Test Update 10/04/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Oct 3, 2013.

1. JChan Developer

This update has completed. Update notes:

*** NPCs ***

- Corrected an issue that prevented most Call of the Forsaken rares from using their abilities.
    - Removed some incorrect faction hits from NPCs in Bixie Warfront and Ethernere.

*** Zones ***

- Reduced the damage dealt by lava in the Ethernere-Tainted West Karana zones.
    - Corrected the succor point in Bixie Warfront so it will no longer trap you.

*** AA ***

- Addressed issues with a number of Mercenary AAs that were non-functional.
    - Cleric - Shroud of the Miracle will no longer prevent players from entering Out of Combat regen or interfere with other abilities.
    - Magician - Companion of Necessity should now last its full duration.

*** Spells ***

- Berserker - Lowered the damage done by Open Wound Effect.
    - Rogue - Corrected the reuse timer of Knifeplay Discipline.
    - Rogue - Increased the damage dealt by the Phantom Assassination ability.
    - Warrior - Lowered the endurance cost, damage absorbed, and hit limit of No Time to Bleed.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Corrected a problem that caused mercenaries to re-randomize their face every time they zone.

*** Achievements ***

- Corrected problems with several Call of the Forsaken achievements.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Fixed an issue where the client would crash when you entered a shroud with a mercenary up.
    - Corrected the appearance of several new sets of Hero's Forge armor.

*** UI ***

- Fixed an issue where you could only open 36 containers at once. It's now corrected to allow for opening all 38.
    - Addressed an issue where item preview, item placement, and the other cameras were not properly behaving with the new mouse sensivity modes.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. halfpint77 Lorekeeper

WTB those Details.
  3. darkenkal Journeyman

An ETA when game will be back up?
  4. Gidmagic New Member

Test is back up
  5. Rainbowdash Augur

Putting couple posts in this one too show what was still bugged after patch if it could be checked into before Monday:

Also, with the West Karana mission, while this patch seems to have fixed the "The Guardian of Qeynos" conquest achievement, Challenge of Toughness still seems to be bugged. Ran it again tonight after patch, was given credit for Guardian of Qeynos this time but still nadda on Challenge of Toughness.

Also "Call of the Forsaken Master Scavenger" is auto-granting credit for "Worlds Apart", "Look Into The Future", and "Separate Ways" (presumably T2, T3, and T4 collection master achievements) despite the fact that these achievements do not yet exist.

The new merchant in Sunrise hills is still selling the housing items that should be locked behind flags obtained from Collection meta-achievements, without actually having the achievements completed as well. Nice to see the housing items from the final RoF collection achievement being sold by him though!
  6. Rainbowdash Augur

BTW...were Halloween events supposed to go in with this patch? Cause they did lmao.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Anything new ?
  8. Rainbowdash Augur

Haven't looked too hard yet tbh but at first glance no. With the new expac coming out at pretty much the same time I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see a new quest or two for Halloween this year. =/
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Disappointing Halloween has always been my fav time for content, ever since I got my first Hollowed Pixie's Rib back in 2001 in East Karana, those events were the best ever and I was a sad bunny when they were no longer continued. :(

I hope we get another event in Kithicor Forest like Zat did last year :) The event wasn't so great but the chat and playing with Zat at the end was fun :)
    Rainbowdash likes this.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Well... it is October... "lmao".
    Bauer likes this.
  11. Flutegirl Journeyman

Can anyone tell me if there are new runes for the new spells and the names of those spell runes (if applicable). wanting to get a headstart on our guild spell distribution page. Thanks in advance.
  12. Riou EQResource

New rune for new spells yes, dunno what they are called offhand though
  13. Rainbowdash Augur

No new spell runes. The actual spell scroll itself will drop from named/chest (sometimes) or bought from raid/heroic adventure currency.
  14. Rainbowdash Augur

On the West Karana raid can we PLEASE get the Headshot ability on the wardens either hugely nerfed or entirely removed. It's decimating tanks AND the Commander in one round if there's enough of them. Bad cycle on a spawn and you can seriously lose your entire raid to like 8 wardens near the end.

EDIT: It's not the dot (Hail of Arrows) btw that's the problem, it really just is Headshot. It's causing far more harm than good on this raid. The wardens are pulling Commander with it the second they spawn so he runs out to the middle oft he zone. Too many wardens and they will chew through your tanks and the entire raid force and the Commander, ending your raid in a heartbeat. Which puts way too much "luck and chance of the wave spawn" into beating this event for my liking.

Also, somehow Gold Hero's Forge from the new Recruit a Friend deal found it's way onto the Hero's forge merchant in PoK for sale for 1 plat per piece.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Headshot should be limited to level 88 players! No reason for NPCs to have more powerful AAs than players! Or is headshot now going to be upgraded to work on level 100 NPCs?

Would be nice to have the gold HF on a vendor :) Lets hope its intended :D
  16. Gladare Augur

It's mpg trials all over again!
  17. Uxtalzon Augur

Hah, that building in Nedaria's Landing has been missing for quite a long time. I remember /bugging it at least a year ago. I actually find it quite nice! Probably got reverted to one of its "unfinished" stages during Omens or its pre-release.
  18. Kodaji Journeyman

The vast majority of RBD's guild, including me, like the hell out of this event and don't want to see it nerfed. He speaks only for himself :p

(Guess what, we're not wiping because of headshot)