Test Update 11/09/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 9, 2021.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

they are associated with quests
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Shindius like this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We will adjust that appropriately. The quest included going to them ABOUT soulstones, which will no longer be on sale, so the quest will change.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

+1 +10 coming from an ogre.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And, on further check. (The Designer that made the changes was out yesterday) The quest that included them changed from disciple to priest, along with appropriate text changes :) So the quest was already changed to include their absence.
    Thunderkiks and Derd like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It works very well, just ran an alt thru it and actually seems to be streamlined.

Guess it was never a bug and they must have changed it before removing the npc.:D
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There are numerous merchants who sell nothing and exist solely for players to sell stuff to them.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are there? I am not aware of any that spawn with no inventory and was just providing a theory about why a set of merchants that just had their entire purpose removed would be removed from the game.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They are typically in older non-city zones. A few had a dual purpose as being part of a Quest which named them as a merchant, but the main reason they ever existed was to sell stuff to without having to run all the way back to the cities. But there are several of them. The whole removal of these merchants does not make any sense to be at all, even if they no longer sell things they still served a purpose in the guild lobby as someplace for players to sell items to.

l don't understand the point behind the removal of a plat sink either.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Can you provide some examples of merchants that have no inventory and do not have other things such as quests associated with them?
    CatsPaws likes this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Not without running through a bunch of old zones. I couldn't tell you the names of most merchants in the game as I don't know the names most of the time.