Test Update 10/9/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Spellfire Augur

On Live:
    Scent of Terris IX - NEC/254
    Poison (-128)
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 45
    2: Decrease Fire Resist by 145
    3: Decrease Poison Resist by 145
    4: Decrease Disease Resist by 145
    5: Decrease Corruption Resist by 108
    6: Decrease Magic Resist by 145

On Test:
    Scent of Terris - NEC/52
    Poison
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 9
    2: Decrease Fire Resist by 36
    3: Decrease Poison Resist by 36
    4: Decrease Disease Resist by 36

It is really disheartening to see lvl 110 character casting lvl 52 spell (Scent of Terris). One would think that magic users increased their skill while they were leveling up, but no, slackers still at 52 :oops: ....
    Inga, moogs, Fcseven XIII and 5 others like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

[55424/10732] Splash of Depuration Rk. III
    Classes: PAL/108
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 2801
    Target: Target Ring AE
    Range: 100', AE Range: 50'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 1s, Recast: 18s, Timer: 2, Rest: 1.5s
    Hate: 100
    Max Targets: 6
    1: Increase Current HP by 3271
    2: Decrease Poison Counter by 29
    3: Decrease Poison Counter by 29
    4: Decrease Disease Counter by 30
    5: Decrease Disease Counter by 30
    6: Decrease Curse Counter by 24
    7: Decrease Curse Counter by 24
    8: Decrease Corruption Counter by 18
    9: Decrease Corruption Counter by 18
    10: Dispel Detrimental (7% Chance) up to level 110
    11: Dispel Detrimental (7% Chance) up to level 110

Isn't curing...multiple different debuffs including:

[26928/6307] Clamor of Tashan Rk. III
    Classes: ENC/87
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 40
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 1s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 14m+ (140 ticks), Dispelable: No
    Hate: 1200
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 1% to 11% (Before Crit)
    2: Decrease Magic Resist by 87
    4: Increase Poison Counter by 1
    5: Limit Max Level: 90 (lose 10% per level)
    6: Limit Effect: Current HP
    7: Limit Resist: Lowest
    8: Limit Type: Detrimental
    9: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    10: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
  3. Wulfhere Augur

This might be the (serious) bug if you're testing on more then 6 targets.

The Rank 3 of all paladin splash spells have a max targets = 6, which is obviously a mistake. By way of comparison, Ranks 1 and 2 have max targets of zero. This looks like a long standing data error that may have been activated by a recent patch.

Easy to test and confirm with 2 paladins casting rank 1/2 vs rank 3 and observe the healing and curing effects on a small raid of say 7 people. One of them will be left out.
  4. Allayna Augur

This is on live btw. Obviously a bug and hopefully not a ninja nerf to an AE splash ability, also, only 6 people in the group, wouldn't cure off 1 poison counter.
  5. Sancus Augur

Was the poison counter only on one member of the group? It's possible something like NPCs, auras, etc are counting towards the 6 targets.
  6. Allayna Augur

Tested a bit more. Alone. Unable to cure simple debuffs with splash. The max target weird change to only Rank III versions of the splash aside, being unable to cure anything with this spell atm. Please look into paladin splash as there is no listed db string changes.

https://spells.eqresource.com/rawspells.php?id=55423

VS

https://spells.eqresource.com/rawspells.php?id=55424

No target limit on Rk II or I but suddenly a restriction to 6 targets on Rk III.
    Despite no db changes, this spell is in fact different as of about 2-3 weeks ago.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Have you tested a rank 1 or 2 spell? I can personally affirm that rank 2 is curing just fine.

The max target count on those rank 3 spells is not sudden. It's been in the spdat since 2009 according to Lucy (it has a long history). What I'm suggesting is that this old data bug has been recently activated by a patch and interfering with the rank 3 spells. A theory.

2009 was when the original splash was being nerfed for being "over powered" on raids.

