Test Update 10/9/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 9, 2018.

1. EQ Dev Developer

October 17, 2018

*** Items ***

- Fixed an issue that prevented Unwritten Glyph from granting the expected AA abilities.

*** Quests And Events ***

- The Master of Dreadspire - Mayong Mistmoore will now remember his entire hatelist and resume attacking them after the effect from the Burst of Dawn from the Glimmering Dawnstone wears off.
    - The Sathir Line - Slightly increased the health of Rile Sathir and Venril Sathir.
    - Hoshkar (Ring of Scale Raid) - Removed the four braziers on Hoshkar's platform to improve line of sight on the island.
    - The Kar'Zok raid in Kor'Sha - the assaulters will once again drop their shields under the proper circumstances.
    - Proving Grounds: The Mastery of Corruption - Fixed the bugs that were causing the Wizard NPCs' scripts to not work correctly.
    - Atrebe Raid - Completely rewrote the way the reset mechanism works. Hopefully this will stop the random resets that have been reported. Note, however, that as usual you will have to engage the enemy to prevent event reset.
    - Talendor no longer drops his trophy. It is only available in the hero's satchel.

*** Spells ***

- Removed the "Cast on Other" messages from all alliance heals.
    - Beastlord - Spiritual Unity, Stormblood's Unity, and Feralist's Unity now cast the highest rank you know of their component spells. Higher ranks will cast more quickly.
    - Magician - Removed the "Cast on Other" message from Arcane Distillect Effect.
    - Ranger - Shout of the Bosquetender, Copsestalker, and Wildstalker now cast the highest rank you know of their component spells. Higher ranks will cast more quickly.
    - Ranger - Changed Strength of the Bosquetender, Copsestalker, and Wildstalker to single-target spells and reduced the mana cost.
    - Shaman - Fixed an issue where Recourse heals were casting their Watch components multiple times in some instances.
    - Shaman - Removed the "Cast on Other" messages from healing rains.

*** AA ***

- Multiple - Reduced the effectiveness of Double Riposte to 5% per rank.
    - Beastlord - Adjusted Pact of the Wurine to stack with the shaman ability Group Pact of the Wolf.
    - Beastlord - Burst of Power ranks 4+ now add a chance to hit one additional time when double attacking with a 2-handed weapon.
    - Beastlord - Consolidated Steadfast Resolve to be ranks 8-13 of Playing Possum.
    - Beastlord - Reduced the range of Companion's Sacrifice from 100 to 25 feet to fix a bug that prevented your pet from shielding you if the ability was activated at large distances. The ability now triggers Companion's Tether which will gravitate your pet to within 25 feet of you for the duration of the shielding effect.
    - Cleric - Modified all ranks of Celestial Rapidity to function for heal-over-time spells in addition to instant-duration healing and damage spells.
    - Druid - Adjusted Spirit of the Black Wolf, Spirit of the White Wolf, Group Spirit of the Black Wolf, and Group Spirit of the White wolf to stack with numerous self-only mana regeneration effects (Yaulp, Manaskin, and Pact of the Wurine.)
    - Enchanter - Crippling Aurora has been renamed Enveloping Helix and the ability line has been changed to trigger the highest rank of your Helix line of slow spells on multiple targets.
    - Enchanter - Dreary Deeds has been renamed Slowing Helix and the ability line has been changed to trigger the highest rank of your Helix line of slow spells on your target.
    - Enchanter - Added 3 ranks to Bite of Tashani and changed the ability line to trigger the highest rank of your Tashina line of spells on multiple targets.
    - Enchanter - Changed the icon for Noctambulate to match other mesmerize effects.
    - Magician - Fixed an error that caused the haste component of Theft of Essence to reduce instead of increase attack speed.
    - Magician - Removed the range extension from ranks 5-15 of Shared Health and added a healing component to ranks 5-8 to fix a bug that prevented your pet from shielding you if the ability was activated beyond its initial range. The ability now triggers Companion's Tether which will gravitate your pet to within 25 feet of you for the duration of the shielding effect.
    - Magician - Added a mana cost to all ranks of Force of Elements.
    - Magician - Elemental Union has been renamed Thaumaturge's Focus and the ability line has been changed to only focus magic based spells.
    - Necromancer - Adjusted Death Bloom to stack with the Manaskin line of spells.
    - Necromancer - Scent of Terris has been renamed Scent of Thule and the ability line has been changed to trigger Death's Malaise, your Scent of Terris spell, and the highest rank of your Scent of Gloom line of spells on your target.
    - Paladin - Fixed an error that prevented rank 2 of Blessing of Purification from triggering Purified Protection on your target.
    - Shaman - Ranks 2-13 of Pact of the Wolf now scale the buff granted to members of the shaman's group down to an earlier rank for lower level group members.
    - Warrior - Adjusted Heroic Rage (the recourse from Wars Sheol's Heroic Blade) to stack with the shaman ability Group Pact of the Wolf.
    - Wizard - Changed ranks 19-23 of Mana Burn to deal direct damage rather than percentage based damage and fixed an error that prevented the ability's debuff from blocking additional Mana Burn spells from landing.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Restricted merchants to only sell Mechanoinstructions (unless a player sells some) when The Darkened Sea opens.

*** UI ***

- Fixed an issue where zoning into some instances would display their zone number instead of their name.
    - Fixed a bug that caused messages indicating that a spell did not land because it was blocked by another spell to appear twice.
    - Fixed a bug that caused your stats to appear to be higher than expected when a buff failed to land on you.
    - - Ex: Casting Assurance on a target with Arcronite Blessing would cause the target to report having more health than they really did.
    - Fixed a bug that would cause the raid window to act as if you had disbanded from a raid when repeatedly pressing the raid invite accept button.
    - Moved a variety of messages that were being sent to the My Spells filter into more appropriate filters.
    - Added a new Spell Emotes filter, which includes messages related to spells landing and fading.
    - Removed the message when an item glows upon casting a spell.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Daedly Augur

Beastlord - Adjusted Pact of the Wurine to stack with the shaman ability Group Pact of the Wolf.

