Test Update 12/04/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Shor New Member

To show the test only login again you need to validate your files. Should show the test option, but then logging in is another thing
  2. segap Augur

Just think about how useful of a change this is for a server without mercs. Sort of makes sense on the timing.
  3. kizant Augur

I can't login any of my characters to Test. I get an error about only being allowed to have one per client but I have zero. :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Gumby Augur

/tell Gumby Gumby -vs- Test One Hundred Three: -- DMG: 2150120 -- DPS: 2986 -- Scaled: 2986 -- Kick: 2150120 -- % dmg as normal: 69.7% -- % dmg as critical: 30.3% -- Non-crit rate: 70.8% -- crit rate: 29.2% -- Attempts: 563 -- Hits: 506 -- Missed: 57 -- Accuracy: 89.9% -- Avg Hit: 4249 -- Max hit: 76143 -- DMG to PC: 0

and

Test One Hundred Three on 12/5/2015

Gumby - 14
    --- Thunderfoot III - 14

Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.3

I still don't see how this is fixed. It's not like I ran this all night long, but 720 seconds should be enough to see some type of % close to 12% as the AA window says.

And only 14 procs is LIGHT YEARS away from a 12% chance to proc still.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Xicararn Journeyman

same issue as kizant, soon as i hit play everquest at the server select i get an error message, the world server has denied your login request. this world only allows a maximum of one account on a machien at a time. well im tyring to log in just one character...
  6. Dake New Member

Can not even log one account on.....can we get this fixed?
  7. Tippylulu New Member

I can't log in today. Says I can only have one account on one machine and that's all I have!
  8. torach Journeyman

Same issue as Kizant and Xic and others. This is stupid, please don't try out your progression code on a server that isn't progression. Do a beta or something.
  9. kizant Augur

Just FYI. My workaround was to change my mac address. Now it let's me login all three.
  10. JChan Developer

We just forced a cleanup and are pushing a build to address the login issue now. The server will be coming down in about 30 minutes.
  11. Bugfinder New Member

Is it a long downtime?? deciding on going to bed (here in the uk) or staying up for more eq
  12. JChan Developer

Test is back up. We've also turned off the one account per machine at a time.
  13. Pirlo Augur

Wait a minute...

So I can do a group of mage, cleric, bard, and invite my rogue and zerker friends to dps the mob while the air pet tanks???

Waaaat? :):):):eek:

[IMG]
    PrathunEQ and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Zalamyr Augur

That was kinda my thought as well. I like the idea myself, but it's definitely gonna reopen a can of worms. Now that pet tanking can be used in a larger variety of situations, it does blur the class role lines even further. I'm just hoping they don't follow this up with a nerf to pet survivability, defeating the entire purpose. At this point I think I've seen too many sudden nerfs that seeing something this positive makes me wonder, "Ok, what's the catch?"

I'm curious if a dev could comment on the design decision to finally let this happen again after all these years. I'll reiterate that I really like the potential change, but I'm super curious as to what triggered this.

Edit: Side note, everybody is talking about mages, but it seems like beastlords should be pretty excited about this, since they could actually stand toe to toe with their pet while solo.
  15. Bugfinder New Member

Pirlo, it does mean that all my caster toons who have terrible weapon skills finally stand a chance of beating on mobs while the pet tanks... I love this change
  16. Silv Augur

After the 'Great pet nerf battle of 2014' Beastlords and Necros have enough sense to keep their mouth shut - whether it be a positive or negative change.

If anything it's probably a bone to the new TLP server (surprise surprise) so that there is even less reason to have to box a tank etc. if you have a pet class available.
  17. torach Journeyman

The gamma thing is weird. Now my gamma is fine in game, but once I log out my entire system is dark as anything. What gives? :p

Prior to the 12/4 patch gamma would be dark in game until about halfway through between char select and entering the world.

Please fix! :p
  18. Venalin Journeyman

Still getting kicked off of test when loading up multiple accounts. Tried validating game files, still no luck. Anyone else having issues with this?
  19. Iila Augur

Will Test server players complaining that their server is being used to test things ever stop being funny?
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

The fact that it's broken and causing people to be locked out completely from being able to log in any character regardless of the amount seems to be the primary complaint. Luckily for me I haven't tried to play in several days so I haven't had to personally deal with it but those that have do make a fair point.

Test is a place to test changes to the entire game. It shouldn't have been the place they tested the changes to a single server without at least letting the players know well in advance that it was coming and working more closely in game and on the forum with the active players on Test to iron out the bugs.

A couple of brief patch notes and a few responses are better than nothing but still miss the mark in my opinion. The way they handled the 16th anniversary task bugs and the auto loot system changes is a great example of how they should do these sort of tests.