Test Update 10/10/17 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Khat_Nip Meow

Since the latest patch to the Test server I've been trying to work out a dilemna in regards to receiving a low amount of spendable AAs and using those to (re)purchase AAs I already had or AAs that were newly consolidated.

The following pic shows a number of different things:
    I ultimately end up with only 271 spendable AAs more than I had on Luclin.

Innate Regeneration is at 0/44.
    Companion's Discipline is 7/11.
    Embalmer's Efficiency is 1/7.
    Mental Clarity is 4/45.

[IMG]

292 AAs* (more on this later) is not enough to (re)max both regen lines that I already had done prior, much less apply them to the other 2 newly-consolidated pet lines. I fall way short.

If you notice in the bottom left chat box the line (more on this later, also), it says, "Alternate Advancement abilities cannot be auto-granted while you are over the earned Advancement point limit point limit of 210."

Fine. I bought up enough of the newly consolidated pet AAs (of which I had their prior parts already maxed) to get me just under that, 'limit of 210'. (I think I got my spendable to ~202).
    I camped to char select, came back in and the majority of the regen AA lines were filled automatically and I was able to purchase the rest of each of those regen lines with my remaining AAs, leaving me with a few extra AAs to use elsewhere.

That's somewhat of a fix (with some effort) to the problem I was having.

Now comes the 'more on this later' part.
    I've been trying to figure out what's going on with the help of Ikrog, another SK from the Erollisi Marr server.
    A few things to note about our toon's differences:
    Ikrog is max AA.
    I'm not max AA but only things left are some levels of post-300 tradeskill AAs (irrelevant here) and EoK-era Focus AAs (also irrelevant) as neither of those are touched in any behind the scenes autogrant.
    Ikrog: Erollisi Marr. Me: Luclin.
    Neither have Auto-Grant enabled.
    Both do /testcopy with a success.
    I log into Test and get 292 AAs to do with as I will (referenced from the pic above). He logs in and has 1942 to play with (referenced from the pic below).
    We're both All Access SKs on normal and identical servers, as it were. What gives?

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. gotwar Gotcharms

Logged in after the most recent test patch (Friday, October 13th):

The alternate ability Animation Empathy has been refunded
    The alternate ability Companion's Relocation has been refunded
    The alternate ability Companion's Aggression has been refunded

Keep in mind this character had already logged in AFTER the AA consolidation patch but BEFORE the most recent patch (October 13th) - everything was already set and refunded.

Current AA totals (Enchanter):

AA points: 1733
    Assigned: 26487
    Total Spent: 20017

Spent those AA to rebuy everything and ended up with:

AA points: 65
    Assigned: 28155
    Total Spent: 21685

So it looks like I lost ~50 AA after the consolidation, and also ended up with a lower AA total?

Bit confusing here, so I quoted my original post for reference.

Did my due diligence and recopied, here are the results:

**Fresh Copy from Live**
    Live:
    AA points: 98

Assigned: 28178

Total Spent: 21652

Re-copy to Test:
    AA points: 1875

Assigned: 26387

Total Spent: 19875

After rebuy:
    AA points: 107

Assigned: 28155

Total Spent: 21643

So I still netted about 9 aa points, assigned/total spent AA went down. It would seem that only the version of this character present on test before/after the patch was affected by a net loss in AA. That's encouraging!

I also checked my Warrior (Test born, couldn't recopy for exact #'s). Again, this character was already "set" prior to today's patch (Friday, October 13th). Had 649 AA to spend upon login. Got the message that punishing blade had been refunded. I spent enough AA to be under the 210 "autogrant limit," then camped out/in. Was still over 100 AA short of maxing Burst of Power and Innate Regeneration. Again, this was a previously "maxed" character that effectively lost 100+ AA in the transition.

Lastly, I have a Necro I was recently playing (earlier in the day, same day of the October 13th patch) who is not max AA. Don't have exact totals (and again, test-born so can't recopy), but he looks to have gained... around 500-600 AA after the October 13th patch. Not entirely sure how that happened.

If I had to guess, it may be possible some of these shenanigans are caused by Autogrant. It may be needed to allow autogrant to be enabled even if you are over the 210 banked cap. This is a total shot in the dark though, I really have no idea why things are so wonky.

Would highly recommend to anyone reading this thread to copy to test, carefully record the results and compare, then post here. At the very least, people will know what to expect when this patch goes live. At best, it may help nail down where the discrepancies are in before/after patch AA totals and allow a fix to be implemented.

