Test Update 12/07/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Dec 6, 2016.

1. EQ Dev Developer

December 7, 2016

*** Items ***

- Icesprite Familiar will now summon a familiar and fit in the keyring.
    - Master's Token of Command will properly scale as you kill rare NPC's in EoK.
    - Removed backstab from the various Sulstone of the Thoughtful as these are caster only augments and are not usable by rogues. Similarly removed backstab from the various Sulstone of the Fighter as these are slashing only augments, and backstab requires piercing weapons.
    - Corrected the description for the Visage of the Hideous Harpy.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Corrected a bug that prevented ranks 4-13 of Brewing Mastery from functioning as intended.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Atrebe's Vault (raid and group mission) - the spells used in these events now have appropriate descriptions.
    - For the task Of Pirates and Men, the compass will again be granted for completing the first three steps to kill pirates and open crates in the ship's cargo hold.
    - Made several changes to the 17th Anniversary Event Captain Krasnok Krasnok and the Fists of Hate summon only after they have been damaged, rather than immediately. Fixed a bug with the spell Hate's Furies: increased recast time from 7.6 seconds to 46 seconds. Sweeping Scimitar radius reduced from 150 to 120. Two more people can stand safely inside each bubble. Bubbles should always appear inside the playable area. Added a decal to the bubbles to make them a bit more visible.
    - Repaired a bug that could cause the Summoner Ring event in Kod'Taz to fail when deranged golems would spawn under the world.
    - Fixed a bug that allowed Aura of the Kar'Zok to land on pets.
    - Fixed and issue that would prevent the final step of Curing the Cure from working in any zone.
    - Fixed an issue that could cause The Mechalossus in the S.H.I.P Workshop to die and not give task credit.
    - The ring event in Cazic-Thule should now respawn properly. Note: properly is every 6 days.
    - Fixed The Cost of Balance mission in Arx Mentis. Now the key generators can be picked or fought to be destroyed.
    - Fixed an issue with the Half Traps achievement in the Emollious fight. It was possible to fail the achievement by using the same trap multiple times, it was counting each use of any trap, rather than whether or not you used two distinct traps.

*** Spells ***

- Fixed an issue that prevented invisibility from breaking charm spells if a player had a familiar buff active.
    - Summon Armored Frontier Rhinoceros, Wurmslayer's Guard, Scale Gnashing, Obulous Strike, Obulous Soothing, Gather Umbra, Binding Leaf, Manisi Balm, Woven Thorns, and Summon Golden Frontier Rhinoceros now have casting text.
    - Enchanter - Spells in the Strangle line and the Baffling Constriction line will now do less initial damage than before since that initial damage can now hit for critical values.
    - Beastlord - Lowered the amount of initial damage dealt by the Scorpion Venom and Edoth's Chill spell lines since they can now hit for critical damage.
    - Druid - Sharp Eyes and Eyes of the Winter Hawk can now allow you to see invisible level 3.
    - Magician - Worlu's Prying Eyes now allow the user to see invisible level 3.
    - Magician and Wizard - Aspect of Zomm will allow you to see invisible level 3.
    - Ranger - Skylight Sagacity will allow you to see invisible level 3.
    - Enchanter - Removed incorrect references to damage risk on Perilous Disorientation Reprisal and Perilous Bafflement Reprisal.
    - Magician - Corrected Chaotic Fire Jolt so that it will correctly lower your opponent's hatred for you.

*** AA ***

- Fixed an error with Essence of the Dragon that prevented it from working for bards, monks, rogues, and warriors.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Fixed a typo that still stated in the error message that you need The Darkened Sea to use the stat slot for the mount key ring instead of stating the need of the mount key ring.
    - Addressed an issue that caused Guild Looking for Players to no longer function.

