Test Update 4/12/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Rizloner New Member

[IMG]

It's weird when you're not the center of the universe, isn't it?
  2. Rizloner New Member

Problem for Yelinak, but not Vaniki. You can do the tutorial on Vaniki right out of the gates.
  3. Bahdah Augur

My simple dumb post got deleted because I mentioned caster AE's?
    Moege and kizant like this.
  4. DeadRagarr Augur

Yet another reason to go caster on TLP. Those cracked staves are all ours.
    Svann2 likes this.
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

I still have no idea Why they're doing this, and what point delaying our access to things like Auras serves. Shortening Prophecy of Ro for an extra week of DoDh Isn't much of a point because if a guild doesn't want to do Ro content for the full 8 weeks, there's nothing stopping them from sticking with DoDh stuff.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I have a feeling that straightening out the body types is something they have wanted to do for years and finally managed it.

They are doing lots of new content and other stuff. This is the first time in years I've felt that they were putting in some extra stuff (holiday quests, raids, missions, etc.) into EQ. It's a nice feeling.
    Hobitses, Herf, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

I don't think they are doing it to deny you your aura for an extra week. They realized that expansion launches (yes even PoR) are some of the busiest times and that new TLP launches are for sure their busiest times and didn't want 6 TLPs (Aradune/Rizlona, Mischief/Thornblade, Vaniki/Yelinak) all launching at the same time and causing the servers to go down in a burning blaze of glory.
  8. Nessirfiti Augur

Oh Jeeze, I didn't realize that the new TLPs were coming out then. That makes way more sense.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  9. Volgare Journeyman

- Necromancer - Increased the maximum level focus limiter on Flesh to Venom from 115 to 120.

I'm glad this is being fixed, but is there some way it can be changed to not cost mana, or raise minimum mana cost threshold of Heretic's Twincast so it wont eat counters please.
  10. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Their prioritization of issues aside this may actually be a "simple" job to help one or some of the new people get familiar with things. Bringing in new people can actually bring down productivity while they get them up to speed.
    Keeden and Kaenneth like this.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I also wouldn't be surprised it was identified as a performance bottleneck. A short list of body types kept in memory VS a database query for body type.
    Hobitses, Fanra, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  12. Jabnael New Member

Makes those mage summoned weapons actually useful at the launch of a TLP now.
    GNOME_POWER likes this.
  13. GNOME_POWER Augur

Buy a summon dagger from a Mag.
  14. GNOME_POWER Augur

Combine daggers must have been around since the classic era. Save money and buy it.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

So saddened by these two (vicious rabbit and magic weapons requirement):
    -You neutered my rabbit why? Would have been more fun to make it scale, instead nerf it?

-Sure my necro would like a magic weapon to do some meager damage at first, but I can live without it.

But now I need to box a mage so my pet has weapons that work? Every time my pet dies it eats the weapon I had to get summoned or pay for?

If skeletons are 'magic' are my pet's fists magic? Do they need a weapon to be able to damage another skeleton?

Skels drop 'rusty's that I could arm my pet with. Now my pet is better with it's fists than a rusty bastard sword?

What of Monks and Bards? They can't use that summoned dagger. Do monks have a magic weapon/fist available to them at low level?

*edit
    Does Throw Stone still work? Possibly still aggros but does no damage? Throw Stone is magic apparently, still aggros still does damage.
    Zinth likes this.
  16. zleski Augur

Are you upset that they made time to work the thing they previously had to defer?
  17. Zanarnar Augur

Ya I have similar questions.
    --- Will mage/necro pets be invincible if the NPC they're fighting is wielding say Fine steel or similar?
    --- Is every new player starting with magic weapons now? (and all noob weapons/quests/etc now reward magic weapons?)
    If not...
    --- where do you see the point where all players should reasonably have magic weapons on a classic TLP? Have all the non-human/animals been removed from all the zones leading up to that?
    --- Dungeons like Befallen, Unrest, Kurns Tower, and Najena will need re-worked to remove everything immune to magic or they will be empty.
    --- Steamfront (do i even need to elaborate here?)
    --- In the same vein, Field of Bone
    --- I could keep listing starting / noob areas crawling with stuff the players won't be able to damage...

All in all, this change seems to be thought through as well as most of their stuff recently. Which is to say not at all. I look forward to all the whining on the new classic start TLP if this goes through before they launch.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will these be worth doing?

The 23rd anniversary tasks offered nothing but a few PP (not even exp from the achievement) and the mission gave a familiar equivalent to last years expansion and gear worse than what is droping in current missions and from current named.
  19. Zish Elder

The fact that people are actually supporting the change to make starter level 1 NPCs invincible for no reason is hilarious to me.

Like, you all are actually suggesting ways that the player can get around it.. when they shouldn't have to? All this change is going to do is confuse and annoy anyone that attempts to pick up this game.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Do you have to actually speak to him or can you just start using spells?

All he will say to me is
    At level 120 I thought I was done with messing around with this stuff. :(
    Metanis, Hobitses and Velisaris_MS like this.