Test Update 09/26/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. JChan Developer

This server update has completed.

Update Notes:
    *** Items ***

- Added the ability for your mercenary to equip items and gain the stats from those items.
    - The cleave effect on Fearlinked Leather Chest Seal of the Warchief and Fearlinked Silk Chest Seal of the Warchief will now function.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Corrected an issue with the Scaled Curskins quest from Klok Mugruk in East Cabalis.
    - Yama Twerik's inactive clockwork recharging event should work correctly.

*** Spells ***

- Increased the number of spell sets that you can save to 20.
    - Fixed a bug that caused post-crit foci to apply to DoT spells before critical damage was applied.
    - Berserker - Lowered the min damage modifier of Brutal Discipline.
    - Berserker - Lowered the damage amount that Reflected Viciousness adds to two-hand piercing to match the other two-hand weapon skills it improves.
    - Magician - The Shard of Fire should now cast the correct rank of Frenzied Elemental Bolt when under the effects of Frenzied Burnout.
    - Magician - Lowered the damage dealt by Salvo of Many with the maximum number of pets on the target's hatelist. Lower "waves" were not affected.
    - Ranger - Increased the duration of Bosquestalker's Discipline, lowered the endurance upkeep, and increased the damage added to melee strikes.
    - Rogue - Increased resist modifiers for Beset, Gullible Mark, Jugular Lacerate, Blinding Blaze, Gash, Pinpoint Deficiencies, and Smokecloud Effect. They should land much more reliably now.
    - Rogue - Increased the skill damage and min damage modifiers of Executioner Discipline.
    - Wizard - Ethereal spells no longer deal different amounts of damage to higher-difficulty creatures.

*** AA ***

- Added in a new system for gaining, purchasing, and applying AAs to Mercenaries.
    - Fixed an issue where some AA recast timers could get in a bad state and report a recast time of over 1 million hours.
    - Fixed an bug where Trap Circumvention was not properly applying the chance to not trigger a trap.
    - Necromancer - Death Bloom's reuse timer has been increased to 10 minutes.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Added two more shared bank slots.
    - Added the ability for your mercenary to equip items and gain the stats from those items.
    - Increased the number of plots that a character can own to 3 from 2.
    - Addressed a number of animation issues.
    - Added "/target group" to allow for targeting a group member. This behaves just like pressing F1 - F6.
    - Fixed a bug where players would be unable to train skills if they had too much money in their inventory. Also addressed a number of other locations where having too much money could potentially cause unforeseen issues.
    - Corrected an issue where buy lines could be setup for multiple items without having the proper monetary compensation on hand.
    - Addressed a client hang when trying to move items from a 32 slot bag to a 36 slot bag all at once.
    - Increased the range of sensitivity that a mouse can control camera views. This primarily affects first person and third person cameras.
    - Fixed some capitalization issues with character names in UCHAT.
    - When renaming a character, you should no longer lose your friends list nor your e-mail.

*** UI ***

- Made the claim window sortable.
    - Added some new elements to and modified the AA window to display Mercenary AA information.
    - Added new EQTypes for the Mercenary AA Experience gauge (150), experience percent label (335), AA points label (336), AA points spent label (337).
    - Modified the inventory window to support the display of mercenary statistics and items.
    - Added the following EQTypes for mercenary stat labels:
    --- MERCENARY_HP = 338
    --- MERCENARY_MAX_HP = 339
    --- MERCENARY_MANA = 340
    --- MERCENARY_MAX_MANA = 341
    --- MERCENARY_ENDURANCE = 342
    --- MERCENARY_MAX_ENDURANCE = 343
    --- MERCENARY_ARMOR_CLASS = 344
    --- MERCENARY_ATTACK = 345
    --- MERCENARY_HASTE_PERCENT = 346
    --- MERCENARY_STRENGTH = 347
    --- MERCENARY_STAMINA = 348
    --- MERCENARY_INTELLIGENCE = 349
    --- MERCENARY_WISDOM = 350
    --- MERCENARY_AGILITY = 351
    --- MERCENARY_DEXTERITY = 352
    --- MERCENARY_CHARISMA = 353
    --- MERCENARY_COMBAT_HP_REGEN = 354
    --- MERCENARY_COMBAT_MANA_REGEN = 355
    --- MERCENARY_COMBAT_ENDURANCE_REGEN = 356
    --- MERCENARY_HEAL_AMOUNT = 357
    --- MERCENARY_SPELL_DAMAGE = 358
    - Added a total parcels count to the tab as well as to the header of the parcels tab.
    - Removed the "Update EQPlayers" and the "My EQPlayer Page" buttons from the EQ -> Character button.
    - Added multiple usable dragitem icons.
    - Converted the credits to a two tab system.
    - Split up the controls for mouse sensitivity into X and Y sliders.