*** UI ***

- Fixed an issue with advanced looting that was causing the wrong items to be left on the corpse since the previous patch.
    - - This also fixes an old issue that would rarely cause one of the never marked items not leave on corpse.
    - Dynamic zone replay times not associated to a particular event will now display 'Replay Timer' in the Event Name column of the expedition window rather than a blank space.
    - Sorted the entries in the EQ-button menu alphabetically and created a new category for the 10 hotkey windows.
    - Added a "Print Items" button to the Item Display window which will print the names of items inside housing crates to the chat window. Note that this button will only show up if an item contains real estate items.

- Changed -
    EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- The Summoning of Droga (raid) - The Incarnate Droga will no longer cast Blood Splash without an associated warning and a way to avoid the effect.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Ghubuk Augur

I was under the impression this patch was going to fix the no experience problem when killing golem mob types in EoK (something about exp overrun). Did this not happen?
  3. Brudal Augur

Doesn't the Test Server get a global xp mod? Wonder if it was modified to work on live but would break during xp weekends and such.
  4. Zekster Journeyman

VERY COOL!!!
    THANK YOU

The shamans also had a spell that was able to see through SoS.
    -Shamans pact of the wolf AA also enabled the shamans to see SoS2

--Tobrins Eyepatch of Plunder was a fun way to get SoS target also...I thiiink it was Sharp Eyes on it already...but I dont have item and alla doesnt show stat properly

5. Zaviere Augur

What about half of the augs for this expansion that still aren't dropping? Any chance of those being put on their proper loot tables with the next live patch?
    Slippry and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Roguexx Journeyman

Can you at least make it so pets cannot be sent on rogues while SOS until the SOS is broken by spell/melee attack? Sending pets onto people from across the zone is the only issue I have with this SOS change.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I got the two in that were reported to me, Emblem of the Combine and Deep Mine Bulwark. If there are more they may have to wait. I just fixed this yesterday, so I probably did not make the test patch, definitely not the patch notes.
    Sancus and Zaviere like this.
  8. fransisco Augur

Why nerf everyone?
    If you can detect them, you should be able to attack them in any method.
    Plus, pets can't attack across the zone. They have a range limit of about spell range.
  9. Zaviere Augur

Sent ya a message with other augs that seem to be missing!
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Is there a fix for Golems in t2 not giving xp?
    Orbital101 likes this.
  11. Puzzling Journeyman

Since your nerfing the only decent thing you gave BL's, maybe you will consider lowering the mana cost. As OP as the dots were, they ran you OOM in under 60 seconds, which seemed like the point of having monsterous DD/Dots.

without the beautiful DD, it will just revert back to normal garbage that people use "sometimes"
  12. Brohg Augur

lolwut?
    gotwar likes this.
  13. Minato Augur

Nobody is gonna mention the elephant in the room not getting "fixed?" or buffing other classes if not?
  14. Skvoid Elder

The giant axe swinging elephant that likes to go into blind rages, that has its new DPS disc up permanently with no cooldown, would that be the elephant you are talking about?
  15. Orbital101 Augur

16. Wizdons Augur

IDK bard dicho was a pretty big freaking elephant... went on for what 8+ months? im sure some elephants will be able to live on for some time and one day fixed. at that point it will be much worse effect.
  17. Riou EQResource

That current elephant has been going on for like 13 months now though :p
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

More than that. There were some other gear I found not dropping.
    It looks like I accidentally put the type 5 augments that are meant for other methods of acquisition than direct drop on rare NPC's/Chests in the spot of a bunch of gear and augs. (The T1 type 5 from vendor, the T2 from a global in expansion type drop... not specific NPC drop) So I removed them from the rare NPC's and put in the intended gear and augs.
    This should make the live patch.
  19. Skvoid Elder

Exactly leaving abilities that overpowered in game for so long makes the nerf when it comes even more painful, better to fix things early than let people get used to using them in their broken form for so long.
  20. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Any thoughts on upgrading Worlu's Windcloak?

Worlu's Windcloak Vanish
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 5s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Invisibility (Enhanced 2)
    Text: You vanish.

It's a 1 charge clicky summoned from Cauldron of Many Things. The invis can break early.