Test Update 10/31/12

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Dyanu New Member

Was there a test update today 11/3 ? I logged on and got errors about files missing after an upload in the loader.
  2. Angahran Augur

There was a 'bug' probably several years back now, where pets would only report if their status had changed, e.g. I tell /pet attack Bob, pet says Attacking Bob. 'Normal' behaviour, if I told my pet to attack Bob again it would tell me 'Attacking Bob' again.
    However, with the 'bug', if I told my pet to attack Bob while it was already attacking Bob, it would not say anything (I LIKED this bug).

If pets would only report what they were doing IF it changed that would be great.

Also, is there any way to get rid of the 'Your mercenary has been suspended' message every time we zone when a) we don't have a mercenary, or b) we are in a raid (and dont have a mercenary), or c) any other time when we don't have a mercenary ?

Thanks.
  3. Ceasar III New Member

Thanks for letting us know that the drop rate (if there even is a drop rate in some zones) wasn't increased.

I have to say it has been extremely frustrating to (boxing my raider main and 2 low 93 - now high 94 - alts) to kill literally hundreds (I estimate 800 to 1000 somewhere) of mobs in a t4 VOA zone (Windsong) since the "quest" was announced and get not one single shard! This includes 1/2 dozen named kills.

My question is this: since the release date is rapidly approaching, are the devs going to make a drop rate that (A) will allow pwople to get the max faction before release, or (B) are they going to allow completion of the quest after release, of (C) are they going to just do away with the quest altogether and give everyone who pre-ordered max ally (and anything else the quest does) to start the expansion. Seems to me choice (C) is the better choice given how few have dropped on many servers in many zones (particularly VOA) and how over populated zones are at times, which will only get worse if the quest stays as a pre-release quest only.

All that is another way to say the devs have waited too long to solve this issue imo.