Test Update 10/21/2014

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Yoda Journeyman

Running Heroics is what brought me back to the game. /sigh
    Dre. likes this.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

The ones that have bad players trying to do them.
    ChoppSuey likes this.
  3. Morgoth Elder

Shouldn't a paying customer be able to decide where to play based upon what they feel is fun for them. Being directed into small volumes of content by the dev's is just silly.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

This change in combination with the Proficiency AAs being implemented as activated buffs makes me think it must be more difficult to manage the stacking issues of innate passives than it is for spell buffs.

Making Phalanx of One an activated buff will add another layer of complexity to the abilities that Warriors are using. The "disciplines" that Phalanx of One may have been incorrectly stacking with would be the Last Stand discipline line, the Defensive Proficiency AA, and the Dual Wield Proficiency AA. So, it looks like the only time Phalanx of One will work now is when using the Two-Handed Proficiency AA (which is specifically not for tanking since it has large defensive skill penalties) or when not using any Proficiency AA at all (which totally defeats the purpose of creating them). For the rare times when we will have Phalanx of One up, it requires yet another button to activate, or another "/alt activate" line in my bandoliering hot buttons for switching between Proficiencies. Phalanx of One will also take up an additional buff slot, space which is already limited; between clicky buff items and AAs, I am using up 20 slots as a Warrior, and I routinely run out of space when in raids.

Now, the function of the Proficiencies/Phalanx of One and how they interact with each other is messy and the design of them doesn't make sense. The stacking problem is pushed onto the player to figure out instead of being an innate passive working in the background. Please take a look at returning Phalanx of One to a correctly working passive, and also look at the still existing bugs/issues with the Proficiency AAs.

Dre. likes this.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

I was able to replicate what you said, but there is some inconsistent behavior. I can get both buffs up by casting Phalanx first, provided I don't recast either of them while both icons are up. If only Defensive Proficiency is active, I do get the fail message casting Phalanx you indicated.

DW proficiency seems to not care about Phalanx at all.
  6. Vtull Augur

You can still run heroic adventures, it just can't be the same easy one serially.
  7. Edrick Augur

So that was why I wiped forty times on Scouting Ahead.
    Ravengloome and Lisandra like this.
  8. Brohg Augur

Heh. From my perspective there's less complexity because the ability is, with an absolute level of simplicity, unusable. No complication there, since if this change goes live, Phalanx is no longer a warrior ability. It's gone, that's all. Least complicated thing ever, kinda like setting your pants drawer at home on fire simplifies your life. No pants no problems! Get arrested for exposure / take 10% more damage from everything everywhere always in game? Whatever, can't say it's not simple.
  9. Makavien Augur

Elidroth - You need to make a separate aa line for the aggro portion of phalanx of one since now you are basically nerfing our ability to have phalanx of fury proccing while last stand and defensive proficiency are up. So we need a phalanx of fury aa line. Because phalanx of one is only useful now with dual wield proficiency.
  10. Dibab Augur

curious which version of this you wiped on because i 2 boxed it with 2 caster dps mercs and my own self heals. Maybe on a named but theres nothing overly hard about this unless you tried to just solo it.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

He was being a I believe.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

Apparently you have no sense of humor.
    Shimmerleaf likes this.
  13. Marshall Maathers Augur

A little birdie told me it will possibly be split into 2 buffs at some point in the future.
  14. Tual Augur

Yeah, that's the problem. There's a whole big thread about it.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Tual Augur

Like in 5 days? If not, I'll just bend over and say "Thank you sir, may I have another?" (If you don't know that movie, you haven't lived.)
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Koryu Professional Roadkill

... hooray? Now we are looking at using 2 more buff slots instead of the original 0 when it was an innate passive. I guess it's really only 1 buff slot for Phalanx of Fury, because the other buff for Phalanx of One will be blocked by something else we are doing 90% of the time. May as well scrap Phalanx of One, and change Phalanx of Fury back to a passive.
  17. Zantor Augur

Why would you SoE put HA's to a 6 hour lockout timer, that is just nuts, especially right before level increase to 105, is your reason was to piss off a lot of people, job well done.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Marshall Maathers Augur

That would be my preferred solution as well, if the mitigation had to be a separate buff, keep the aggro as innate.
  19. Brohg Augur

And while we're at it, reabsorb stupid stances into the game engine? Why just swinging weapons now takes a buff slot for warriors I don't know.
    Dre. likes this.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

Even if it does get split, there's zero purpose for Phalanx 1-5 now, other than being a bunch of requisite AA to grind before you can get the defensive proc for ranks 6-10, or making the nearly-pointless DW proficiency even more pointless.