Test Update 12/2/2014

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Elricvonclief Augur

Chests at the end of TDS missions! This will make it MUCH easier for folks trying to do progression.:D

Great addition, looking forward to seeing this live.
    Stickietoes and Lisandra like this.
  2. Edrick Augur

Thanks for the confirmation again. By the way, did you get my rather long-winded PM about the audio issue I sent a couple weeks ago sir?
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

Awww the Combine set is raid-only? :(
    EDIT: oh and thank you for the Parrot fix! But...serious question. When are you gonna make it talk?! Of every item in EQ, the Skeletal Parrot is the most deserving of being having the Item Speech feature imo! Speaking of, has any item even had item speech since it was put in with DoDH?
    Nightmares and Yinla like this.
  4. Cerris Augur

Heor`Otor the Prismatic Calamity was a regular chatterbox, and that was SoF. Can't think of any since then.
  5. Rainbowdash Augur

Oh that's right, SoF did have item speech items too. SoF had so many great items :( The evolving items etc. Even evolving dropped off after SoF and only recently made a resurgence with RoF/CoTF and they are quite different than they were back then!
  6. guado Augur

[group]

is not the keyword to request the group task from Firiona. This is in Katta B and Arx Mentis. Test Server.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. DJMAD New Member

Can't get past the zone in to endless song. There is no water. The zone out isn't present either. I don't know what else is missing cuz I can't get past the zone-in in endless song o_O
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. guado Augur

Captain Tita's Ghost, the first One-Off raid in Arx Mentis has not been adjusted.

It is impossible to gear up a raid force without being able to clear these each and every week. Rank 3 abilities are also drastically scarce. Every guild participating has deemed the One-Off over tuned. The final wave at the end of the event needs to be looked at: the spawned enemies' max hit is too high, and they do not succumb to crowd control.

I know Absor is responsible for the raids. And I suppose it was a greater priority to fix the "Reset, Fail, and You Win" bug rather than tuning the One-Off Raid.

After typing all of the above, I really just want to be reasonable...

I can live with the raid not being tuned for the December update.

Having said that, please, does anyone (developer, admin, what-have-you) have any info regarding:

1) Is the current difficulty at the end intended / is it going to remain how it is?
    2) When / can we expect this to be tuned?

As always, your time is appreciated. Thanks for making EverQuest, EverQuest.
    Elricvonclief and Bonethuggin like this.
  9. guado Augur

I was able to rocket boot out of the first hole in Caverns, this is applying to all water in Caverns of Endless Song.
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Correct. This will be available in the future, but needed to go in this patch to be available when it is happening.
    Lisandra and Riou like this.
  11. Teren New Member

Agreed with those that posted above. One-off 1a (Tita's Ghost) seriously needs to be looked at. When even RoI says it is overtuned....you might want to look at the raw data from that event.
    Bonethuggin likes this.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

1) It was intended to be a very "high bar and simple" raid. In many ways similar to "classic" EQ raids. I.E. difficult by the amount of damage it can give and absorb, and the way it gives and absorbs that damage, not difficult by its mechanics.
    2) At this time I know of no plans to further adjust it.

As you know by now, my answer to 2 means it is one of the things where we are not going to make a quick reactionary change. (It also means... I don't know the thoughts and plans of everyone on the team)
    guado likes this.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I am reporting this to the appropriate people. I was able to duplicate this. Thanks for the report.
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

I don't mind a challenge, but the problem is you are cutting out the vast majority of guilds in eq from beating these raids.

A month should be a long enough period to go, we have X guilds that should have the gear to beat it, and Y guilds have.

Very little was given this year, which was expected when going from staggered release to a full expansion, but there are really no raids for your mid tier. Keeping these one offs just for the top 10 or so guilds is just doing even worse damage to the raiding state of the game.

Everyone has their opinions and I was hoping that there would be at least one or two raids for those from COTF t1a/b that don't complete the expansion, which is the case for many guilds to gear up on to try and take on the rest of the expansions raids. Much like VoA was, where many guilds beat T1, T2, and one or 2 in T3. This expansion doesn't give anything to the mid tier, everything seems to be for the very top end. I was reading in beta hoping that raid 1 and the first one off raid was going to be those raids, but it doesn't seem to be that way.

Last time an expansion was done to cater to the top end, underfoot, it was a bust. This expansion seems to be one catered to the top end in raids, and to the very best geared/played in the end zones with 20k hitters. I don't see this going well for the vast majority of eq players over a year long expansion.
    Lisandra and Bonethuggin like this.
  15. Axxius Augur

All ranks of [38422-4] Ethereal Manipulation still don't work with wizard spells from TDS.
    Nightmares and Shiea like this.
  16. Shang Augur

In beta, dzarn posted that he lowered the damage of the adds on the encounter.

I don't think that ever made it into the game, fyi.
    Xeladom, Edrick and Axxius like this.
  17. Bonethuggin New Member

Super weak decision. There's no reason for this off-raid to be this difficult given 1) reduced number of raids in this expansion 2) reduced drop rates on raid chests 3) you only get one attempt per week.

Guilds need to be beating this in order to gear their raid rosters (see Maeryn's loot projections post) and SOE is happy to sit on its hand and "wait-and-see".
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Also note: I am not the last word on this. I am just conversing about it, and speaking about what I understand of the topic.
  19. Shiea Augur

The way it is now, it's actually a really fun raid and not really much of anything needs to be adjusted except for the damage output of the vitali/ledalis adds. And also Tita is supposed to reset her dmg that ramps up at intervals when the next wave spawns, but she is not doing that, just constantly powering up from 100%.

The lack of power up reset is not really a major issue though, it is primarily those 2 specific sets of adds (ledalis and vitali) that need their dmg looked at and possibly adjusted slightly.
  20. Maeryn Augur

What players understand about the topic is that only RoI has beaten the raid using "conventional tactics" a guild that defeated pre-nerf Plane of War and hasn't shown any slippage since. If Ghost is going to be balanced against RoI then just delete the raid and have a script spawn a 2nd Chest on a Defense of the City win if Qulas is in the dz.

If it's not intended to be balanced against RoI and "unconventional tactics" aren't the intended way to defeat the raid it needs tuning. Unless you think it's some massive conspiracy by Inverse, Triton, SoD, RoV and such to pretend like the raid is really hard just to get it nerfed down to complete pushover status the last month has provided more than enough data.

Go check every win of Captain Tita's Ghost and find the shortest duration for a guild other than RoI. I'm genuinely curious, don't want to know the name of the guild, just what's the fastest anyone other than RoI has defeated the raid? Even if you're not willing to share this information with the public I don't see how it's possible for you to consider the event properly tuned based on the answer to that question.