Test Update 10/15/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Jennre Band Leader

- Corrected an issue with a number of bard ability spells that were not behaving as intended.
    A notable example of the fix is that 'Selo's Kick' will once again be usable while under the effects of 'Frenzied Kicks'.

Ok, this has me worried. I appreciate the example, but we kind of would like to know which other Bard abilities and songs will be/have been changed?
    Please give us a full list of each song and ability that has been changed so we don't have to dig through spell data just to figure it out.

Bards are becoming rarer and rarer played as mains though quite a few people have alt bards. I would be curious to see a breakdown of how many of each class across all servers are being played as main characters. I can guarantee that bards are on the low end of that spectrum.

It seems DBG is on a class disempowerment rampage lately, removing all kinds of utility. I understand that certain abilities are overpowered, for sure, but part of the time sink that we spent grinding and leveling etc, indicate that high level characters should be the masters of their classes/abilities.

A lot of these changes to characters would be easily fixed by better zone/mob design. You wanna bring back the pulling game? Change the mobs, not the characters.

Please note, I am not whining or complaining, I will adapt. I am just voicing my concern and opinion.
  2. Apoc Augur

I Finally got into test server on mine once I selected test on the version select. Click on version again you should see a "Validate Game Assets" tab. If you run that it should find the wrong EQhost file.

--- *Warning: Fullscan found CRC mismatch on E:/Everquest/eqhost.txt, even though size 56 and time 1442970021 matched. Expected 531362033 but detected 2568604924.

Was the message I received if you go to go back to live servers after logging into test you will have to validate game assets again. My guess is the host file isn't being removed and replaced when the version is changed. I am fairly certain this was brought to their attention already but I hope this helps clarify what is happening.

Since the host file not getting changed this should constitute as a bug for.test server.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Prathun Developer

Added this to the patch notes.
    adetia likes this.
  4. Zaviere Augur

I'd like to join the collection of concerned Bards, and ask that more details be given about which abilities exactly were changed or "fixed". Telling us a number of things were altered, but then only giving one example, is kinda not cool. Is it really asking too much for more information?
  5. mackal Augur

AFAIK This patch fixed the accidental breakage of Frenzied Kicks.
  6. genaro44 Lorekeeper

Can anyone confirm a bug with bard item clicky movement buffs? My bards don't seem to be getting any increase in speed from Composers Greaves (Selo's Accelerating Chorus) or Resonant BP (Selo's Song of Travel).