- Changed -
    EQUI_AAWindow.xml
    EQUI_Animations.xml
    EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml
    EQUI_Inventory.xml
    EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
    EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Stickietoes Augur

I can feel it...
  3. Stickietoes Augur

nevermind I was wrong
  4. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

Should just do the update now, i've been doing laps in the GH for an hour.
  5. Liliana Augur

nice the pre-expansion patch with all of the new CotF stuff like Merc AA and bank slots
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I hope we're getting the new zones too, I noticed they aren't listed on the patch notes but 318mb is a lot for a few features & some UI changes.
  7. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Can't seem to edit but meant to say that what I saw of the new Western Karana on Beta was awesome, Neriak 4th Gate was neat & Bixie Warfront has some potential. I didn't go to Dead Hills if it's even in yet & when I went to Bixie Warfront it was pretty empty at the time.
  8. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

Doh! load the game and read the patch notes...
  9. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

eptember 26, 2013

*** Items ***
    - The cleave effect on Fearlinked Leather Chest Seal of the Warchief and Fearlinked Silk Chest Seal of the Warchief will now function.

*** Quests & Events ***
    - Corrected an issue with the Scaled Curskins quest from Klok Mugruk in East Cabalis.
    - Yama Twerik's inactive clockwork recharging event should work correctly.

*** Spells ***
    - Increased the number of spell sets that you can save to 20.
    - Fixed a bug that caused post-crit foci to apply to DoT spells before critical damage was applied.
    - Berserker - Lowered the min damage modifier of Brutal Discipline.
    - Berserker - Lowered the damage amount that Reflected Viciousness adds to two-hand piercing to match the other two-hand weapon skills it improves.
    - Magician - The Shard of Fire should now cast the correct rank of Frenzied Elemental Bolt when under the effects of Frenzied Burnout.
    - Magician - Lowered the damage dealt by Salvo of Many with the maximum number of pets on the target's hatelist. Lower "waves" were not affected.
    - Ranger - Increased the duration of Bosquestalker's Discipline, lowered the endurance upkeep, and increased the damage added to melee strikes.
    - Rogue - Increased resist modifiers for Beset, Gullible Mark, Jugular Lacerate, Blinding Blaze, Gash, Pinpoint Deficiencies, and Smokecloud Effect. They should land much more reliably now.
    - Rogue - Increased the skill damage and min damage modifiers of Executioner Discipline.
    - Wizard - Ethereal spells no longer deal different amounts of damage to higher-difficulty creatures.

*** AA ***
    - Added in a new system for gaining, purchasing, and applying AAs to Mercenaries.
    - Fixed an issue where some AA recast timers could get in a bad state and report a recast time of over 1 million hours.
    - Fixed an bug where Trap Circumvention was not properly applying the chance to not trigger a trap.
    - Necromancer - Death Bloom's reuse timer has been increased to 10 minutes.

*** Miscellaneous ***
    - Added two more shared bank slots.
    - Increased the number of plots that a character can own to 3 from 2.
    - Addressed a number of animation issues.
    - Added "/target group" to allow for targeting a group member. This behaves just like pressing F1 - F6.
    - Fixed a bug where players would be unable to train skills if they had too much money in their inventory. Also addressed a number of other locations where having too much money could potentially cause unforeseen issues.
    - Corrected an issue where buy lines could be setup for multiple items without having the proper monetary compensation on hand.
    - Addressed a client hang when trying to move items from a 32 slot bag to a 36 slot bag all at once.
    - Increased the range of sensitivity that a mouse can control camera views. This primarily affects first person and third person cameras.
    - Fixed some capitalization issues with character names in UCHAT.
    - When renaming a character, you should no longer lose your friends list nor your e-mail.

