Test Update 2/14/2014

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Elegist, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep thats what I dislike, I dislike having people join my group while we are working quests, when they cannot get them themselves. I feel they should either lock the zone or let us do progression in the zones we can enter.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

yeh instances
    [Sat Feb 15 21:49:26 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:49:40 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:49:50 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:50:01 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:50:12 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:50:24 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:50:34 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:51:11 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:51:17 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:51:26 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:51:37 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:51:44 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:51:50 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:51:56 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:52:02 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:52:08 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:52:14 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:52:20 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:52:26 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:52:31 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:52:37 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:52:43 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:52:49 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:52:55 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:53:02 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:53:07 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:53:13 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:53:20 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:53:26 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:53:32 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:53:38 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:53:45 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:53:51 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:53:57 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:54:04 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:54:10 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:54:16 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:54:22 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:54:28 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:54:34 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:54:40 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:54:46 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:54:51 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:54:56 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:55:02 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:55:08 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:55:14 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:55:21 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:55:27 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:55:33 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:55:39 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:55:46 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:55:52 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:55:58 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:56:04 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:56:09 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:56:15 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:56:20 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    [Sat Feb 15 21:56:26 2014] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.
    Eventually got the instance...
    It only took making a social and an audio trigger for a strange mystical presence, and letting the social autofire.
    social looked like this
    /pause 15, /say group
    /pause 15, /say enter
    /kickplayer task
    It would be totally awesome if this was looked into? Its making doing Heroic missions nigh impossible, Since they have a 5 MINUTE REQUEST TIMER.
    Luckily we were grinding through ROF missions so the request timer didn't affect us.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe I am confused here but if an instance is having trouble starting up how exactly does chain dropping them and getting another after a short time help?
  4. Ayoheee Augur

My understanding is it doesn't. Whats happening when you have the "blocked" message is your instance is in a queue, best way to handle it is just wait, check back every minute or so. Eventually you'll go from "blocked" message to "strange mystical presence" or w/e. That means your instance is loading.

Are instances being problematic on live too?
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Haven't heard of any but I do know the test server has been very laggy the times I was on after the patch looking at the changes.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sinestra like this.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

You eventually get a good instance, its sometimes faster to just chain request.

If you get the way is blocked, it doesn't go away the instance is bugged and won't ever let you in. I waited an hour last weekend trying to be patient with the Way is blocked. I wasn't so patient last night and just chain requested till i got a good instance.
  7. Jubaii Elder

It would be nice to hear about something being looked into about instances. My guild was trying to request both Ikkinz 4 and Uqua. Now, I do understand we are on the test server, but with how many people this is effecting I think some sort of answer regarding instances is warranted. When requesting, I have went through all the flagging for ikkinz 4 and when requesting last night, I did not even get the above message about it being blocked. It gave me the text as I should have got the instance but didn't. Uqua was the same way. Now, when I requested Ikkinz 4 and it went through (on a previous night, not last night), we had already formed the raid and I was in a full group. I had to disband the raid, get reinvited, put back in a full group and when I tried to request it then.....it went through. I tried the same tactic last night to no avail.

I did see a question asking if this is effecting Live servers as well. I am also curious to about this as well.

Anyway, just some info on how screwy it has been to me lately. I hope to get something done about this because it is frustrating to finally be in instanced content, and not be able to raid.

Thank you for your time
    drkoli and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Archery Lorekeeper

9. Poppinfresh Elder

As previously reported, heroic characters (at least frog monks that I verified) come with pure powersources. One is equipped, and five more are sealed. If this is intentional, does this mean pure powersources will be unlocked for everyone?
    Shimmerleaf likes this.
  10. Connundrum Lorekeeper

I have yet to be able to find any posts regarding heroic characters, how did you verify that heroic characters come with powersources? Id really like to get more info on heroic characters including when they might go to test / live and what they come with gear / spell / PP wise?
  11. Feradach Augur

So is this going live tomorrow as anticipated? Haven't seen any official announcement yet...
  12. Ffalin New Member

Not sure if anyone will see this, but if you are a warrior do not reset/auto enable aa's you will get an aa called rapid defiance, which according to alla doesn't even exist anymore, this will break your warlord's tenacity.
    Wiji and Dzarn like this.
  13. JChan Developer

Yes. Thanks for checking though.
  14. JChan Developer

Actually, spamming / chain requesting is hurting you and other people from spawning instances. Due to the popularity of the Test server, we're running at a higher overall CPU load (during peak hours) than we have budgeted. When this happens we simply block from spawning dynamic zones. However, we're still processing the requests to spawn zones (which when spammed only increases the CPU load).

Once the CPU load drops below the limit we start spawning instances again. We've just increased the limit for the Test server so that should give a little more wiggle room, but in really heavy load times we'll probably hit that limit as well.
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

May I suggest placing a message for Test (and Live servers if this also happens) when you request an instance and it is queued?

Something to the effect of, "Due to server limits, your instance is queued and will be spawned as soon as possible. Chain requesting will only slow this down. Sorry for the inconvenience and your instance will be spawned in the order requested."

Any other information (estimated time before spawning, some kind of message to the group / raid telling them when it has finally spawned, etc.) would be an additional bonus as well.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

I was not aware of that actually or I wouldnt spam request lol.
  17. JChan Developer

This is something that we can look into adding. Putting in a queue isn't difficult, the time consuming part is reviewing all of the locations that call a zone spawn to make sure they can handle a queue properly.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Players with leadership AA's in Mana and HP enhancement no longer receive additional stats either in a group of 3 or solo, I would assume the additional regen is missing as well but that isn't so easy to check.

While I don't mind others getting what I paid for, I dislike losing something even if the gains are not large. This needs to either be left in for players to get under leadership AAs, given to everyone or find a way to give players a refund.
  19. Riou EQResource

The Leadership benefits should be auto rolled into a new AA in General section, I forget its name offhand, everyone gets it auto granted to them.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then the AA isn't working and needs fixing.

I made a note of my stats ungrouped on live and copied over to test. Stats were identical to those on Live, group of 3 and the stats stayed the same, I even zoned to make sure my stats got updated, nothing changed.