Test Update 1/11/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Angahran Augur

Will this setting get automatically renamed or is this something we will have to go into our eqclient.ini files and manually change ?
    Fanra likes this.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

I noticed in the patch the line

- Raid tier Bard breastplate click effects now correctly work on spells leveled 105-120.

I hope this is a fix for all COV raid BPs
    I was noticing Live my Wiz COV BP
    https://www.raidloot.com/
    Velium Endowed Frostfire Robe
    [46934] WIZ Ethereal 9 (limit 115)

where as TOL BPs
    Waning Gibbous Frostfire Robe
    [54126] WIZ Ethereal 9 (Limit 120)

3. Wildeone New Member

Were the Torment of Velious targets that were impacted also modified? (Derakor the Vindicator, Icebound Avatar of War, Icebound Bledrek, Tserrina, maybe some mobs in "Heart of Frozen Shadow")
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  4. Meeko Developer(Code)

The new setting will be added automatically to your .ini file. The CPUAffinity setting will be there still, but does nothing once this change goes live.
    Wdor, minimind and Kazint like this.
  5. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

No Slot 3 augs going in?
  6. Lucio001 New Member

As far as I've seen every rare in Bloodfalls is pretty tough, it's the ones in Vex Thal that need to get pumped up.

Thank you for all of these changes and keep up the good work!
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  7. Axxius Augur

That's not an actual level restriction, just a misleading name (some kinda custom name override on raidloot.com? it's not named like that anywhere else).

CoV Wiz BP does not focus Ethereal Ignition, obviously, and should not be.
  8. Axxius Augur

Will those particles actually appear? In the version that unlocked on Live on 01/08 that aura shows only the bright decal but no particles.
    Svann2, Yinla and minimind like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

What about Vex Thal? The rares there are just glorified trash mobs, same as in Basilica and Bloodfalls.
    Zipe likes this.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

What if I told you Mischief won't be the last TLP, nor was it the first, plenty of other servers went through these expacs and plenty more will long after Mischief stops being the golden child. These are positive changes for the future.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I logged in and didn't notice.......that has to be a good sign!
  12. Qwalla Developer

You no longer have to wait to accept the second quest after completing the first. They are all on separate timers. As someone else mentioned, the timer is only for replaying the quest. So to replay a quest, you will now have to wait 60min rather than 30. I hope this helps! Sefra is grateful for your eagerness though. She knows how much you care about farming AAs reuniting her with Olyam. True love <3
    RPoo, Winnowyl, Wdor and 19 others like this.
  13. Fintank Augur

This is basically the opposite of the change that should've happened. From the thread QA In Progress - Ornament Inaccuracy | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com) .

Is there any particular reason why a 1handed ornament only has the ability to fit in a 2handed weapon? Are there plans to scale the sizing to actually make it look like a 2hander at least?

EDIT: Speculation: The name of the ornament itself is the inaccuracy causing the issue? Should be more appropriately named Ornate Restless Hand Axe or Ornate Restless Crescent.

Lots of great stuff otherwise!
    minimind likes this.
  14. Herf Augur

Any idea how the memory use has changed going from 32 bit to 64 bit word size?
  15. Thundersnake Elder

My bad I totally forgot about that in Windows.
  16. Brewslayer New Member

Live is giving me about 950megs used. Test is at 1100.
    Herf likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would be careful how you judge it and try and set up similar tests as I noticed it fluctuate a lot for me during beta and would lower as time logged in increased.
    Coagagin likes this.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

Some if not all of those raid changes were on beta before the lock. Doomshade for example was absolutely insane before that fix. I'm pretty sure it launched with the fix, either that or the emotes were reduced twice. Shei was moved and the mentioned enrage mechanic on Aten Ha Ra was in too, not that those affect live yet.

The comprehensive patch notes sometimes mention previous fixes since the last notes that are already live.
  19. Angahran Augur

Thank you.

I know the answer is likely 'no', but is there any document that lists all .ini settings ?
    Also, it appears that 1/TRUE and 0/FALSE are used interchangeably, is that correct ?
    minimind likes this.
  20. Zanarnar Augur

Really? I had no idea. (/s)

My point was its pretty... lets just call it rude to release fixes for these known issues after your most recent TLP passed that expansion. Neither of these was a new issue with M/T.

I'd also argue the adding of MNK/BST gear to Umbral Planes is largely pointless outside of free-trade servers. By the time you can handle that zone, your wearing better gear then it drops. If they made it all tradable/attunable too, that would be a different story. The only bit with legs is finally fixing the warders in VT.