*** UI ***
    - Made the claim window sortable.
    - Added some new elements to and modified the AA window to display Mercenary AA information.
    - Added new EQTypes for the Mercenary AA Experience gauge (150), experience percent label (335), AA points label (336), AA points spent label (337).
    - Modified the inventory window to support the display of mercenary statistics and items.
    - Added the following EQTypes for mercenary stat labels:
    --- MERCENARY_HP = 338
    --- MERCENARY_MAX_HP = 339
    --- MERCENARY_MANA = 340
    --- MERCENARY_MAX_MANA = 341
    --- MERCENARY_ENDURANCE = 342
    --- MERCENARY_MAX_ENDURANCE = 343
    --- MERCENARY_ARMOR_CLASS = 344
    --- MERCENARY_ATTACK = 345
    --- MERCENARY_HASTE_PERCENT = 346
    --- MERCENARY_STRENGTH = 347
    --- MERCENARY_STAMINA = 348
    --- MERCENARY_INTELLIGENCE = 349
    --- MERCENARY_WISDOM = 350
    --- MERCENARY_AGILITY = 351
    --- MERCENARY_DEXTERITY = 352
    --- MERCENARY_CHARISMA = 353
    --- MERCENARY_COMBAT_HP_REGEN = 354
    --- MERCENARY_COMBAT_MANA_REGEN = 355
    --- MERCENARY_COMBAT_ENDURANCE_REGEN = 356
    --- MERCENARY_HEAL_AMOUNT = 357
    --- MERCENARY_SPELL_DAMAGE = 358
    - Added a total parcels count to the tab as well as to the header of the parcels tab.
    - Removed the "Update EQPlayers" and the "My EQPlayer Page" buttons from the EQ -> Character button.
    - Added multiple usable dragitem icons.
    - Converted the credits to a two tab system.
    - Changed -
    EQUI_AAWindow.xml
    EQUI_Animations.xml
    EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml
    EQUI_Inventory.xml

- The EverQuest Team
  10. Lighteningrod Augur

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone elaborate on this? What does it to? How does it work? If there are 5 other people in your group, whom does /target group decide to target?
  11. Marton Augur

:)
  12. Vaft_Gnome Lorekeeper

YES!
  13. Liliana Augur

When I switched mercs, I had to remove the vestments of forsaken and reequip for the stats to take effect on the 2nd merc.

Also, my lvl 100 tank merc only has 6975ac with cleric/shaman buffs... Why so low? Can Vestments get some ac on it?
  14. Aristo Developer

Just for full disclosure - On Live currently, "post-crit" foci like the ones in the Psalm of Potency bard song are being incorrectly modified by crit damage for DoTs only. This change is meant to fix that. Right now in the code that's just gone active on Test, however, DoT spells aren't applying crit damage to worn foci like they should, so DoT damage is drastically reduced. This is not right and it will not go live like it is right now, so please don't freak out. We've got another Test patch coming up early next week and it should be resolved by then.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Dracoplauge New Member

server is still locked. it's been a couple of hours now.
    *edit* frack just went to check and now it is up :oops:
  16. Liliana Augur

are new zones supposed to be open? Well actually, is the guild hall port stone supposed to be active right away is probably the better question. Think it was delayed last expansion
  17. Taurline New Member

the shard landing armor template vendor is messed up. she has about 16 rust tinged box of fears and they all combine a specific class, not the class of the character doing the combining.
  18. Caudyr Augur

That's how it's always been, iirc. The reason you probably never saw them before is that you had the "Show only items I can use" checkbox checked, I imagine.

I recall there always being many boxes there if you unchecked that.
    Could you elaborate on this, please?

I didn't even know it was possible to move every item in one bag to another all at once...always thought it had to be done one slot at a time...unless I'm misinterpreting this...hence my request for elaboration. ;)
  19. Taurline New Member

bah thanks :) at least they could be labeled class specific.
  20. Liliana Augur

you've been able to move an entire bag into another since voa or hot, i forget which. Think its just control click a bag while holding a bag on cursor.