Test Update 12/06/2013

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Dec 6, 2013.

1. iniari-TR Augur

I agree a very bad "fix"

it does absolutely nothing to address the basic issue of zones being laggy due to a player beam kiting as they can move to a different zone or kite mobs that do not summon.

It does greatly affect wizards , druids, necro's that rely on root / nuke kiting / dot kiting to solo.

mass killing is not the problem. it was the type and scale that causes lag that is the issue.

headshot / decap , etc was addressed in a simple manor.
    a simple solution is to limit the number of mobs affected by beam to 8 mobs same as wiz spell.

the dev's reply that root kiting still exists you just have to be careful of which mobs, is not a solution.
    you have just limited the number of kitable mobs per zone. - which will lead to more friction among players.

I wish dev's would work with the community for a fix to issues instead of making "drastic" changes and then telling us to deal with it.
    Eviara likes this.
  2. Tarrin Augur

I know what I will be doing a whole lot less of starting this week.

Playing EverQuest.

If I can't adequately quad kite during off hours, I will stop logging in.
  3. Songsa Augur

Piestro please, please oh please dont play with words like that ... You know like me that not giving further ranks of assassinate/headshot/decap means stagnating it for it to be not useable to gain xp so it was a BIG BIG NERF especially when some classes espcially rogues have no other way to solo xp.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The president was already set, when they nerfed wizzys beams years ago (to 8 targets), why are mages so special?
    But they didn't just nerf the beams they nerfed the PBAE's so killing greys takes forever.
    I've had half the guild wizzys telling me they are quitting due to SOEs double standards.

Can we get a con message added to the mobs which summon and are non snareable, no one is going to remember which summon now and which don't, its not like its all of one model type.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No, why should trash mobs have special abilities? They are just trash after all. That is like saying some should have AE rampage. Kiters already have to deal with unsnareable mobs, where are the anti melee mobs to stop they moloing?

Ethernere all but the blue con mobs either summon or are unsnareable, and they are very few and far between. Ethernere was the only open zone this expansion, it seriously looks like SOE are trying to kill off kiting altogether.

EQ is very rapidly turning into a game I don't want to play anymore, and I'm not the only one.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So mages won't be getting any new beam spells, when we finally start getting level increases?
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But it doesn't fix it, it just moves the problem.
    Rashari likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we either get a toggle for this or get the button removed from the actions window or even just move it so it isn't next to the sit button?

Yet again yesterday I hit the camp button instead of sit in the action window, at least as it is now I can cancel it before I camp out.
  9. Rashari Elder

Dear Piestro,

thank you very much for your detailed explanation. I know you are not the one to make
    those decisions, but you are the one communicating between playerbase and devs
    in a very efficient way.

I personally still think that the Magician Beam Line should have been nerfed instead
    of going back 2 expansions and make some mob types summon, when they never
    did before. The explanation of "they should have summoned from the beginning"
    is like skating on thin ice...I can understand for CotF, but not for RoF and even less,
    for VoA expansion. It's just too old to be declared as an "oversight".

Plus, the problem (zone lag via masskilling) is not solved and only shifted to other zones
    in VoA, RoF, CotF or even SoD.
    And what then?
    A new "nerf", officially stated as "mobs were intended to summon from the beginning,
    we just forgot it while Seeds of Destruction was current content"?

Ok, fine. BUT:
    Why is every mass killing ability okish to the devs, even the mage one - and why doesn't wizard beam get "unnerfed" then?
    Doesn't look fair to me at all. I really do miss an official statement here.
    Naugrin likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Do these all now have their own designated spawn spots?

If not this will be particularly bad in places like Valley of Luna, when oashim as the daily target and it could easily end up with just mature oashim up as they share spawn spots.

Failing that can we have zone resets in these zones every week please? To get a mixture of mobs and not just the ones which summon.
    Naugrin likes this.
  11. Bluejaye Elder

when does this mess go live?
  12. Gragas Augur

Stagnation is still stagnation no matter how you word it.

To not give further ranks= not developing more ranks to keep it current once these current mobs become trivial and light blue.

Same thing for finishing blow.
  13. Major_Death_01 New Member

Player made weapons in CotF are still NO DROP?!?!?!?!
    Thanks for fixing the armor but could you please fix the weapons now?
  14. Charrisx Journeyman

Can one of the Devs please list the new details for this Discipline?
  15. Tyar of The Rathe New Member

Can anyone confirm if this changes the ridiculously low drop rate of red cups?
  16. Reviled Elder

I understand the changes to mobs in open zones, but please explain why this should effect instances?? If zone disruption is the root problem, and not the amount of AA gain, then allow the beamers and kiters the opportunity to utilize instances ...
  17. Dandin Augur

I'm pretty sure the change is based on mob type. Based on name variant. I don't think they can do one but not the other
  18. Reviled Elder

It sounds like with a few of the mobs, they are just adding a summoning variant. If thats the case, they could just replace a portion of the normal mobs in open zones with the 'darker tinted' summoning variant, and leave the rest. This would allow more flexibility than making a wholesale change to a specific mobtype properties that effects all spawns of that mob.
  19. Daislet Augur

Mobs in those zones are now summoning because the developers feel it is the solution to mage beam kiting.

Thats seems a pretty extreme solution. Changing zones because of an ability.

They could have left Beam of Molten Slag as is (i.e 1k damage) for killing all those grey cons that they obviously need the ability for.
    And then changed the others Beams to a 20 target limit. Which is still absolutely fine for all raids, and would net mages a similiar xp rate to that of SK's. (25AA per 20-30mins).

Instead all zones are going to now include summoning mobs and all future zones will do also.
  20. Songsa Augur

Same than before but for all melee skills and not only backstab.