Test Update 10/13/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 13, 2022.

1. EQ Dev Developer

October 13, 2022

*** Highlights ***

- New Overseer agents, quests, and achievements for Nights of the Dead have been added. See the Overseer section below for more details.
    - Look to the Marketplace this month for the Erudite Heritage Crate. Each crate contains a random item. Trade these Erudite Heritage items to your friends or collect them all yourself!
    - Continued reducing the amount of zone lag caused by spell casts and procs.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Crafting Planes of Power Timeless and Ornate armors no longer grants a small amount of experience.
    - Failing to bake a Loaf of Bread no longer has a small chance to result in a Burnt Loaf of Bread. However, Burnt Loaf of Bread can now be crafted by placing a Loaf of Bread in an oven, no Bread Tin required.
    - Recipes that consume a Flawless Conflagrant Diamond and whose failure had a small chance to result in a Crushed Conflagrant Diamond will now instead always return the Flawless Conflagrant Diamond.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Primal Vampire, Close the Gate, and Oubliette of Light (Raids) - Corrected an error that didn't award completion credit for beating these events.

*** Spells ***

- Bard - Removed the hidden requirement on the following 7 songs that prevented their use unless a matching instrument was equipped: Shauri's Sonorous Clouding, Cantata of Soothing, Melody of Ervaj, Occlusion of Sound, Composition of Ervaj, Harmony of Sound, and Harmony of Tone.
    - Corrected a misspelled word in the description for Yeti Chill.

*** AA ***

- Attempting to trigger multiple AAs with cast times should no longer give a timer for the ones that don't cast.
    - Necromancer - Reluctant Benevolence - Fixed an issue with the Disabled description.
    - Monk - Technique of Master Wu - Ranks 36 and 37: Increased the percentage chance to hit for the first non-guaranteed strikes to be a 5% increase per rank.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Fixed a bug where, after server transfer or test copy, characters with open mercenary slots were unable to hire new ones.

*** Overseer ***

- Several new event agents specific to the Nights of the Dead event have been added to Overseer.
    - A new line of event quests, available at all Overseer levels, are also available for a limited time during Nights of the Dead (and for an extra 2 weeks after Nights of the Dead ends!).
    - New achievements, found in the Overseer >> Holiday category, have also been added for completing each of the new Nights of the Dead event quests.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Bards can now begin improving all instrument skills starting at level 1.
    - Logging into a pickzone from character select will now prioritize returning you to the same pick you camped out from.
    - Made a speculative fix to a problem when reconnecting after going link dead:
    - - Logging into the same world after disconnecting from a zone and landing at the server selection screen, rather than the character selection screen, will now automatically kick the link dead PC rather than prompting you to do so.
    - NPCs can now respond to /emote messages in the same manner they do /say messages.
    - Armor can now be dyed with red, green, and blue values below 25.

*** UI ***

- Fixed a client crash that could occur when upgrading a Heroic Character with a custom UI.
    - Fixed a bug where experience gained percentages displayed were inaccurate while in a party with players of different levels.
    - Fixed a client crash that could occur when using a custom Extended Target Window.
    - Rewards that grant currency will now display the name and quantity being granted in a chat message.
    - When merging two groups, the leader of the joining group's Advanced Loot Window will now flash if there is at least one item in the loot list. The confirmation popup will no longer appear if the list is empty.

- The EverQuest Team
    minimind, Dre., Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

- Recipes that consume a Flawless Conflagrant Diamond and whose failure had a small chance to result in a Crushed Conflagrant Diamond will now instead always return the Flawless Conflagrant Diamond.

Good, I hated that prior system, had a string of failures cus I just happen to be a super unlucky person.
    Duder and Sancus like this.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

Good stuff.
  4. Angahran Augur

??
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

- Bards can now begin improving all instrument skills starting at level 1.

Is there a reason to do this when you dont get a brass song till 18, and wind at 11?
  6. Silvena *poke*

I'm going to assume this won't be retroactively granting completion credit for those that were affected.
    Cuuthbert and Toukan like this.
  7. Meeko Developer(Code)

This is to allow our Design team to show off their creativity a bit more while writing quests.
    Denyu, Nennius, Skuz and 4 others like this.
  8. Kuriel New Member

This is nice as it opens up more possibilities for writing quest content and player interaction. So, instead of saying "I have your special rock". You could in effect /dance with a NPC to trigger the quest stage.
    Meeko likes this.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Please.. enough of the 8k Tetradrachms as on time event rewards... At least make it something flavorful for said events....
    Andarriel and Yinla like this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

How will this affect this one where you don't really dance - you just stand in the room till it updates:

Dance with the revelers to appease them 0/1 (Degmar, the Lost Castle)

maybe we will really dance or not.
  11. Angahran Augur

or /rude when talking to an NPC that ignores you because you are invisible :p
    Coagagin, Yinla and Nennius like this.
  12. Strumph Augur

You correct assuming that! It was too much to ask for, so do it AGAIN! :mad:
  13. strongbus Augur

wish they do a retroactively not that hard check to see if anyone was giving a ach for the raid during that time and give win credit.
    Silvena and Toukan like this.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea pretty lousy achievement reward i already got 200-350k on each of my accounts be like them giving me more common agents. Be nice if they come up with something good.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

More currency on OS achievements is proof that they're just phoning it in as far as Overseer is concerned.
    Moege likes this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Add AA options for OS rewards.
    Angahran likes this.
  17. Moege Augur

8k is a pittance if it was 800k then those quests may be useful to do for the achievement and reward. currently it is just ego stroking to do them.

Hey now my stack of 3x100 + 45 common agents need company to keep them warm....
    Hobitses likes this.