Test Update 12/14/20 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Sumteengex Journeyman

Niente , as someone who plays both on live and test i remember how bad test was earlier in the year and at times int he past and recently theres been very little in the way of bugs, and i think a good chunk of the test server community ( myself being one of them ) appreciates the work done to increase its stability. i personaly would rather things take a bit longer to get fixxed right rather than not,sadly theres those on the test server that are use to getting things handed to them and throw tempter tantrums when thats taken away for longer than a few days, and i appologize for those people and thank you and the rest of the team for your work.
    Shanarias and Thunderbuddy32 like this.
  2. xmPradah Not a dude

Niente,

I don't really play on live much these days, but understand the patches impact live as well as TLPs. Is there a way to test the zones in their various TLP states? Aside from bugs reports, how are these found/reported?
    I've probably been a thorn in a lot of people's side regarding the Trak guts issue on Riz lately, and it made me wonder if this could have been identified before the patch? I do have characters on Test, but it doesn't seem testing for TLPs is really an option there?

TIA
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I apologize for my rudeness and outburst a few days ago. Unfortunately I can't delete it or take it back. I will work on being calm, cool and collected again and try not to be a jerk here or in game.

I am not going to go into detail but I have had an exceptionally rough year both as a citizen of the world like everyone and personally with several family health issues, financial issues and just general depression & anxiety from all of that.

Pip, Niente, Klanderso and anyone else who I disrespected with my comments - I am truly sorry. I let my emotions and frustration get the better of me and you folks didn't deserve that. I've been an advocate for Test for a long time and the issue with /testcopy has been frustrating but it's not a matter of fault or something to blame anyone for. I shouldn't have been so impatient and just waited for the patches.

Thank you for putting up with us knuckleheads and keeping the game we love functioning and around for us to continue to play and enjoy.
  4. Siraj Lorekeeper

Why is it that test is updated with LIVE build and not the other way around? It's no wonder there are always SO MANY BUGS. Please write unit tests and actually make use of the test servers before deploying buggy code. Thanks from all the many players that (really, really want to enjoy your game, but sometimes cannot) pay for subscriptions.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have enough issues trying to get the computer to talk to the printer. :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work, we may get frustrated at times and throw toys out the pram, but we do appreciate you all. :)
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Large characters are causing world crashes?

Ogres & Trolls can't just go on a slimfast plan you know...

(I know she meant Large Character files such as those that have completed the Artisan Prize and a huge amount of trade-skill recipes, have loads & loads of achievements etc.)
    minimind and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Sylanos_Test New Member