ago), so I'll see if I can chase down the answer. It was some kind of classic case of, "devs did not think this would be used again 21 years later, so it's tuned specifically for this one zone." New VT Akheva are currently marked as humanoid to avoid whatever that weirdness was, and allow them to be headshot.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Aha, misread that, thanks!
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

are centaurs humanoid or animal ?

How will these changes effect banestrike and slayers ?
    Paladin likes this.