Looking at the level 83 variant:

Rank 1: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=19853&source=Live
    Rank 2: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=19854&source=Live
    Rank 3: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=19855&source=Live

We can see that the spells were originally without max targets. Then they went through the 2009 nerfs to curing and removing detrimentals. Looking at rank 1 we see:

2009-07-13 17:39 Changed Maxtargets from 0 to 10
    2009-10-06 15:43 Changed Maxtargets from 10 to 6
    2009-11-09 17:33 Changed Maxtargets from 6 to 9
    2009-12-12 00:14 Changed Maxtargets from 9 to 6
    2010-06-07 15:43 Changed Maxtargets from 6 to 0

This pattern history of change to max targets is true for ranks 1 and 2 and 3, but the last revert back to zero was never done on rank 3. This data error has been propagated forward over the years to higher level versions of the spells via copy&paste development process.

ps: I remember a time several years ago when a rank 3 bug like this was noticed before. Anyone?
  8. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Just last night was curing my paladin and a guildy running through Solteris with me of the Gargoyle illusion/"DT" debuff. Usually had a bunch of adds near us as I cast splash.

I definitely don't have RK3 on my pallly, though.
  9. Lianeb Augur

Confirmed last night ranks 1 and 2 are at least curing tash off a single player, rank 3 is not curing tash on a single player
  10. Gaewele New Member

What is this, even? Is it a nerf, or an honest mistake? Could we get a red to grace us with thoughts and words? Is there reasoning behind this, or is someone trying to impress someone by being a maverick? This makes no sense, and try as I might, there's almost no way this can make any sense.
    Felicite likes this.
  11. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

So necros are getting magic and corruption debuffs taken away with this next patch? This will be a huge disadvantage to soloing necs. I ask this change be reconsidered.
    Pirlo, Felicite, moogs and 1 other person like this.
  12. Fnyanea Augur

Did the proc on the 'of many' line of spells get fixed?

As someone else mentioned... can chanters FINALLY get an upgrade to out stand alone cripple so we can actallut use it with the changes to our slow AA?

Adding to the list of people asking for druid remote heals to be fixed!

Its bad enough that you patch test.... ignore the bugs... push live..... make us wait a month for a fix.... but now we need to wait 2 months for a fix?
  13. kingragnork New Member

According to these notes the answer is yes they are fixing Theft of Essence.
  14. Inga Elder

If this change is intened, this is one of the biggest nerf in 5 years, especially for non-raiding necromancers.

Discussion may not necessarily mean with the devs, but we cannot discuss well if we don't know a change is intened or oversight.
    When Death Bloom is changed, it is explained that you want to make mana resource in raid. Then we explained that it will severely punish necros in group game where we have to cast biggest dots as soon as possible.
    Then Death Blossom is implemented to mitigate the damage. It may not be the best solution, but it certainly helped.

So what is the intention of this change? Do you want to change how resist works in raid?

Not only we lose one of the way to contribute to group, our dps will decrease in group game, just like Death Bloom.
    Casting debuff item clicky won't help, as we lose the precious first tick automatically and it means every dot we cast lose 1 tick.
    Our dps in group game is always limited by time, and there is no reason to nerf it with resist.

What I am afraid the most is that it may take months until this is changed again. You may be able to add resist adjust for spell version Scent of Terris in next patch, just like Malo AA. Howerver, there is no upgrade spell version currently, so at least 2 developers who is working for next expansion now will be required for additional change.

Please consider how this change will affect necromancers in group game again.
    Wulfhere and Felicite like this.
  15. RPoo Augur

A THREE MINUTE REFRESH ON THE AA PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS DREARY DEEDS IS A BAD IDEA! UNDO THIS MONSTROSITY PLEASE.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. RPoo Augur

Don't mind me... the name change confused me, all is right.
  17. Orcen Elder

Why is there a test server and feedback/bugs forum on patch changes if the feedback and bugs are just ignored and pushed to Live anyway?
    i.e. Necro Scent of Thule disaster.
  18. menown Augur

Scent of Thule XIV
    Slot 1: Cast Best Spell You Have Access To In Spell Group: Scent of Terris
    Slot 2: Cast Best Spell You Have Access To In Spell Group: Scent of Extinction
    Slot 3: Cast: Death's Malaise IV

If you decide to do nothing else, please at least reconsider the cast order here. Have Scent of Extinction cast first so you at least have a chance for Scent of Terris to land. It would also be amazing if you made Death's Malaise a disease based slow. Probably won't matter what resist the slow is because we won't even get our Fire DD to proc Smoldering Bones (transforms to undead) on our target.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  19. Felicite Augur

Lots of calm and reasoned feedback in this thread, never acknowledged but at least acted on (it only took seven months, guys!).