Hope this helped! It probably didn't :D
  3. Zunar Augur

I don't know if this has been said somewhere already, but puting it here now:
    In the broken mirrior expansion missions, I'm not geting any text displaying when collectibles spawn and I can't find any collectibles at all when looking for them in the zone at the appropriate state of the missions. Were these changed or is this a bug? It's how it is on live at the moment.
    Defenders of the faith mission for instance.
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Speaking of collectibles...
    I noticed that recently (on live) there seem to be much les sof them in a zone than there used to be.
    Even when i am alone in a zone (tried this in Chardok, Labs and Droga), i find only 3-4 "spawned" collectibles in the whole zone.
    And yes, i have both taken notes of the spawn points over the time and still look into every corner, cabinet and under each bed ;)
  5. kizant Augur

Did a new testcopy and for a Wizard I ended up making AAs. I gained 27 after re-buying and those Buy All buttons are pretty nice!

With some of the complaints why don't add something to the marketplace to reset AAs like you can do on Test? Seems like an easy way to make more money. Limit it to all but the General tab if you don't want people just using those as just a big AA bank.
  6. Lisard Silly

the new 350 grandmaster tradeskill titles, they dont seem to stick, if you put it on then zone it goes away and you have to re-apply it. can fix pls k thx
  7. Angahran Augur

Not exactly a bug, but annoying.
    Tried using the new <AppendText> tags to get rid of several '%' labels and just combine them.
    Seems to work ok apart from now getting UI errors saying these labels are required.

[Sun Oct 15 20:59:01 2017] Error: Could not find child HPPercLabel in window TargetWindow
    [Sun Oct 15 20:59:01 2017] Error: Could not find child HPPerLabel in window PlayerWindow
    [Sun Oct 15 20:59:01 2017] Error: Could not find child ManPercLabel in window PlayerWindow
    [Sun Oct 15 20:59:01 2017] Error: Could not find child FatiguePercLabel in window PlayerWindow

Also, is there any way to remove this error which is caused by moving a button to a different tab ?
    [Sun Oct 15 20:59:03 2017] Error: Could not find child CallForAssistButton in window MMGW_ManagePage

See https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1781
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Can you add them to the UI Window and just hide them? Put them there and make the size zero or such.
  9. svann Augur

Just copied my character to test. (bard)
    Before: All aa's bought and 210 banked
    After: after buying all available I still have 1596 banked

Something doesnt seem right about that. Maybe I should stay logged out until RoS hits? :p
  10. Eniner Augur

Yes ive been saying since the original patch hit test that auto grant is the issue here.
  11. Zenwent New Member

Probably already been stated, but I'm gonna throw this out there. /resetAA resets only spent AAs, not assigned. Recently /resetAA on maxed SK, was refunded 10,512 aa, could not camp until I had spent to under350 banked. Autogrant will not fill in over 210 banked AA. Problem here is that the autogrant only fills in the begining ranks of AA, that I was forced to purchase once I /resetAA. After autogrant im sitting at around 15,000 assigned. No where near to what it was before I /resetAA .

Is test autogrant going to be put back to autogrant while banked AA is over 210?
  12. mackal Augur

When are instances gonna work reliably again?
  13. phattoni Augur

just logged in, had 16000 aa before patch, after rebuying everything i could till auto grant would work again, im down almost 2k aa possibly more, i didnt exactly keep track of it, but im sitting at 13600 aa now after autogrant.

had i been able to auto grant before spending the aa i would not have lost anything, but since i had to spend a large amount on aa that were given via auto grant, i am now at a net loss on aa.
  14. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Instances on Test are not functioning properly. Crashing, loading very slowly or not loading at all.
  15. Katsus New Member

All sorts of issues on test server right now.
    GL crashing regularly, GGH and GH both having problems with getting in.

Instances are for the most part are not functioning, taking 7-8 quest requests and drops to get in (sometimes it works just fine, others not at all).
    Demi Plane of Life crashed earlier today, as did Lcea. Pok crashed 3 times last night inside of 45 minutes before I gave up trying to run Dragons, dragons, dragons (couldn't get in).
    When I had gotten in earlier, since each dragon is an instance, can't get through it, got to skyfire a few times, and every time trying to continue, its completely crashed me out of game.

Deep lies the snow, I was able to zone in 1 time on 10/25 and complete, have not been able to get into it again since then for alts to get progression done.

Instances all give the 'not safe to enter' message.

Issues have gotten progressively worse over the past 5 days (ish).
  16. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Still having issues with instances again. It starts out ok after a server reset but then steadily gets worse over a few days time and then they become inaccessible. Something needs to be done to help resolve that issue.