I like it
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Daedly Augur

And i hope the resist modifiers and what not were compared to any AA that was changed to casting a spell from the spell book and then adjusted accordingly for the classes affected... to avoid the mistakes of the last round with similar changes.
  4. Grig-zek New Member

Why? Some of us deliberately didn't take RK III loots for those component spells because we knew there was a unity that would cast them. This change is just player griefing for no reason.

Again, why? They were put in specifically without a mana cost.

Why don't you do something productive like fix the druid remote line of spells that you broke in the last patch, rather than seeing what you can grief the players over next?
    Nifty Slacker likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing they don't want players to have raid level spells without having to raid for that spell (or jump into a raid to loot it)
  6. Daedly Augur

You have to raid to get the rk3 unity spells....

That aside, i wonder if they are going to change group spells that have a single target version to act in the same way by having the group spell cast the highest rank you have mem'd of the single target version...
  7. segap Augur

They've been rolling out changes of this type for a couple years now across classes. The unity spells become unranked, vendor only and you have to get the Rk II or Rk III of the individual spells. It likely simplifies their development process. Or, if you want to think the worst, it makes sure people have more "content" by having to wait to loot more rk II and rk III gems.
  8. Kianara Lorekeeper

I'm ok with the mana cost on FoE .. more adps should affect it now. However, the change to Elemental Union is just mind-boggling to me.

And I agree on the remote fix .. no mention of a fix, and I can't log in to test to see if it was just missed in the notes.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

That should help cut some raid lag!

I looked and looked for the corresponding nerf but can't find it. I suspect we'll find it later...
  10. Forcallen Augur

Sounds great only we are now giving up yet another debuff slot with zero control for tiny gains. So please make it a toggle feature that Scent of Gloom is casted or make sure Scent of Thule + Scent of Gloom are a single debuff. Otherwise hard pass. We are 3 years into the dot revamp and the debuff cap issue only gets worse and worse with stuff like this that should be great but are in fact not.
    Frogmancer and menown like this.
  11. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Not pleased with Elemental Union change... Can we get some of the thoughts behind this?
  12. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

EQ Dev .. it's Oct 9th not Oct. 17th in your post =)
  13. Aelen Augur

There are zero improvements. It's just a nerf.

Scent of Terris is the old level 52 spell version. That's what these "change to triggered" versions all are. They use spells from the book with an AA trigger hook. Some end up arbitrarily being buffs, some end up arbitrarily being nerfs.

We saw development of Scent of Terris only in AA form, so we're losing a huge chunk of the Fire Resist debuff, and all of the Corruption and Magic resist debuffing.

It's also got no resist mod, which the AA has a -128 resist mod, and we're losing the "Max Resist Chance: 30%" from it.

That's in addition to losing a debuff slot. The current Scent of Gloom line of spells kind of sucks to begin with.

We're also losing the ability to safely cast it on bosses with resist scripts, since this'll count as both a poison and a disease spell with a mana cost. Meaning the added Disease spell that's being triggered now will fail scripts on things like Damsel of Decay.

Bad design. Bad execution. Bad choice.
    Nifty Slacker likes this.
  14. Brohg Augur

What the BALLS is this?

Scent of Terris AA has Poison -128 resist to land on mob, was
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 45
    2: Decrease Fire Resist by 145
    3: Decrease Poison Resist by 145
    4: Decrease Disease Resist by 145
    5: Decrease Corruption Resist by 108
    6: Decrease Magic Resist by 145

Scent of Terris spell is Poison -*0* to land on mob, is
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 9
    2: Decrease Fire Resist by 36
    3: Decrease Poison Resist by 36
    4: Decrease Disease Resist by 36

Crazy massive nerf out of left field?
    Scent of Gloom(Extinction at highest rank) covers the missing pr/dr debuff, 123 per for total of 169. But the Fire-Magic-Corruption debuffs are just kicked back down to Kunark level
    Felicite, moogs, mmats and 1 other person like this.
  15. Daedly Augur

Probably going to extend the AA line in next expansion to increase mage magic damage?
  16. Piemastaj Augur

It already increased Magic Damage as is, it just won't work on our much better Fire spells now.

Just glance at our Magic nukes vs our Fire nukes, lemme know what you think about how well our Magic nukes can increase on a non-level increase expansion. ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Sancus Augur

That's a ~30+% DPS loss for the first 3 minutes of every fight. I think most reasonable people knew EU was too powerful, but this seems extreme and reactionary.

Reducing the focus % would've been totally reasonable and necessary. I suggested that in beta. This is far more severe. It's disheartening as a player to see the massive swings in balance and to be really powerless to stop them, in either direction.

We better get some great stuff this expansion. Between this and all the upcoming fire immune mobs, it looks pretty bleak right now. While you did leave EU's contribution to our Magic spells alone, it doesn't mean they got any better than they are on live, and on live it's pretty damn abysmal. Their relative power has increased, but that doesn't really help us stay effective and useful when compared to other classes.
  18. Brohg Augur

nearly all ADPS that cares about mana cost also cares about level. Force of Elements being level 254 will leave it exempt from those.
  19. Daedly Augur

It was really just a facetious comment on my part. But I meant that now they can raise the damage increase on it and they will only have to balance the one damage type, magic.

I dont play a mage though, so my comments on the subject probably aren't even worth reading :p
  20. Sancus Augur

It being tagged as unfocusable doesn't help either.
    Kuvani likes this.