Test Update 11/22/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Frakius New Member

Not sure this is the place to ask, but why are mages so far ahead, they use DD nukes like Wizards not dots, are pets that powerful currently?
  2. kizant Augur

They received the same DD increase given to help Wizards for ToL even though they didn't need it and were already in a good spot. At the same time pets got a large increase as well. Plus they have an AA that makes their beams a little too strong to amplify the issue.
    minimind and Mongol311 like this.
  3. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

OH BUT WAIT, we got a new evac, thats useful, right? RIGHT?!
  4. ShadowMan Augur

Mages are to powerful due to storm of the many focus AA, burn tool duration for some stuff being 2 to 4 minutes in duration, bard synergy and burn tools impacted some of their AE spells. All while every single raid is designed to be AE'd.

I believe mages beams or some AE spells are the only ones in game that somehow turn a single bard synergy counter of 220,000 x 1 damaged added into 220,000 x 8 from a single cast, if there are enough targets.
  5. kizant Augur

I agree but I think everyone realizes Mages are too strong and there's no point in Wizards also trying to be too strong. Besides I'd rather compare Wizards to other DPS focused classes like Zerkers and Rogues. Not pet classes.
  6. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

I think its more relevant to comp wizards to other caster DPS classes, namely NEC and MAG, both of which are still way way ahead. I don't think we're gonna see much more 'tuning down' of the other caster DPS classes from here, so what does 'too strong' really mean?
  7. TooLo New Member

Eh. I think mage pets are the worst of the three true pet classes. You can't equip them as well as necros and beastlord, since they already come geared.
  8. menown Augur

You can equip mage pets just as well. It may be more expensive to equip them with similar DPS gear, but you can still do it.
  9. kizant Augur

It's arbitrary but I don't think a 15% or 20% difference is too strong given how hard a game like this is to tune. However, we do see 40% or more happening regularly from a few classes and that's what I consider too strong for sure.